Confirmed with Link: Francesco Aquilini gives his thoughts on the season

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
lol @ this still being a thread.

Aquaman's not going to say a damn thing. Blah blah blah, like the kids, blah blah blah, hope for the future, blah blah bling bling blah, have full confidence in our people moving forward. There ya go, saved you all the time.
Except he said he will say he’s not happy about something

Askel

By the way Benning should be fired.
Apr 19, 2004
Malmö/Vancouver
Ice time is the bar for a core player? Ben Hutton is our #2 D for TOI/60 does that mean he is a core defenceman?....FFS indeed.
This is BS, Hamhuis and Ehrhoff was 2nd/3rd in ice time/game on a dominant Stanley cup finalist. To not call him core is stupid. The fact that Hutton has more ice time on a bottom 20 team doesn't compare.

Reactions: Hit the post

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
The amount of Fire Benning replies to Aqulini's tweet is significant. Though I'd be shocked at this point if that led to Benning's firing.
Judging by some of the juvenile digs and insults by the 'fire benning' crowd aimed at FA on his twitter....One could easily assume that it might have the opposite of the desired effect by anti Benning types.

MadaCanuckle

Jun 25, 2012
Lisboa
Judging by some of the juvenile digs and insults by the 'fire benning' crowd aimed at FA on his twitter....One could easily assume that it might have the opposite of the desired effect by anti Benning types.
No one can top the insults of the Benning drones on Twitter. Got someone who said to "kill myself", and another to "get cancer asap ". With all the "stupid", "moron" and similar delightful terms.

Last edited:

WestCoast CyberG

Nov 5, 2018
This is BS, Hamhuis and Ehrhoff was 2nd/3rd in ice time/game on a dominant Stanley cup finalist. To not call him core is stupid. The fact that Hutton has more ice time on a bottom 20 team doesn't compare.
Once again you are not providing any content other than ice time as the criteria for being a core piece to a stanley cup contender. Hamhuis and Ehrhoff were fantastasic players and provided solid D but core pieces don't pack up and walk after 2 years as an FA.

If you want to label both as core pieces by all means please do so..that was not my argument if you had paid attention.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Once again you are not providing any content other than ice time as the criteria for being a core piece to a stanley cup contender. Hamhuis and Ehrhoff were fantastasic players and provided solid D but core pieces don't pack up and walk after 2 years as an FA.

If you want to label both as core pieces by all means please do so..that was not my argument if you had paid attention.

Hamhuis didn’t walk after 2 years, and he spent time as alternate captain. Suggesting Hamhuis wasn’t a core player is absolutely ridiculous.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017

I don’t have Twitter. Would Fans be able to send a message (on Twitter) directly to Aquilini? Is there no filter?

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I don’t have Twitter. Would Fans be able to send a message (on Twitter) directly to Aquilini? Is there no filter?
I don’t have Twitter either,but it appears that you can state your point without being vulgar.

From what I could see ..there were a lot of replies that were being deleted on FA’s Twitter..

Reactions: Luckylarry

Hemty

"Magni Consili Angelus"
Jan 14, 2015
Riga
soundcloud.com
I don’t have Twitter either,but it appears that you can state your point without being vulgar.

From what I could see ..there were a lot of replies that were being deleted on FA’s Twitter..
Nah, Twitter has become, mostly, a cesspool of trolls. You might find a decent debate here and there, but mostly trolls.

He seems to atleast glance at them, but to what level is the question.

Ah who are we kidding, after hearing all the stuff about how hes went about attacking the media here and there, about things being said about him etc., i can actually see him reading those, lol.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
No one can top the insults of the Benning drones on Twitter. Got someone who said to "kill myself", and another to "get cancer asap ". With all the "stupid", "moron" and similar delightful terms.

This is very true. One guy called me a moron and told me to take the L when I said the Canucks were the worst team in the NHL over the last 4 years (back before buffalo fell below us). Apparently the standings are just an opinion. :facepalm:

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
Ya because those overweight slobs with the Fire Gillis signs seemed really mature and well grounded.

BkL2Y20CAAEQ718.jpg

Reactions: Peter10

lousy

Jul 20, 2004
Calgary

Are you surprised by some crazy people responding to the tone you usually post with? You are on the other end of the spectrum. Which is not any better

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad