Former Ducks, 2019-20

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Gudbranson named alternative captain for the Sens. Well deserved, good to see him with his home team in this role. Feels like it should be exciting for him.
I really appreciate his stint with us

People really like to shit on him and his contract on HFBoards but truth is his contract is far from the worst.

Reactions: pbgoalie and Kalv

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
I was actually a bit sad to se Guds go. I think we could have still used him but we needed the cap space.

Yes, if it wasn't for the contract and Ducks' current cap situation, Gudbranson would have stayed. The defence would have definitely been better with him on it, though not a great defence for sure.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Gudbranson named alternative captain for the Sens. Well deserved, good to see him with his home team in this role. Feels like it should be exciting for him.
I really appreciate his stint with us

Good for him, I didn't realize that it was his hometown team. Perhaps (and hopefully) Murray just did him a solid because he's not the difference between making the playoffs or not, but that boost in Murray's reputation could be valuable (similar to how Burke was known for being a player's GM).

People really like to shit on him and his contract on HFBoards but truth is his contract is far from the worst.

I was actually a bit sad to se Guds go. I think we could have still used him but we needed the cap space.

Yes, if it wasn't for the contract and Ducks' current cap situation, Gudbranson would have stayed. The defence would have definitely been better with him on it, though not a great defence for sure.

He did and played within his role, he was much better and I'd argue very good with his stint with the Ducks. I hope Ottawa deploys him in a similar fashion and he's equally as successful there.

Reactions: JabbaJabba

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Vatanen re-ups with the Devils, 1-year and $2 million.

Wonder if that actually sparks some trade action around the league? Lots of folks looking for D, Seattle expansion coming up, the top FA (and backup plan for many) is now off the market...

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
What a deal for the Devils.

GermanRocket7

Fire Newell Brown yesteryear!
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf
I don't know if it has been posted yet, but Emerson Etem allegedly retired from hockey altogether. His Eliteprospects profile lists him as retired.

What a waste of talent...

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
This was posted on NHL.com last summer. Etem confirmed himself that the problem for him was the Torres knee-on-knee incident in 2013, says he never fully recovered from that.

FWIW, Eliteprospects lists him as GM/Head coach of Missoula Junior Bruins, in NA3HL.

All the best for your coaching career, Etem.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
thought etem would reach his potential after his strong performance in the 2013 playoffs

that awesome goal against the jets aside, he never did anything afterwards. speed can only get you so far

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
The Avs have placed Kiefer Sherwood on waivers, per the waiver report. He played 60 career games with Anaheim the past two seasons.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Sprong sighting

Still think that Sprong has what it takes to become a really good NHL player. Time is running out for him though, he needs to start making good on the opportunities he's been given.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00