Former Ducks 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
seeing him wear #54 brings back some good memories. he was so much fun to watch when he first came up
If i recall it didn't take long for him to get his first hat trick.
My favorites were his goals in the 09 playoffs when the Ducks were the underdogs with the 8th seed & he helped sink the presidents trophy Sharks.
That was the beginning of Mclellans history of teams that choke.

bracer028

Apr 18, 2018
yeah bailing on Kase when we did was the right call (though I still think we should have got more for taking Backes).

I hope Ritchie works out. Be warned though; he’s started off hot a few times than just falls back into that inconsistent, bad penalty driven player. Rooting for him though.
His penalties are a result of his low iq

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
If i recall it didn't take long for him to get his first hat trick.
My favorites were his goals in the 09 playoffs when the Ducks were the underdogs with the 8th seed & he helped sink the presidents trophy Sharks.
That was the beginning of Mclellans history of teams that choke.
his 3rd goal is still one of the coolest i've ever seen

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
In hindsight if the Ducks had traded Rakell at the 2020 draft they could have signed Bobby and put him with Getzlaf.
This time he'd have the RW role on Getzlaf's line all to himself without Perry.

GermanRocket7

Fire Newell Brown yesteryear!
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
I'd be all for giving Ryan a contract next season if it's still below 2.5-3.0M AAV. Guy definitely knows how to put pucks IN the net, contrary to 90% of our line-up.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Perry was outstanding for the Habs. Almost looked like vintage Perry some shifts.

On an unrelated note Quinn Hughes is an absolute train wreck this season.

Reactions: Doothpick

Magnus the Duck

Nov 7, 2014
Sweden
Perry was outstanding for the Habs. Almost looked like vintage Perry some shifts.

On an unrelated note Quinn Hughes is an absolute train wreck this season.
Good to hear about Perry. Only watched the summary.

Also, you mean Canucks are a train wreck this season. Must be because they are not playing Loui Eriksson. He was the scapegoat that held the team together.

Reactions: Paul4587

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Do you guys remember Nicolas Deschamps? Ducks took him 35th overall in 2008. Never played a game for Anaheim though. Just randomly noticed that he's currently leading the top league in France in points with 18 points in 11 games. This is the fourth year for Nicolas in that league. That's the longest he has been with a team in the last decade. Last year he finished 10th in scoring. Good for him for finding a place where he can succeed.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Ritchie has 5 points in 5 games, has anyone seen him play yet? What has he done to improve his game?
Well for one thing, he has received the net front position on the top PP unit. And from what I’ve seen, he’s done a good job there disrupting things and tipping pucks. At even strength he has looked slightly more dangerous than he had looked previously, but he is definitely benefiting from that PP time.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Ritchie has 5 points in 5 games, has anyone seen him play yet? What has he done to improve his game?

Mostly opportunity. With Pasta out they had a spot on the top PP unit and he’s made himself at home in front of the net there (he was always really good at that role here but never received much opportunity there). He does look slightly quicker and is more engaged at ES. Doubt he keeps up a PPG pace but he should put up decent numbers if he keeps his work rate up.

Reactions: Deuce22

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Ritchie has another goal tonight ... maybe our team just doesn’t know how to work with forwards... Ritchie looks a million times better this year with Boston than he ever did here

watch him become that 30 goal 60 point power forward we dreamed of

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Ritchie has another goal tonight ... maybe our team just doesn’t know how to work with forwards... Ritchie looks a million times better this year with Boston than he ever did here

watch him become that 30 goal 60 point power forward we dreamed of

He's had 10 game stretches where he looks engaged, not sure production wise if it's similar. The thing with him has always been consistently.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
He's had 10 game stretches where he looks engaged, not sure production wise if it's similar. The thing with him has always been consistently.
To be fair to Ritchie, I read an interview with Their coach and apparently they talked to him after last season and told him how they do things and what they wanted and he came back ready and engaged.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
To be fair to Ritchie, I read an interview with Their coach and apparently they talked to him after last season and told him how they do things and what they wanted and he came back ready and engaged.

Maybe I'm just overly skeptical, but didn't he have a very similar offseason where he was serious in the off season and came back to camp in great shape/noticeably faster? Good on him if he can keep it up.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Maybe I'm just overly skeptical, but didn't he have a very similar offseason where he was serious in the off season and came back to camp in great shape/noticeably faster? Good on him if he can keep it up.
Probably. The article made it sound like the team wanted him to do some things differently and he did as he was asked :/

Reactions: Sean Garrity
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad