Speculation: Frank Servalli says Laine/Ehlers could be trade bait for Winnipeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I totally agree and see where you're coming from. How about instead we do Jack Roslovic + Sami Niku for Domi?
I totally agree that you keep both of them and Elhers one for one.....or nothing.

In the real world when you bait and switch, just like here.....your laughed at.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Where did this figure of of Laine demanding 10 - 11 million come from? Is there a legit source you can link to?

As for some teams being interested...maybe some teams dont have 4 60 point+ wingers and would like to add a bonafide 1st liner?

From a Jets fan perspective your offer is an obvious troll especially considering your worst case scenario - 30 goal Laine - would still be the Habs best scorer.
From a Habs perspective, there is a risk in Laine. He's already shown a he can score 44 and drop to 30.

A 44 goal player is elite....and so is his salary. A 30 goal scorer is more in the 5-7 milion range.

Laine is going to want to be paid Marner and Matthews money. Obviously the strenious denials from Jets fans is that you know that it will hurt.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Don't worry, Laine is going to see that if he takes 6 million, Jet fans will love him.

Keep sleeping on that old pre Marner and Matthews Leafs pillow.....

I would recommend you stick to facts only.

The fact is Laine is signed now at 6.75 million and will absolutely get a deserved raise......to what level depends on many factors.....his performance, flat cap, his peers, term, etc. To-date there has been no approved source stating what those demands are.

Reactions: Nedarb

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
If Laine was signed to a longer deal, mayyyybe.

With his current deal and no extension in place, not a chance. If there is an extension, one would think it’s in the area of 9M$, meaning the Devils are taking on close to 2.5 M$ extra salary per year, with the cap being flat for at least 3 years.

I’d consider this, if Laine we’re to resign a LTC...

Laine + 10th overall
for
Hischier + 20th overall

Awful for Winnipeg. Absolutely awful.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
That offer wasn’t even 1 for 1. Laine is far better than Hischier and yet Winnipeg is giving up more value for him?

The jets are getting their #2 center, locked up for 7 more years at a team friendly deal whereas Laine will want to break the bank and has two less years of team control.

Those are things Gm’s look at but might be insignificant to the everyday fan. They don’t only look at points!

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
From a Habs perspective, there is a risk in Laine. He's already shown a he can score 44 and drop to 30.

A 44 goal player is elite....and so is his salary. A 30 goal scorer is more in the 5-7 milion range.

Laine is going to want to be paid Marner and Matthews money. Obviously the strenious denials from Jets fans is that you know that it will hurt.
What 30 goal scorers make 5mil?

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Classic HF:

"What are your needs?"
"Top pairing dman and a 2c"
"Here's our top pairing dman and a 2c"
"OMG such terble offur!"

I think we all remember Laine's performance when it was good...but I think we all remember when it was bad as well. So doubt chastise us for remembering both the good and bad and considering how much money he will likely want and balancing it all out.

Any team that trades for Laine isn't just getting the brief durations when he scores...you're getting everything else that comes with it.

Now that said, you can easily get a better offer than Dumo+McCann...but that's what we can offer within the parameters of what you said your need are.
If you don't have a good enough top pairing D or 2C, how does that address the need?

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
The jets are getting their #2 center, locked up for 7 more years at a team friendly deal whereas Laine will want to break the bank and has two less years of team control.

Those are things Gm’s look at but might be insignificant to the everyday fan. They don’t only look at points!
Laine will end up being paid more because he’s two or three tiers above Hischier. The Jets would rather just sign him than to give him up for a lesser piece of while moving down in the draft.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Classic HF:

"What are your needs?"
"Top pairing dman and a 2c"
"Here's our top pairing dman and a 2c"
"OMG such terble offur!"

I think we all remember Laine's performance when it was good...but I think we all remember when it was bad as well. So doubt chastise us for remembering both the good and bad and considering how much money he will likely want and balancing it all out.

Any team that trades for Laine isn't just getting the brief durations when he scores...you're getting everything else that comes with it.

Now that said, you can easily get a better offer than Dumo+McCann...but that's what we can offer within the parameters of what you said your need are.

Classic HF: Guy offers a 3rd line winger and calls him a 2nd line C.

Reactions: bchuck and Pongs21

Belzebob

Apr 10, 2016
Depends.....

the return for laine would have to fill the team's need.

a proven #2 centre younger than shief and a top 4 d that will clear the net.

i do not believe a trade is going to happen at the present time, unless that exact type of trade is made.

if there is 1 thing chevy has proven is that he is a patient man.

i can see the season starting and trying to fill the positions in-house.

there is the available cash to give laine a decent raise, if need be.

i do not see any major trades for the jets till the deadline.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
If you think you’re getting a better player 1 for 1, for Laine, you’re dreaming in technicolor!
I am starting to feel sorry for Jets fans as posts like this about their player must be really taxing. You are the second absolutely out of touch poster that I have posted about in this thread alone.

Brooklyn called their bridge has an opening.

Reactions: Nedarb

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Why not fire Maurice, and see how Laine does then?
A star player doesn't need the coach to perform. Laine played with Scheifele for the most part, and on the #1 PP. He had the 6th most ice time of all RWs in the league. Oh, and Connor managed to score 38 goals last season with Maurice as his coach.

Laine has had remarkable success as a scorer under Maurice in his first 4 seasons, starting at age 18.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad