Player Discussion Former Habs & Picks watch: Gone but not forgotten (No Current NHLers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
6395.jpg

GPGAPTS+/-PIM
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

4th (G+A)
Semin Alexander
28Vityaz1057123017:57
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

I have a Semin player shirt. I regret not getting a Hemsky one to add to the list of notable players that randomly played for the Habs

Reactions: cphabs and Fixxer

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Moog was fine. Vigneault just didn't have a solution for Buffalo (Lindy Ruff coaching) running the goalie in a cycle with no penalty. They couldn't run Hasek, he was a star, they got penalized for trying to take the puck off his stick when he was way out of his crease, and they didn't have any goons.

Vigneault played 3 D against the Pens big line, pulled off the upset, but I really don't know what he could have done in Buffalo. Moog retired after two games, both from the physical abuse and the total lack of respect from the officials. He was a little guy and he has knocked flying repeatedly, no call, no retaliation. The whole team just gaped at the refs all series.

With Moog they win the series in a walk. Guy gets no respect.

That might be the most infuriating series I have ever watched.

Like you said, you couldn't touch hasek. He would come out of the net, and flop around like he had been shot. He bent the rules badly, and the refs were supporting him every time.

There were numerous despicable characters on that Buffalo squad including Barnaby, varada, and grosek that were able to roam free and do their antics.

Scoring against hasek was tough enough, but it seemed like buffalo would immediately score to get it back every single time like clockwork.

There was also a marathon OT game lost in game 3 as icing on the cake.

There was just nothing going Montreal's way in this series.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Ghetto blaster off to a good start in the KHL with 9 pts in 11 games. Andrei Kostitsyn with 8 pts in 12 games. Jerabek with 8 pts in 8 games. After crushing the league last year, Dietz is off to a bit of a slow start, 3 pts in 7 games playing with former Habs Dustin Boyd and Eric Tangradi

Zam Boni

Dec 14, 2009
Montreal legend Karri Ramo just signed with Djurgarden in SEL!

Karri who!?
Acquired during the Gauthier years from Tamba in exchange for Cecdric Desjardins, he remained in the KHL before being shipped to Calgary where he played well enough to last three years before stopping by in Toronto for a smell of coffee on his way back to Russia.

For some reason I had high hopes for Ramo and thought he would do really good in the NHL and was pretty pumped when the Canadiens acquired him, that never happened obviously.

In other Djurgarden and ex-Habs news, Andreas Engqvist recently retired due to lingering effects from consussion.

Reactions: DavePeak

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I was watching Olofsson today and one of his teammates was former Hab Tom Pyatt. Made me want to look up and see how some of the former Habs are doing,

Not a Hab but former Laval player, Eric Gelinas is off to a good start in the SHL with 5 pts in 7 games.

Walford has 7 pts in 7 games as an overager in the dub.

Casey Staum is about to start his NCAA career at Colorado College, a good hockey program.

Bitten has 2 pts in 2 games so far playing with former Hab Dumont.

Ghetto blaster tied for 2nd on his team in points. His teammate Scherbak seems to have woken up, now tied for 7th on the team in points with 4 after having only 1 pt for the first several games. Not sure if he's still on the 4th line. Emelin is also on that team but has played only 1 game so I assume he's injured.

Reway just 1 pt in the Czech league, he's already missed almost half the games but not sure if it's injury, illness or just not good enough. Not a Hab but since he's Reway's teammate and a freak of nature but how about Jagr playing at 47 and has 5 goals in 6 games. Not sure what happened as Pleks was supposed to be on that team but he's on another Czech team, has 2 pts in 4 games. He's about to turn 37, damn I'm getting old as I remember following him before he came over to Hamilton.

Bozon struggling in the Swiss league so far with just 1 pt in 10 games. Really sucks what happened to him and Reway.

Dietz with 4 pts in 9 games.

Morgan Ellis with 3 pts in 13 games in the KHL

Nattinen with 4 pts in 8 games in the KHL

Avtsin with 3 pts in 9 games after getting 3 pts in 20 games last year.

Kristo with 5 pts in 10 games in the Swiss league

David Fischer with 3 pts in 8 games in the Austria league

Ben Maxwell with 4 pts in 10 games in the Swiss league

D'Agostini with 6 pts in 9 games in the Swiss league

Lapierre with 5 pts in 8 games in the DEL

Reactions: L4br3cqu3 and HBDay

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
What kind of salary these guys are doing in such leagues (swiss, austria, etc)?

Andrighetto gets around 1-1.5M, Scherbak around 300k. Lower end guys probably get around 50k-100k, dunno about Max (if i had to guess probably ~300k-400k).

Last edited:
Reactions: Fixxer

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
In this day and age, the defensive side of the game is very important. I'm not against an offensive player developing that part.

Look what happened to Scherbak, who didn't develop it.
LMAO! A 10 year old could have predicted Sherbak’s fate in our organization.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
LMAO! A 10 year old could have predicted Sherbak’s fate in our organization.
It didn't matter what organization he was in. He didn't develop his 200 foot game, no one wanted him.

LMAO

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Scherbak seems to be heating up a bit as when I saw him he was on the 4th line and now only 5 forwards on his team have more points then him, one being Ghetto blaster but Scherbak has almost missed 4 games, which has been one of his biggest problems, too many injuries. (unless he was a healthy scratch at some point as I haven't been following him, just going off stats)

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Ben Maxwell with 4 pts in 10 games in the Swiss league

Lapierre with 5 pts in 8 games in the DEL

I remember being pretty high on Maxwell, I knew he wouldn't burn the league, but I thought he would hold his own on a 2nd line somewhere...

Lapierre was completely misused in Montreal, and probably got too cocky, but I liked him. Sucked when he left.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
Lapierre was completely misused in Montreal, and probably got too cocky, but I liked him. Sucked when he left.
Who ?
72448325_10157643969664257_4631458050698379264_n.jpg

He and Latendresse were 3rd line guys for some time.
And these jerseys. I believe that's the game were both Latendresse and Lang got hurt (Tanguay getting hurt I think was in another game). Anyway, man were these jerseys unlucky.

Reactions: CheldishGamibno

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
Reway is -8 with 1A in 5 games in the Czech, a league he used to dominate, poor guy.
Yeah that virus, illness he had caught sure got to him. Was hoping he could get back his strength, conditioning but I guess it won't come back...

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Antti Niemi is having trouble in the KHL so far 1-5-0 record with 3.79 GAA and .880 sv%.

As a comparison, his goaltending partner for Jokerit Janis Kalnins is 7-2-1 2.18 and .918.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad