Player Discussion Former Habs & Picks watch: Gone but not forgotten (No Current NHLers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
I hear you, I was one of his it seemed few fans on here. Something about watching a prolific goal scorer come up through our system.

I was one of his biggest defenders on this board. But the 2017 playoffs were just too much for me to handle. The whining when we didn't re sign Radulov was equally as bad.

He was unfit to be captain and a pouty little bitch all around

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Yeah, he's a bum in the KHL too. But it's hilarious that their contracts can be ''renegotiated.''

they are playing him on the 4th line, or were in the one game I saw. Why would you be after the guy for months, and then put him on the 4th line, it boggles the mind how a coach couldn't see what he was before and that if you are going to play him on the 4th line you are just wasting everyone's time.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
a better question would be, would you pay pk 9 mil per year going forward if his contract was up?

How he rebounds, or if he rebounds this season will more or less dictate how he's perceived going forward.

At any rate, he has what, two Norris top 3 plus a Conn Smythe worthy performance on his resume since signing that 9M deal? I think it's fair to say it was a fair contract, which is what most people thought back when he signed it.

Whether he's still worth that kind of money on the tail-end of the contract doesn't change what he accomplished earlier on.

In any case, that Devils team will be an interesting one to follow.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
a better question would be, would you pay pk 9 mil per year going forward if his contract was up?

I'd love Pk over chiarot on the current roster. I'd try him on the left side... it's a gamble that he plays well and doesn't kill the cap over the next 3 years. Then, whem his contract is up, you see how he's played and what salary he'll command.

I'm one of the few who think last season was an abberation, due to injury, and that he'll bounce back. If he gets back to his old self, his trade value would be very hig . And we could move him if his contract made it difficult to sign KK down the road.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
All these posts of former Habs doing squat on other teams reassures us MB made the right call in letting them go.

You know what it also does ? It reassures me TT drafted crap. That guy better score on a whole bunch of guys in the last 3 drafts, that's all I will say.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
All these posts of former Habs doing squat on other teams reassures us MB made the right call in letting them go.

You know what it also does ? It reassures me TT drafted crap. That guy better score on a whole bunch of guys in the last 3 drafts, that's all I will say.

Why because Lernout & Condon got waived? ;)

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
I started watching in 97-98, so I never saw the Habs get a cup or go further than when Price got hurt by Kreider.
The season you mention, it must be when Zholtok (RIP) had like 26 goals I believe. The effort was there, but the lack of skill.. obvious!
edit : and the goalies. I mean, I really like Price (wasn't the biggest fan early on) but man.. Thibault (didn't work as expected), Hackett, Moog... well, maybe Moog in 1990, but by the late 90s.. and he was still the same height but older (so, he was a hab only on my fist season watching.. I feel like he had been there like 3-4 years lol). He was good though, can't deny it!
I mean, still, they were average/good, but not like...elite or close...

Moog was fine. Vigneault just didn't have a solution for Buffalo (Lindy Ruff coaching) running the goalie in a cycle with no penalty. They couldn't run Hasek, he was a star, they got penalized for trying to take the puck off his stick when he was way out of his crease, and they didn't have any goons.

Vigneault played 3 D against the Pens big line, pulled off the upset, but I really don't know what he could have done in Buffalo. Moog retired after two games, both from the physical abuse and the total lack of respect from the officials. He was a little guy and he has knocked flying repeatedly, no call, no retaliation. The whole team just gaped at the refs all series.

With Moog they win the series in a walk. Guy gets no respect.

Dongstoppable

Oct 12, 2017
not sure it was brought up but saw that former Hab Andreas Engqvist retired, he was only 31.

Played only 2 games last year after being named captain, must have been a serious injury? Feel bad for him, he was probably going to have a long, productive career over there.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I was listening to Lyle odelein share some stories about the the old Habs teams in the 90s on the chiclets podcast.

He mentioned that serge savard approached him in the dressing room to take a care of a rat in the dressing room.

Apparently, the rat was leaking stories outside of the room for the stuff that the players were doing in their own time.

So odelein basically kicked the crap out of this guy, and he was never seen in the NHL again. Any ideas as to who this guy may have been?

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
6395.jpg

GPGAPTS+/-PIM
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

4th (G+A)
Semin Alexander
28Vityaz1057123017:57
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Jul 6, 2016
I thought this was JC Van Dam for a second.

Most likely the end of his NHL career.

This guy is like a cat. He,s got 9 lives. We will see him soon on another NHL team needing muscle, weight on a 4th line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad