Former Ducks, 2019-20

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
ain't gonna lie, I teared up a few times tonight... Once for Pears, Another for Cogs, and lastly for the refs.

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
I love both of these players and I'm glad for all the years I got to cheer them play for my favorite team. Thank you Corey and Andrew and the best of luck for both of you!

Reactions: duxfan1101

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
^ Hell of a story. Good to hear that Nate's on a better path now.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Tkachuk is a dirtbag who deserved the beating he got. He’s an example of one of the rats that is running around knowing that for the most parts he’s going to be protected by the refs and in the occasions where he takes a well deserved beating his team will get a PP out of it.

Unfortunately for Kassian he looks incredibly dumb as he not only cost his team a valuable two points against a rival they’re competing with for a playoff spot but he’s also going to get suspended.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
Tkachuk is awesome when he throws clean, hard hits and annoys people, not when he breaks the code and pulls downright dangerous crap like he did with Kassian on his second hit. Kassian deserves to get severely punished for hulking out on Tkachuk in the aftermath, but Selänne is definitely right in calling what happened out.

Reactions: Paul4587

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Ehh it's mostly just trying to justify what Kassian did or even just the general idea that you have to fight if you're gonna a lay big hits(which is nonsense IMO).

Tkachuk is awesome, kind wish Jones emulated him a bit more.

Jones isn't tough enough to play like Tkachuk even though hes got the skating and bigger size. Not sure if Tkachuk is just that much better with leverage on his hits, but Jones reaches too much and gets reversed hit alot just like Comtois. Heck I still remember small guys like Jokiharju reverse hitting these guys. They both need to train with the Tkchuk family to learn to train, hit, and fight to play like a big boy.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
It's funny, I always thought Megna and Pettersson both were solid average D-Man when they were here. When the Sprong trade happened, I didn't think anything of it initially. It seems like Marcus is really thriving in the Penguins system.
Pettersson yes. Megna was and still is terrible.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Add it to the long list of trades BM has lost to the Penguins. Someone needs to approve his trades with them since its likely going to be lopsided.

I think it's a bit too early to call BM as the loser of this trade. Yes at the moment Pettersson is the better player but Sprong has looked better than ever and he certainly has potential to be an effective top 6 forward.

Also, I had to check into the trade history between Anaheim and Pittsburgh when BM has been in charge and I don't see many lopsided deals.

Kunitz and Tangradi for Whitney - Kunitz was probably the best player in this deal but his numbers were inflated by playing with Crosby for so long while Whitney was useful but not great
Rights to Modig for 2010 6th round pick (Lind) - Whatever trade for both sides
2014 5th round pick for Lovejoy - Lovejoy became a great partner for Fowler
Zolnierczyk for Alex Grant - Whatever trade
Lovejoy for Despres - Despres became great until the injury but was definitely better than Lovejoy
Hagelin for Perron and Clendening - Great trade for Anaheim getting rid of Hagelin and his contract and acquiring Perron
Pettersson for Sprong - As I said, not looking great now but time will tell
Blandisi for Derek Grant - Grant is great
Martinsen and 2021 7th round pick for Gudbranson - Gudbranson has been solid addition and not much was lost for him

Honestly, I would say that BM has done well in these trades. If Despres hadn't gotten injured, that trade would have been a robbery. So unless I missed some trades I don't think there's a long list of trades that BM has lost to Pittsburgh.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
I think that Kunitz trade is much worse than you think. Kunitz is a player that you need in the playoffs... a wolverine type who can score, hit, forecheck, and skate well. Whitney was never really good, not elite offensively or defensively and he was always a big softy. Losing Kunitz was a big reason for our decline the following years.

Lovejoy was also a better veteran over Despres. Despres only had a few good games that made people think he was gonna be really good but he got trapped all the time on heavy forechecks because he was really bad at pivoting. He also had a powder puff point shot and made alot of Guhle-like turnovers. He had so many mental lapses even before his injuries.

The only trade I do admit that that work out for us was for Perron. He was a great fit and he showed that his lack of speed was offset by his tenacity, hands, and puck possession when he won the cup with the Blues. The bad part was how BM traded Palmieri for the 2nd round pick to acquire Hagelin in the first place... Palmieri would have been a great player to have right now on our horrible power play.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00