Former Ducks 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Daniel Sprong with 2 goals. He has 9+7 in 35 games. 20+ goal pace in a full season playing in bottom 6 role. Would be nice to have that kind of depth player...

He's really not producing much in a depth role, a good chunk of it has come when he's a fill in like he was the other night. If they're fully healthy I'm not even sure he cracks the lineup anymore.

Reactions: 70sSanO
Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
The Hakanpaa story is pretty amazing. He’s probably not playing if Manson didn’t get hurt and Anaheim gave him the opportunity.

Good for the the big man at his age to take advantage of it, and now with Carolina, and become more than a journeyman D that floats between the NHL and the AHL, or Europe.

He has become a fan favorite.

John
Yeah, I think I was unreasonably sad to see him go and now I'm unreasonably happy for him and wish he will re-sign with Carolina. I think it's a great story. I still remember how he was pretty much completely written off after getting fooled by Thornton. And then he became one of the few bright spots in this team and now he gets to chase a cup with his buddies. Don't really get to watch him anymore but when I see him, he's got a bright smile on his face. You can see he's loving it. Smiles are pretty hard to come by with this team...

Reactions: JabbaJabba

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
In other news, Emerson Etem has bought out former local junior team "Ontario Avalanche" now "Anaheim Avalanche" and will be moving them to Lakewood Ice and be re-named "Long Beach Shredders." Pretty cool, he's from Long Beach and now gets to own AND coach a team here, I have heard he has had tremendous success coaching youth.

EMERSON ETEM (@etemerson) • Instagram photos and videos

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
In other news, Emerson Etem has bought out former local junior team "Ontario Avalanche" now "Anaheim Avalanche" and will be moving them to Lakewood Ice and be re-named "Long Beach Shredders." Pretty cool, he's from Long Beach and now gets to own AND coach a team here, I have heard he has had tremendous success coaching youth.

EMERSON ETEM (@etemerson) • Instagram photos and videos
He was always a stand-up guy and from all sources very kind. I hope he finds success in this new role within the game.

And also f*** raffi torres.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Does he still roller skate to LA and back?

In all seriousness, thats cool for Etem and that he's giving back to the local hockey scene. Still crazy to me he's already retired from playing at 28.

DigiDuck

More covfefe please.
Jan 11, 2019
Burbank
NBC game touched on it - Nick Ritchie won an award voted on by Bruins fans for exceeding their expectations. Good for Nick.

Screen Shot 2021-05-08 at 7.53.47 PM.png

Reactions: Goose of Reason

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
I think all the trade proved is that if you play with better players you will do better. Ritchie did better, Heinen did worse. The success is in the team and team structure.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
ritchie would've been his usual self playing on this current ducks team. he's benefited a ton from playing with bergeron, marchand, and pastrnak

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Sure, but we still got hosed. Ritchie is far superior to Heinen.
i wouldn't say far superior

heinen was in and out of the lineup all season and playing with crap linemates. not exactly a recipe for success

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
i wouldn't say far superior

heinen was in and out of the lineup all season and playing with crap linemates. not exactly a recipe for success
In and out of the lineup on a team with this talent level isn't an endorsement. Ritchie has been a regular contributor for an excellent team. Heinen has been an afterthought for a bad one.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
In and out of the lineup on a team with this talent level isn't an endorsement. Ritchie has been a regular contributor for an excellent team. Heinen has been an afterthought for a bad one.
wouldn't put that all on him. backes was solid in most of the games he played in and eakins still had him up in the press box every night in favor of grant who he had outplayed

half of ritchie's goals have come on the PP playing with the guys i mentioned before. he's had a good season but it's not like they dealt a 30 goal scorer away for heinen. if heinen had better linemates and regular playing time, he would've likely put up the same numbers as ritchie

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Production could be the same, but Richie plays physical and Heinen is soft.

They are both passengers or complimentary linemates. Richie is more valuable due to his size and physical play.

Reactions: Mr Rogers

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
It's sort of a weird criticism that Ritchie just scores his goals on the powerplay, because God damn do we ever need someone that can score goals on the powerplay.

Reactions: McDonald19
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad