Player Discussion Former Habs & Picks watch: Gone but not forgotten (No Current NHLers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
The guy was ready to play in North America for the whole year, as he was looking for an NHL contract and not a PTO. So if he was willing to come play here for at least a full year, then playing here for a month is nothing.

His agent, Allan Walsh, said that at least 5 NHL teams were interested in Markov for a contract, not a PTO.

He has every right to go to KHL. But he doesn't have the benefit of the doubt from me because he was willing to come to NA for at least a full year.
context.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
Long time no see.
74341545_2528531313897439_8730281496029429760_n.jpg

Jul 6, 2016
I don't know about that...I mean they drafted York (who's nothing like Fischer) and he should be a pretty good dman. He already has 3 points in 3 games for the University of Michigan. Don't get me wrong though, I would much rather have Caufield :thumbu:

Fischer was good at college level too....

Reactions: Fixxer and FrankMTL

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Fischer was good at college level too....

Not a dynamic player like Cam York in my opinion. On top of that, apparently he was one of the worst pre-draft interviews and there are some teams who put him on their no draft because of this. There was the rumour going around about which player it was and when it was finally revealed to be Fischer, most Habs fans wanted to go rock themselves in a corner somewhere.

I just checked, Fischer had a total of 38 points in 157 games in 4 years of College. I wouldn't say that's considered "Good".

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Not a dynamic player like Cam York in my opinion. On top of that, apparently he was one of the worst pre-draft interviews and there are some teams who put him on their no draft because of this. There was the rumour going around about which player it was and when it was finally revealed to be Fischer, most Habs fans wanted to go rock themselves in a corner somewhere.

I just checked, Fischer had a total of 38 points in 157 games in 4 years of College. I wouldn't say that's considered "Good".
What's the source on this info? Not saying it isn't true, I've just never heard it before.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
What's the source on this info? Not saying it isn't true, I've just never heard it before.

That's just it, there was no "official source" per say, just a lot of rumblings on HFBoards at the time. If I remember correctly, there were a few well connected posters that had some inside information, but this was over 13 years ago, so good luck finding that.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Fischer was basically a bad pick from the start but the loss of his mother early in his collegiate career probably didn't help, plus a few injury troubles IIRC. At least the team capitalized on the NHL's rulebook and turned him into a 2nd round pick which we used in the Wisniewski trade.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
David Fischer won the championship in the EBEL as a Captain last year. Off to a good start again this year.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Scherbak signs with Traktor of the KHL, he'll join former Hab Christian Thomas and fellow draft pick Avtsin. They need the help since they have the least goals for per game in the KHL. Hopefully for his sake he's not on the 4th line.

Reactions: Fixxer

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Chris Terry is back leading the AHL in scoring with 18 points in 11 games, not bad.

Semin seems to be having his best KHL season so far with 21 points (9 goals) in 19 games.

Scherbak signs with Traktor of the KHL, he'll join former Hab Christian Thomas and fellow draft pick Avtsin. They need the help since they have the least goals for per game in the KHL. Hopefully for his sake he's not on the 4th line.

Avtsin is still on the team? Hockeydb has him as "no longer on active roster" or is he maybe injured?

2019-20Nizhnekamsk Neftekhimik*KHL1012380
2019-20Chelyabinsk Traktor*KHL312320
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Chris Terry is back leading the AHL in scoring with 18 points in 11 games, not bad.

Semin seems to be having his best KHL season so far with 21 points (9 goals) in 19 games.

Avtsin is still on the team? Hockeydb has him as "no longer on active roster" or is he maybe injured?

2019-20Nizhnekamsk Neftekhimik*KHL1012380
2019-20Chelyabinsk Traktor*KHL312320
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Avtsin spent some time in the VHL, so that might be why. Elite prospects is better to follow euros because hdb only has the top euro league.

Reactions: Fixxer and montreal

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Was looking up the boxscore for McNiven when I noticed one of his teammates was Thrower, kind of surprising that he could never make it out of the ECHL.

He never had a chance after his short stint in 2015-2016. So much potential wasted by injuries. Even on his current team, he played only 5 games I assume due to injuries (Only 4 D played more than 10 games, 4 played 5-9 and 1 played 2).

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Anybody know what's up right now with Markov? I see that he played one KHL game and picked up and assist but nothing since. Can't seem to find if he is injured or decided to call it a career.

Reactions: Canadienna

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal

I remember that story me too . I was furious when i saw the Habs selected him

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
So now that he is no longer a current NHL player, Joe Morrow signs in the KHL after having his contract terminated a few days ago:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Yikes. Can't say I thought he would bust that much. Some pretty good mix of skill, speed and size but something never clicked.

those aren't bad numbers as he's been playing on the 4th line, if he had 3 more points he would be in the top 20 in scoring in the KHL for U-25 players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad