Player Discussion Former Habs & Picks watch: Gone but not forgotten (No Current NHLers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Seems like Bergevin and the coaches were right about...

- Ghetto
- Beaulieu
- Galchenyuk
- DLR
- Scherbak

Next guy will be Hudon. I know he thinks he deserves more but his priories are messed up. He's not suited for the 4th line so crack our top 9 and produce or shut up! Know your role and if you are not producing, we don't need another smurf in our line-up.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Renaud Lavoie was right about the guy, when he was asked by Luc Robitaille what to expect. Imagine that, even Lavoie got it right. :D

Reactions: Vachon23

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Glad he is gone. Its time to clear out these type of guys. Hudon and McCarron should be next. We've seen enough to know they both bring very little to the table.

Janne Niinimaa

"Character"
Sep 28, 2017
Montreal

- Ghetto
- Beaulieu
- Galchenyuk
- DLR
- Scherbak

Next guy will be Hudon. I know he thinks he deserves more but his priories are messed up. He's not suited for the 4th line so crack our top 9 and produce or shut up! Know your role and if your not producing, we don't need another smurf in our line-up.
I think Galchenyuk and De La Rose are doing well with their current teams. Arizona is one of the worst teams in the league and Galchenyuk is at about a 50 point pace and has been injured. De La Rose is on Detroit's 3rd line and has been decent when I've seen.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
No thanks for me he can stay with LA

I don't even want him in Laval honestly. He's gone and it's a good news

We 100% need him in Laval. He'd be a great help in the top 6 to compensate the fact that Agostino took his NHL spot. Let him go after this year if you want to, but Laval needs offensive talent and he can provide that.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
I think Galchenyuk and De La Rose are doing well with their current teams. Arizona is one of the worst teams in the league and Galchenyuk is at about a 50 point pace and has been injured. De La Rose is on Detroit's 3rd line and has been decent when I've seen.

DLR is what he is, just not needed in MTL.

Galchenyuk is a lazy 40/50 point 3rd overall bust.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

I agree, they are doing well. But we moved on from them and do we miss them?

Galchenyuk can't seem to put a full season together. Until he does, he is who he is. Inconsistent and he is not committed to a 200' game.

I was high on DLR. Thought he had 3C potential or 4C worse case. Big body that can skate and is aggressive on the puck. Chaput was acquired for free and can do the same. In order for the Habs to lose on putting him on waivers, he needs to turn into a very good #3C. Possible and it's early yet. I still have hope with DLR and I was annoyed we lost him for nothing vs Ghetto or Scherbak.

Last edited:

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan

- Ghetto
- Beaulieu
- Galchenyuk
- DLR
- Scherbak

Next guy will be Hudon. I know he thinks he deserves more but his priories are messed up. He's not suited for the 4th line so crack our top 9 and produce or shut up! Know your role and if your not producing, we don't need another smurf in our line-up.
Beside Galchenyuk, all of them were 'developped' under Sly... Talk about sabotaging your players. I wouldn't applaud them for being right on players that they didn't give the best chance in terms of opportunity. We can't praise Timmins for him being such a great scout and then have posts like these that say these former first round picks did not pan out and the team was 'right' on them. I would actually be proud IF the team pulled the trigger on these players while their value was still high. We traded Ghetto for Martinsen, we traded Beaulieu for a 3rd round pick, we lost DLR and Scherbak for nothing. Only Galchenyuk (who still has a 30 goal season under his belt, let's not forget) didn't go sour. Imagine if we had a savvy management who dealt these players when their value was at their highest?!

Janne Niinimaa

"Character"
Sep 28, 2017
Montreal
I agree, they are doing well. But we moved on from them and do we miss them?
I think Galchenyuk for Domi was a needed change of scenery trade for both team.

I may be in the minority, but I still would have liked De La Rose as a longterm, cheap bottom 6 forward. But at the end of the day, 4th liners are replaceable.

Reactions: Fixxer

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Glad he is gone. Its time to clear out these type of guys. Hudon and McCarron should be next. We've seen enough to know they both bring very little to the table.
Lol. Let's clear out McCarron before we even see the progress he's made under an actual competent coach in the AHL! Marvelous!

Reactions: Runner77

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Lol. Let's clear out McCarron before we even see the progress he's made under an actual competent coach in the AHL! Marvelous!

We seen what he can do - not much. So yes, move him to make room to develop others. There comes a time when you a player moves from a prospect to what he actually is. In McCarron's case, an AHLer.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
We seen what he can do - not much. So yes, move him to make room to develop others. There comes a time when you a player moves from a prospect to what he actually is. In McCarron's case, an AHLer.
What player is McCarron currently stealing ice time from down in the minors? Pezzetta? There's a hole on the 4th line RW spot and I wouldn't mind if they eventually give Mac one final shot there.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Renaud Lavoie was right about the guy, when he was asked by Luc Robitaille what to expect. Imagine that, even Lavoie got it right. :D

hey Runner....read what I SAID Dec 2nd....:)

CLICK HERE>>>Nikita Scherbak - Claimed by LA
Habaneros post Dec 2 2018

I predicted Sekac wouldnt be in NHL 2 year after the trade...and he wasnt.,..

My prediction on Sherby for LA....his nickname is goona be IR...(injhury reserve)...and he gets waived again...

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77

Jul 6, 2016

Or it could be because the guy has "finally" understands that he should work on his skating and overall shape.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
I was spot on with Sherby when some was freakin out......
He went to LA ..went on Injury Reserve...and now he gets waived.....

Not bad tho..month in Cali with NHL pay check....now what...hmmm..lol

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Or it could be because the guy has "finally" understands that he should work on his skating and overall shape.
Haven't we gone over this as recently as this week? Mac was working on his shape and skating in 2016... I mean you can say that Mac is a lot of talk and he says this every year (Oh I am working out much better than before; Mitchell showed me how to properly train) but the facts are there, he knows his weaknesses, I'll blame the neanderthal coach who has never been good than a player like Mac who is ''suddenly'' having a resurgence in the AHL.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I think Galchenyuk for Domi was a needed change of scenery trade for both team.

I may be in the minority, but I still would have liked De La Rose as a longterm, cheap bottom 6 forward. But at the end of the day, 4th liners are replaceable.

1) I thought we lost the Galchenyuk/Domi swap in the summer. I was worried about Domi's goal scoring ability. That has been addressed. I still think Galchenyuk is a good NHL player but he is offensive minded and his ability to be a pt/game player is limited cause his skating is average. He is who he is at this stage. Fast forward to today and I value Domi's overall game more.

2) I was just as high on DLR as any other. I still am. Habs lack big bodies that can skate and DLR fit. He will never produce a lot offensively but he can be a future #3C. What bothers me most about losing him was we didn't showcase him and get something in return. I know I will get jumped for saying this but I would of no had Kotkaniemi play on our roster as an 18 year old. Not because I don't believe in him but because I wanted smarter asset management. He's not one year closer to UFA and I wanted another top 10 pick in the next draft. Having Kotkaniemi play in our top 3C mix only helps us even more with our middle of the pack strategy. If Kotkaniemi played AHL or Finland, we should of showcased DLR to see what we really had with him in a full season. Imagine another top 10 pick and we are able to flip DLR next year for a 2nd or 3rd or something?

Reactions: LaP

Janne Niinimaa

"Character"
Sep 28, 2017
Montreal
1) I thought we lost the Galchenyuk/Domi swap in the summer. I was worried about Domi's goal scoring ability. That has been addressed. I still think Galchenyuk is a good NHL player but he is offensive minded and his ability to be a pt/game player is limited cause his skating is average. He is who he is at this stage. Fast forward to today and I value Domi's overall game more.

2) I was just as high on DLR as any other. I still am. Habs lack big bodies that can skate and DLR fit. He will never produce a lot offensively but he can be a future #3C. What bothers me most about losing him was we didn't showcase him and get something in return. I know I will get jumped for saying this but I would of no had Kotkaniemi play on our roster as an 18 year old. Not because I don't believe in him but because I wanted smarter asset management. He's not one year closer to UFA and I wanted another top 10 pick in the next draft. Having Kotkaniemi play in our top 3C mix only helps us even more with our middle of the pack strategy. If Kotkaniemi played AHL or Finland, we should of showcased DLR to see what we really had with him in a full season. Imagine another top 10 pick and we are able to flip DLR next year for a 2nd or 3rd or something?
I don't disagree with anything here. I'm going to wait to see more of Domi after his hot start before saying we really won the trade for sure but he does play the game the way this team wants, even if were missing more high end skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad