Fox vs Chabot

Fox vs Chabot: Who do you take long term?

• Total voters

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Adam "Bobby Orr" Fox is the real deal after how much Pierre McGuire endorsed him last night!

Pierre went overboard yesterday but Fox is one of the most underrated Ds in the league Pierre's drooling notwithstanding. He's just a 2nd year player who was overshadowed last year and this season just started but he's a legit stud. He just doesn't have the name recognition of other defensemen.

Reactions: Kupo

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Have a hard time judging Chabot on such a bad team tbh. I find him a bit overhyped but idk if thats cuz he has to do so much by himself with the Sens. Basically the only dman whos regularly in the lineup who can break the puck out whether its skating it or passing.

Wouldn't be surprised if he really took off when/if the Sens blueline gets better in the coming years and they add skill upfront. As of right now he shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence with the elite of the elite dmen imo.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Have a hard time judging Chabot on such a bad team tbh. I find him a bit overhyped but idk if thats cuz he has to do so much by himself with the Sens. Basically the only dman whos regularly in the lineup who can break the puck out whether its skating it or passing.

Wouldn't be surprised if he really took off when/if the Sens blueline gets better in the coming years and they add skill upfront. As of right now he shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence with the elite of the elite dmen imo.

doesn’t that explain Fox as well? Rangers aren’t great and guys like Jack Johnson, Trouba, Smith, Bitetto(sp) aren’t exactly breakout kings.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
doesn’t that explain Fox as well? Rangers aren’t great and guys like Jack Johnson, Trouba, Smith, Bitetto(sp) aren’t exactly breakout kings.

Im not too familiar with Fox but I watch all of Chabots games so was more comfortable just mentioning him. I'd be talking out my ass if I tried to break down Fox's game and the rest of the Rangers team lol.

Reactions: UnSandvich

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Im not too familiar with Fox but I watch all of Chabots games so was more comfortable just mentioning him. I'd be talking out my ass if I tried to break down Fox's game and the rest of the Rangers team lol.
Fair enough. And refreshing.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
So why would you vote for Chabot then, just out of curiosity?

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Not that I disagree with you, but Fox and Chabot have almost identical PPG’s so far in their careers. .57 for Chabot and .59 for Fox.
With that info it justifies my choice in Fox, as he is the better guy in his own end of the ice.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Pierre went overboard yesterday but Fox is one of the most underrated Ds in the league Pierre's drooling notwithstanding. He's just a 2nd year player who was overshadowed last year and this season just started but he's a legit stud. He just doesn't have the name recognition of other defensemen.

I don't doubt it. He really is a terrific dman. However his skill, talent and IQ was overshadowed by Pierre creaming his pants over him so many people link his name to a joke.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad