Fox vs Chabot

Fox vs Chabot: Who do you take long term?

• Total voters

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I don't doubt it. He really is a terrific dman. However his skill, talent and IQ was overshadowed by Pierre creaming his pants over him so many people link his name to a joke.

On the one hand for the one night, that's true. On the other hand I think over the long term as clownish as it was people talking about him during national telecasts would make him less obscure over the long haul overall.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Chabot's poor start + Fox's hot start does not equate to Fox being the better defender.
Chabot has much better skating + poise.
Chabot has averaged .57p a game throughout his career. His 7 points in 13 games are pretty much inline with his average. Fox is producing at the same clip he was last season too as a rookie. Neither player is hot or cold to start the season.

Chabot is the better skater - but I’m not sure what you mean by poise. Care to elaborate on that?

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Chabot has averaged .57p a game throughout his career. His 7 points in 13 games are pretty much inline with his average. Fox is producing at the same clip he was last season too as a rookie. Neither player is hot or cold to start the season.

Chabot is the better skater - but I’m not sure what you mean by poise. Care to elaborate on that?

Poise as in; positioning, hockey IQ in both zones.
Fox has better blue line movement, maybe a better shot.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Poise as in; positioning, hockey IQ in both zones.
Fox has better blue line movement, maybe a better shot.
This, is literally the best qualities Fox possesses. Better than his blue line movement and shot. Not sure I can agree with you here.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
This, is literally the best qualities Fox possesses. Better than his blue line movement and shot. Not sure I can agree with you here.
Without commenting on this specific comparison, you can be amongst the best in qualities X, Y & Z while still being inferior to someone in all of them

In reference to your previous post, the fact that Chabot is producing at a .57pt/game pace has exactly nothing to do with the fact that he's had a poor start to the season

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Chabot's poor start + Fox's hot start does not equate to Fox being the better defender.

Better poise? Thats Fox's game. His ability to hold onto the puck by freezing defenders in spots that other players would get their pockets picked for a breakaway is incredible. Fox has mostly 55-60 tools with a few 50's sprinkled in, while most of these top young defensemen have 65, 70, 75 tool grades. What puts Fox in the same category as these guys is his game sense, decision making, poise, craftiness is an 80.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Chabot will probably win the poll, but won’t surprise me if Fox ends up better. Guy is really good.
They aren't remotely close when Chabot is at his best he dominates games. He has had an inconsistent slow start but he hadn't played hockey in 11 months and is on a terrible team. His last game against Edmonton he dominated same with night one against Toronto. He had 55 points in 70 games when he had someone to pass the puck to and lead the NHL in icetime. I'd like to see any d man look good playing g 27 minutes a night on the sens.

Reactions: ReginKarlssonLehner

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Chabot may be a more dynamic skater, but Fox may have the most poise with the puck in the NHL. Your statement leads me to believe you haven't watched Fox play very much.

Reactions: Kupo

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
With that info it justifies my choice in Fox, as he is the better guy in his own end of the ice.
I think as time goes by people will start to realize that chabots production is reallybjust so so, and hisbdefensive game is quite mediocre.

I think adam fox as the choice here will become more and more clear over time. He justvdoesnt have muchvtrack record yet.

Reactions: Mick Riddleton

Taishici

Oct 19, 2017
Hopefully it's just a slow start, but Chabot has been disappointing this year. But Ottawa as a whole has been pretty bad.
I have only seen a little of Fox, so I won't vote. But what's great is that there's a lot young upcoming dmen right now in the NHL. There's sure to be lots of interesting discussions about them in the future.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
I'll take Chabot in most polls he's in. It's not an insult to Fox, Chabot is just one of the highest tier Dmen in the league right now. He will possibly be Canada's #1D in 2022.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
They aren't remotely close when Chabot is at his best he dominates games. He has had an inconsistent slow start but he hadn't played hockey in 11 months and is on a terrible team. His last game against Edmonton he dominated same with night one against Toronto. He had 55 points in 70 games when he had someone to pass the puck to and lead the NHL in icetime. I'd like to see any d man look good playing g 27 minutes a night on the sens.
I agree Chabot has the higher end skill set and will be the better player should he find consistency. No disagreement at all here.

Fox already has that consistency, even on a bad team with terrible defensemen. I’m amazed how calm he is with the puck and how he rarely makes a bad decision. He’s sneaky good.

I’d like nothing more than for Fox to be bad, not because he spurned my team (no issue with that), but because the Rangers are normally a division rival.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I'll take Chabot in most polls he's in. It's not an insult to Fox, Chabot is just one of the highest tier Dmen in the league right now. He will possibly be Canada's #1D in 2022.

I’d probably have Theadore ahead of him on the Canadian left side, but he’ll be on the team for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad