Former Ducks, 2019-20

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
one of the best decisions murray ever made was letting him go
Leading into Beleskey's contract season with Anaheim he spent the offseason working on his 'shot' which lead to his breakout season that earned him a payday from Boston, just like how Fowler got his 7 year contract after working on his 'shot'.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

rlstine

Jun 14, 2017

It's definitely possible that under different circumstances he never goes to that tournament and his cancer never gets detected. Bob bungling the expansion draft might have saved Theodore's life (that's how I'm going to choose to view the expansion draft from now on).

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
It's definitely possible that under different circumstances he never goes to that tournament and his cancer never gets detected. Bob bungling the expansion draft might have saved Theodore's life (that's how I'm going to choose to view the expansion draft from now on).
We wouldn't be in the playoffs and he could go and play for the national team

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Leading into Beleskey's contract season with Anaheim he spent the offseason working on his 'shot' which lead to his breakout season that earned him a payday from Boston, just like how Fowler got his 7 year contract after working on his 'shot'.

Belekseys issues were injury related, he arguably had a better year his first year with the Bruins but then had major issues with all sorts of injuries.

He also always had a bullet of a shot, he did work on his skill that offseason but I think him breaking out was more everything clicking for him and him fitting like a glove on the Kesler line than anything else.

Reactions: Dr Johnny Fever

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Interesting. He really seemed to be improving last year. Weird that he was in Sabres training camp and not ours (if I understood correct)
Nah he went to their developmental camp earlier this summer.

Magnus the Duck

Nov 7, 2014
Sweden
Rather than making a new thread, I understand Després was bought out in Anaheim years ago due to the concussion issues he was having. Hasn’t anyone seen his game since leaving to play in Europe?

He had great top-4 potential until the concussion ruined it.

In the first SHL game Simon Deprés got a match penalty for headbutting another player. This was very late in the game with the score 4-4. Which the opposing team took advantage of in the overtime and scored on the PP and won. I didn't watch the game, so I cannot say how he played but apparently the coach was less than pleased with the penalty.

Article in Swedish.
Fick matchstraff för ’headbutting’

Boink!
raJzC8C.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: gunnergunther

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
In the first SHL game Simon Deprés got a match penalty for headbutting another player. This was very late in the game with the score 4-4. Which the opposing team took advantage of in the overtime and scored on the PP and won. I didn't watch the game, so I cannot say how he played but apparently the coach was less than pleased with the penalty.

Article in Swedish.
Fick matchstraff för ’headbutting’

Boink!
raJzC8C.jpg

Prob not the smartest move to use your head as a weapon when you have concussion history

Reactions: Kalv

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad