Speculation: Frank Servalli says Laine/Ehlers could be trade bait for Winnipeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
I feel like Winnipeg don't know what they want with Laine. Do they want a PF ? Sniper ? 2 way f ?

Just deal him at this point and let him play his true role, sniper.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
For 2 years now, I've wanted to see Laine on the Isles beside Barzal.

I don't think Lou would want to pay the price (Dobson) though.

Reactions: Sam Steel

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
The issue is that most teams would want those players, few has the pieces it takes to acquire them and fewer have the pieces and want to trade them. Like with most elite players you are likely looking at quantity for quality, not sure this will be of interest for WPG. Not sure WPG will be interested in picks and prospects.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
For 2 years now, I've wanted to see Laine on the Isles beside Barzal.

I don't think Lou would want to pay the price (Dobson) though.

I think it would end up being something like Pulock, Wahlstrom, and maybe another smaller add. I think something with cap and value(Pulock) would have to be going back, especially if Laine is looking for a big raise.

Reactions: Merrrlin

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
The issue here is that so few teams, if any at all, have the depth necessary to trade a 2nd line center or a top pairing defenseman for a winger. Nothing will end up happening, imo.

Reactions: Sam Pollock

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
I think it would end up being something like Pulock, Wahlstrom, and maybe another smaller add. I think something with cap and value(Pulock) would have to be going back, especially if Laine is looking for a big raise.

That's true, I often forget NYI will be up against the cap. They may need to shed another salary too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->