Player Discussion Former Habs & Picks watch: Gone but not forgotten (No Current NHLers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Daniel Carr up with the Preds.

I'm taking him in my FanDuel lineup tonight, super cheap of course. He'll score 2 tonight :D

Edit: Carr is actually not playing, so time to change that lineup :laugh:

Last edited:

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
Higgins - Perezhogin.jpg

Reactions: Doc McKenna

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Who ?
72448325_10157643969664257_4631458050698379264_n.jpg

He and Latendresse were 3rd line guys for some time.
And these jerseys. I believe that's the game were both Latendresse and Lang got hurt (Tanguay getting hurt I think was in another game). Anyway, man were these jerseys unlucky.

That Leaf is cursed no doubt in my mind...

Reactions: Fixxer

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016

So Markov didn't want to accept a PTO in the NHL. Yet he accepts one in the KHL. Over-valuing himself?

Guy has young kids with a dead mom.

Maybe he didn't want to come to North America for a month leaving his kids behind without having a plan for the school year etc. A tryout in his country of residence is way less disruptive.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Reactions: Edgy

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

Maybe he didn't want to come to North America for a month leaving his kids behind without having a plan for the school year etc. A tryout in his country of residence is way less disruptive.

Markov also said two years ago that he didn't want to play elsewhere in the NHL. It was either Montreal or somewhere in the K.

Reactions: Tighthead

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

The guy was ready to play in North America for the whole year, as he was looking for an NHL contract and not a PTO. So if he was willing to come play here for at least a full year, then playing here for a month is nothing.

His agent, Allan Walsh, said that at least 5 NHL teams were interested in Markov for a contract, not a PTO.

He has every right to go to KHL. But he doesn't have the benefit of the doubt from me because he was willing to come to NA for at least a full year.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
The guy was ready to play in North America for the whole year, as he was looking for an NHL contract and not a PTO. So if he was willing to come play here for at least a full year, then playing here for a month is nothing.

His agent, Allan Walsh, said that at least 5 NHL teams were interested in Markov for a contract, not a PTO.

He has every right to go to KHL. But he doesn't have the benefit of the doubt from me because he was willing to come to NA for at least a full year.

He was willing to come if it was a sure thing. Not on a PTO. What specific conclusion are you inferring from that.

Perhaps certainty is a priotity in his life? If he is on a PTO he doesn't know where his kids will be spending the year. Russian is their native language, coming to NA may take a fair bit of planning.

Hey go ahead and slag the guy if it makes you a big man. I'm sure not having the benefit of the doubt from you matters.

You are really great for confirming that he has the right to go to the KHL. Until you spelled that out for me I had my doubts.

Again all time class player, dealing with kids who have a dead mom, and you are trying to paint his career decisions in the worst light possible.

I can't imagine anyone being more petty and sour than you.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
He was willing to come if it was a sure thing. Not on a PTO. What specific conclusion are you inferring from that.

Perhaps certainty is a priotity in his life? If he is on a PTO he doesn't know where his kids will be spending the year. Russian is their native language, coming to NA may take a fair bit of planning.

Hey go ahead and slag the guy if it makes you a big man. I'm sure not having the benefit of the doubt from you matters.

You are really great for confirming that he has the right to go to the KHL. Until you spelled that out for me I had my doubts.

Again all time class player, dealing with kids who have a dead mom, and you are trying to paint his career decisions in the worst light possible.

I can't imagine anyone being more petty and sour than you.

The pot calling the kettle black.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
poor kid, lots of skill, just didn't get what it takes to succeed as a pro

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
[mod]

What do you think happened to Scherbak? I remember that you were very enthusiastic about him, and you said that it was on the Habs if he didn't become a top-six forward.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
What do you think happened to Scherbak? I remember that you were very enthusiastic about him, and you said that it was on the Habs if he didn't become a top-six forward.
Combination of him not wanting it and Habs not trying, Sadly as an outsider we dont know whats their attitude towards actually getting better.

Reactions: DAChampion

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Wow! how bad do you have to be to be put on waivers in Russia?

the KHL is widely considered the 2nd best hockey league in the world, so I wouldn't think it that big of a deal. He should end up somewhere soon I would think.

I only saw 1 game and some of another in the KHL but he was playing less then 10 mins on the 4th line. To me that's just stupid, Scherbak will never be a guy that can play on the 4th line, he is a playmaker so if you don't put him with a sniper then don't even bother to dress him.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
the KHL is widely considered the 2nd best hockey league in the world, so I wouldn't think it that big of a deal. He should end up somewhere soon I would think.

I only saw 1 game and some of another in the KHL but he was playing less then 10 mins on the 4th line. To me that's just stupid, Scherbak will never be a guy that can play on the 4th line, he is a playmaker so if you don't put him with a sniper then don't even bother to dress him.

Not that big of a deal? cut from the NHL and now cut from the K. A first rounder and what will be of him.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Not that big of a deal? cut from the NHL and now cut from the K. A first rounder and what will be of him.

well if he doesn't get another team to play for then of course he's screwed but it's not like he wasn't producing despite his limited ice time, so I would think he just wasn't a good fit on a top KHL team as he's not a 4th liner. We'll see what happens, clearly things haven't gone well for him as he he's injury problems, work ethic problems, not the smartest player that's for sure. But he is a heck of a playmaker so in the right situation I do think he can be a decent player in the KHL.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
well if he doesn't get another team to play for then of course he's screwed but it's not like he wasn't producing despite his limited ice time, so I would think he just wasn't a good fit on a top KHL team as he's not a 4th liner. We'll see what happens, clearly things haven't gone well for him as he he's injury problems, work ethic problems, not the smartest player that's for sure. But he is a heck of a playmaker so in the right situation I do think he can be a decent player in the KHL.

He does have skill,but it's seems to be trending if you don't have more,it's simply not enough. Wish him all the best of course,but a huge pay scale differential from NHL to....?

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Ken Dryden has written a book about Scotty Bowman. I only saw the french version, I assume it will be in both.
3c0c239a-f9eb-11e9-a65c-0eda3a42da3c.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad