Former Ducks, 2019-20

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
No. Softer. What do expect from someone that was traded out of the blue? Is he supposed to be happy? The dude was having lunch with Perry in the off-season and his mom called to tell him he was traded. He didn’t even find out from the team. And he posts a video that a woman clearly filmed of his dog on a Ducks jersey. Big ****in’ deal. I’ve seen people claim the dog **** on it. That’s not the case. Even if it did, oh well. He was loyal to the team until they traded him.

This is professional sports. Teams don’t give a **** about the players. See Perry, Maroon, or anyone else sent packing. These players didn’t demand trades or release.

I mean, if you want to normalize ex-players having their dogs drag their asses on their former teams jerseys, that says more about you than me.

GeraldDucksworth

Sep 29, 2018
I mean, if you want to normalize ex-players having their dogs drag their asses on their former teams jerseys, that says more about you than me.
We’re talking about this video:

Correct? A video posted on a dog’s Instagram and clearly filmed by a female laughing. An account that is also clearly not run by Pat Maroon. But yes, let’s hold a grudge over some dumb bullshit he didn’t do. You can now be arrested for any crime your loved ones commit.

Reactions: AngelDuck and Kalv

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
We’re talking about this video:

Correct? A video posted on a dog’s Instagram and clearly filmed by a female laughing. An account that is also clearly not run by Pat Maroon. But yes, let’s hold a grudge over some dumb bull**** he didn’t do. You can now be arrested for any crime your loved ones commit.

Oh I forgot dogs can run their own instagram accounts. I guess the dog was the mastermind this whole time.

Also way to make a huge leap in logic from not liking a player who is accepting of dumbshit on their behalf and arresting someone. You're clearly a brilliant person.

Reactions: ohcomeonref

GeraldDucksworth

Sep 29, 2018
Oh I forgot dogs can run their own instagram accounts. I guess the dog was the mastermind this whole time.

Also way to make a huge leap in logic from not liking a player who is accepting of dumb**** on their behalf and arresting someone. You're clearly a brilliant person.
His fiancee clearly runs the account. That’s why there are so many pictures of him sleeping, playing basketball/hockey with his son, etc. Do you really believe an NHL player sounds like a woman and is filming stupid bullshit for Instagram on game day? My comparison makes as much sense as holding a grudge against Maroon for something he didn’t do. Shitty logic deserves shitty logic.

Also, do you control what your gf posts on social media, says in real life, etc? My partner says and does whatever she wants. And I do the same. We definitely don’t give a shit about what the other does on social media.

Last edited:

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
maroon got demoted to the 4th line and practically gave up before he got traded. he wasn't even trying anymore

then he had the nerve to talk smack on the ducks on more than one occasion even though the reason he was dealt was 100% his own doing. so yeah like i said, **** him

DigiDuck

More covfefe please.
Jan 11, 2019
Burbank
I never realized how much we are asking of professional athletes to remain professional. Especially when they put themselves in the doghouse, pouted about it, then got themselves traded to a bottom feeder.

Even if the gf/fiancee did it, you dont think his attitude caused her to, and that he didn't approve of it?

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
The more you obsess about Maroon the more power you give him over you. He is just another player that did not work out here. If you want to hold some resentment, take some pleasure from the fact that his salary keeps going down and down. Perhaps rather than spending the year in St. Louis he should have taken on of those alleged multi year contracts at a higher salary. If the contract offer existed he is losing a considerable sum of money.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
I also don't get the obsession over Maroon, but this frivolous conversation needs to end now regardless of what side you're on. If you feel the need to continue, just take it to the private messages, please.

GeraldDucksworth

Sep 29, 2018
The more you obsess about Maroon the more power you give him over you. He is just another player that did not work out here. If you want to hold some resentment, take some pleasure from the fact that his salary keeps going down and down. Perhaps rather than spending the year in St. Louis he should have taken on of those alleged multi year contracts at a higher salary. If the contract offer existed he is losing a considerable sum of money.

Must suck to hoist the Cup for your hometown team. It seems that discount rewarded him handsomely. While he hasn’t had a huge payday, being in your early-30s with $13,000,000+ career earnings can’t be bad.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Lovejoy should have a career in broadcasting if he wants it. Seems like a really smart and articulate guy who’s passionate about the game.
He should guest star on 'The Simpsons' as a nephew of Reverend Lovejoy.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I didn’t even realize he was turning 36 in February. Thought he was closer to early 30s.
80s kids are getting old, all will be in their 30s by end of 2019. I hope the team is a contender again before i turn 40 in 2025

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Yeah I guess Sid the kid isn’t a kid anymore. Which means I’m not either haha. I hate growing up.
Yeah the same. Kinda funny how i had a similar hairstyle as Getzlaf before he went bald & i went bald too and now just shave it off like he does.
There is like no Gen X players left in the league except for Jumbo & Marleau i think (1979 & earlier births)

Reactions: Paul4587

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad