Confirmed with Link: Francesco Aquilini gives his thoughts on the season

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
pretty much exactly what was expected. This is a sales pitch to the fans - a bit of a rewrite of history and and ultimately just talking up the team to the people that buy season tickets tickets. As for Benning, it means little as Aquilini can't come out and say bad things about his without destroying his own happy times message to buy more tickets.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
What a load of horseshit. They didn't make rebuilding moves in the off-season, again. They clearly took shortcuts and tried to compete, like they've done every year.

Like if Benning told him it was a rebuilding year before signing those UFAs, it means that he completely cocked up the concept of rebuilding. And I'm saying this after Roussel/Beagle ended up being decent (if overpaid) additions.

Although it does embrace status quo, it only says one time that Benning did a decent job, and the praise to me is not effusive. IMO it definitely opens up the door to hiring a president who will basically neuter Benning.

I don't give a f*** what his meddling reputation is, is it more embarassing to be seen as a meddler when every single owner in pro sports meddles to some degree? Or to miss the playoffs and consistently finish at the bottom of the table season after season because you want to save face?

Benning/Weisbrod need to be let go ASAP. This entire front office shit the bed this year, there were so many amateur hour moments, and at the end of the day they barely managed to tread water. It would have been a more obvious disaster if the West wasn't so terrible this season.

Freakshow

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver Island
This guy is almost as big of a clown-show as Jim Benning, the two of them together couldn't come up with an 80 IQ lol. Ok now that we've got that out of the way and there should be no misunderstanding of how I feel.

The past two years have been positive in that they kept their picks and they've made some good selections in Petterson and Hughes, but, they've gotta be better on the draft floor than just picking high in the first round and say "oh look at me, they brought me in to make good picks". Most anyone can pick good players in the top five picks in the entire world. Why he (Benning) thinks this is a great accomplishment on his part is beyond me. He pooched the Virtanen and Juolevi picks but he fancy's himself a drafting wizard? Where's the depth guys from the draft over the past five yearsf? Gaudette isn't enough to say it's been ok....it hasn't!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad