Former Ducks 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigiDuck

More covfefe please.
Jan 11, 2019
Burbank
"This team needs to score more goals!" - BM

"Guys who can actually score goals are too expensive so I'm going to bargain bin hunt for lesser goal scorers and force them to play a safe two-way game before allowing them to play their game that scores goals. If they fail the situations they're put in to fail they get traded!" - Also BM (probably)

Yeah I remember the season after we traded him we decided to split Getzlaf and Perry for good and roll three scoring lines and remember thinking it would work a lot better if we didn't have Chris Stewart as our first line RW and instead someone like Palms who could score at a legitimate top 6 rate.

Plenty still defend the trade though.
It's even worse looking back now because the org KNEW Perry's knees were shot after those playoffs in 15. Had he had offseason surgery, Palmieri could've been given an actual shot to begin the next season in the top 6. Maybe they wouldn't have set an offensive futility mark to begin the season.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Always liked him. Thought he along with Ryan Carter and Mike Brown were really underrated depth guys for us.
mike brown. now there's a name i haven't heard in years

still remember his hit that left hudler bloodied in that 09 series. probably would've cost him a couple games today

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
mike brown. now there's a name i haven't heard in years

still remember his hit that left hudler bloodied in that 09 series. probably would've cost him a couple games today
I remember Hudler getting thrashed by various Ducks in that series lol, he was so soft like some other RedWings players who refused to play physical at all.... back when the Refs were afraid to call Detroit for a penalty and would give Ducks penalty for just giving a mean face at Datsyuk or Zetterberg. I hated those overly disciplined soft RedWings so much, constantly on the PP vs the Ducks.

After that 09 series Hudler went to the KHL for a year or two because he was way too soft lol

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I remember Hudler getting thrashed by various Ducks in that series lol, he was so soft like some other RedWings players who refused to play physical at all.... back when the Refs were afraid to call Detroit for a penalty and would give Ducks penalty for just giving a mean face at Datsyuk or Zetterberg. I hated those overly disciplined soft RedWings so much, constantly on the PP vs the Ducks.

After that 09 series Hudler went to the KHL for a year or two because he was way too soft lol
Yeah Refs were awful in that 2009 series. It was infuriating.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
And of course it culminated with a series winning goal when Cleary so obviously pushed Hiller's pad.
They were favoured big time in 07 as well iirc. Just that the Ducks were such a great team. I think the Ducks win in 09 as well if Detroit wasn’t being handed PPs every 5 mins. Also they were constantly hooking, holding interfering, but never any calls against

DigiDuck

More covfefe please.
Jan 11, 2019
Burbank
They were favoured big time in 07 as well iirc. Just that the Ducks were such a great team. I think the Ducks win in 09 as well if Detroit wasn’t being handed PPs every 5 mins. Also they were constantly hooking, holding interfering, but never any calls against
Yeah, 07 was much the same, the Ducks were just better. The 09 team had Andrew freaking Ebbett as the 2C and Erik Christensen in the lineup. Still was a hard fought series. Ducks were the lightning in a bottle team. Wings had better depth, among other advantages.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Yeah, 07 was much the same, the Ducks were just better. The 09 team had Andrew freaking Ebbett as the 2C and Erik Christensen in the lineup. Still was a hard fought series. Ducks were the lightning in a bottle team. Wings had better depth, among other advantages.
Detroit also added Rafalski to their Dcore in 08. Losing McDonald hurt the Ducks alot. Bobby Ryan offset losing Kunitz in terms of goals for.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
that 09 team probably makes it to the SCF if they had won game 7 against detroit, despite the shortcomings in the lineup

they got hot at the perfect time

DigiDuck

More covfefe please.
Jan 11, 2019
Burbank
Poor Ondrej. He's going to be back in Europe in a couple years if he can't find a way to stay healthy.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Or he could just go play in Europe. The game is more wide open over there

Injuries happen in European league all the time though. Considering how many injuries Kase has had in his career and that he seems to be made out of glass, it probably would be better for him to stop playing hockey altogether.

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
Playing hockey is really all that Kase has done. It has to be very hard to even think of leaving the game at this point. My guess is that he will play somewhere until he finally recognizes that it is all over for him.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
I mean, if hes smart with his money what hes earned already should be plenty to live off. He'll have earned over 150k a year over a 50 year career based on his last contract. I feel like most people can live in that.

Reactions: AngelDuck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad