Fox vs Chabot

Fox vs Chabot: Who do you take long term?

• Total voters

Woncka

Jan 19, 2021
Not that I disagree with you, but Fox and Chabot have almost identical PPG’s so far in their careers. .57 for Chabot and .59 for Fox.
This is disingenuous

Rangers average far more scoring than Ottawa

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I agree Chabot has the higher end skill set and will be the better player should he find consistency. No disagreement at all here.

Fox already has that consistency, even on a bad team with terrible defensemen. I’m amazed how calm he is with the puck and how he rarely makes a bad decision. He’s sneaky good.

I’d like nothing more than for Fox to be bad, not because he spurned my team (no issue with that), but because the Rangers are normally a division rival.

I think saying that the Rangers have terrible defensemen is a bit of an exaggeration. Terrible third pair, but Trouba while not as good as once thought of is their 4th best defenseman, they also have an underrated defenseman in Lindgren and K'Andre Miller is one of the better defensive prospects and has been playing like a stud so far. The Rangers' team defense has actually been good for the most part this season, goaltending has been up and down. The Rangers' top 4 is probably average at worst.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I think saying that the Rangers have terrible defensemen is a bit of an exaggeration. Terrible third pair, but Trouba while not as good as once thought of is their 4th best defenseman, they also have an underrated defenseman in Lindgren and K'Andre Miller is one of the better defensive prospects and has been playing like a stud so far. The Rangers' team defense has actually been good for the most part this season, goaltending has been up and down. The Rangers' top 4 is probably average at worst.
Yeah. That’s Probably fair. I’ve not been impressed by Trouba and while Miller looks promising, he’s only got a handful of games under his belt. Probably too harsh in my assessment though

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Yeah. That’s Probably fair. I’ve not been impressed by Trouba and while Miller looks promising, he’s only got a handful of games under his belt. Probably too harsh in my assessment though

I'm not sure what to make of Trouba. He looks like ass sometimes but I think as a #4 defenseman if you ignore his salary he's pretty good. I would love to know what percentage we've had of goals allowed this year when the third pair was on the ice when normalized by minutes played. It's probably pretty terrible. Thankfully Jack Johnson hasn't played in some time.

Reactions: Boom Boom Apathy

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Just because the Rangers are underperforming doesn't mean their team quality isn't like 3x better than Ottawa. Chabot is better.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
I'm not sure what to make of Trouba. He looks like ass sometimes but I think as a #4 defenseman if you ignore his salary he's pretty good. I would love to know what percentage we've had of goals allowed this year when the third pair was on the ice when normalized by minutes played. It's probably pretty terrible. Thankfully Jack Johnson hasn't played in some time.
You can get that data, but right now with a small sample size, they aren’t very meaningful. 1 more or less goal is a big swinger in rates. By end of season it becomes more meaningful.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I agree Chabot has the higher end skill set and will be the better player should he find consistency. No disagreement at all here.

Fox already has that consistency, even on a bad team with terrible defensemen. I’m amazed how calm he is with the puck and how he rarely makes a bad decision. He’s sneaky good.

I’d like nothing more than for Fox to be bad, not because he spurned my team (no issue with that), but because the Rangers are normally a division rival.
The rangers aren't a bad team comparing them to Ottawa ridiculous. Its not remotely the same and ,Chabot has been consistent for alot longer in this league than fox has. He has got off to a slow start after not playing for almost a calender year with a team being ran by morons. Who actually thought filling a team with 5 and 6th d men and 4th line veterans was going to help. Chabot literally has no one to pass to. They have no forwards other than Stuetzle who can score off the rush. It's brutal.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Ok, I’ll take your word for it since I watch the Rangers more than Ottawa. I just think some people are underrating Fox a bit, but whatever. I already agree Chabot has higher end skill, but I don’t feel strongly enough about the poll one way or another to get in a pissing contest about it, especially with a fan of one of the two teams.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Plus minus hahahaha

It's not like the Rangers were some insanely good team last year. The +22 is good. Though hard to compare to Chabot because the Rangers were a better team last year, but in it of itself +22 for a bubble playoff team last year who many people thought wouldn't make it in an ordinary season is steller.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Not that Fox is playing on a stanley cup contender or anything, but I think once Ottawa starts getting competitive you will see how good Chabot is. It's not easy being virtually the only NHL caliber d-man on a group that has probably 1 legit top 6 NHL forward (I wouldn't classify Batherson or Stutzle as top 6 just yet). People forget Chabot posted 55 points two years ago when Ottawa had a forward core capable of scoring goals.

Reactions: NyQuil

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad