News Article: Freddy is playing through a Groin injury.. Updated reveals Knee injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Probably because the alternative is Hutchinson. Don’t act like he has time to rest and recover in a shortened season.

Nevertheless, convenient timing but given his mobility recently definitely believable.

shortened season or not my stance on injuries has always been the same. put in hutchinson and then try to make a deal somehow or somewhere. because playing an injured goaltender can hurt our season just as much as Hutchinson can.

I'm not doubting that he's injured. i just don't think he should be playing. rest it.

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
The groin injury does kind of explain why he’d be so slow to get to his feet after play’s moved the other way. For all we know, the injury could have been a re-aggravation, or something he’d unknowingly tweaked during game or practice.
Just the second-guessing in moving laterally and being uncomfortable overall is enough to throw a goalie’s game off... and he’s had to face more than his fair share of odd man rushes.

I also agree with some of the above posts - why didn’t they play Woll in Hutchinson’s place? Yes he got a shut out but there’s enough of an NHL sample to disqualify him from any extended commitment with this team.

Garthinater

Nov 22, 2015
Why play a goalie with an injured groin? Seems like either fake news or a bad idea. We'll see

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The guy can’t see a point shot to save his own life. I think he needs a new pair of glasses.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Guys the biggest pos. Another season wasted without a goalie

Management is a disgrace too. Let’s keep playing a goalie who is A) hurt and B) garbage

Reactions: rdogg

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
This guy is singlehandedly destroying the Leafs ability to contend this year. We went from a team finding a new defensive gear without him to likely a 1 win in 7 games stretch with him playing the bulk of the games.

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
andersen is trash. injury or not. also if an injury is bothering him, then why play him?

i feel like this is just an excuse to try and get the fans/media off freddy. dubas and coaching staff know the fans/media are crapping on him and probably leaked this to ease the pressure off.

fat chance of that happening. i'm willing to be he's not injured at all and is just terrible. like always.

NK94

Feb 5, 2019
Dubas needs to pick up a goalie at the deadline. Andersen is looking like 2006-07 Raycroft at this point.

Mar 26, 2010
Why is Anderson telling the media he is not feeling good? Anderson is making excuses. I find all of his interviews toxic.
Andersen is just making excuses for his poor play. Nothing more.

He is not injured. No way he would be cleared to play by the Leafs doctors if he was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad