Former Ducks, 2019-20

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
Any idea what the bonuses are for?

$3M for a third liner these days is about right though.
From Cap Friendly: P. BONUS DETAILS: Games Played Bonus: $250,000 at each of the following levels (10, 20, 30, 40, 50 gms) + Playoff Qualification Bonus: $250,000 (club qualifies for playoffs & player played in 50 reg season gms) + Playoff Bonus: $100,000 (club wins 3 RDs & player played in 50% of playoff gms) + Stanley Cup Bonus: $150,000 (club wins the Stanley Cup & player played in 50% of playoff gms)

Reactions: Paul4587

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Perry can't shoot anymore and teams are probably defending against him passing the puck instead of thinking he'll shoot it.
Defensively other teams can just skate around Perry.

From your constant posts criticising Perry I get the feeling you haven’t watched him at all this season..

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
On Kesler and Bieksa’s podcast from today, Bieksa talked about the expansion draft and this is what he said:
- Murray asked Bieksa in April if he was willing to waive his NMC so they could protect younger guys. He let Bieksa have time to think about it.
- Getting closer to the draft, Bieksa said he would agree to waive if he was given a 1 year extension. Murray said he’d think about it.
- Soon after, Murray told Bieksa that he didn’t need to waive anymore because he has a trade in place.

Then Bieksa talks about who they had to protect and he got confused about who needed to be protected.

Reactions: Tiny Biggs

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
On Kesler and Bieksa’s podcast from today, Bieksa talked about the expansion draft and this is what he said:
- Murray asked Bieksa in April if he was willing to waive his NMC so they could protect younger guys. He let Bieksa have time to think about it.
- Getting closer to the draft, Bieksa said he would agree to waive if he was given a 1 year extension. Murray said he’d think about it.
- Soon after, Murray told Bieksa that he didn’t need to waive anymore because he has a trade in place.

Then Bieksa talks about who they had to protect and he got confused about who needed to be protected.
If this is true, it would have been worth carrying Bieksa for a year and scratching him every night to retain Theodore.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Bieksa tried to claim the Ducks did what they did because they decided to give up on Theo while also dumping Stoner. I also seem to recall rumors at the time saying Bieksa asked for a 2 year extension. It wouldn't surprise me that he is rewriting history now to make himself look better. Wouldn't be the first time somebody famous did that.

DigiDuck

More covfefe please.
Jan 11, 2019
Burbank
Interesting to speculate what kind of money he would've asked for on that extension, regardless of term. Wouldn't be surprised if he still thought he'd be worth 3.5-4 while BM most likely would've gone under 2.5.

Either way though, screw Bieksa if he had to think about that. What's to think about when you're a negative value asset thatno one wants included in a trade? Unless he was more concerned about being sent down.

Reactions: Arthuros

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
So, not that I buy 100% of Bieksa story

But Murray could very easily said we want you to waive or we buy you out right??

PRetty simple if you watched him play to see he was overpaid while here, and no one wanted him after.

I still feel like we managed the expansion draft terribly. Should have bought ou that clown and if we could have found a suitor for Vats before we lose little or nothing. Sounds simple I know but we didn’t get the worst beating in the draft , but probably hurt our team more than most anyone

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
So, not that I buy 100% of Bieksa story

But Murray could very easily said we want you to waive or we buy you out right??

PRetty simple if you watched him play to see he was overpaid while here, and no one wanted him after.

I still feel like we managed the expansion draft terribly. Should have bought ou that clown and if we could have found a suitor for Vats before we lose little or nothing. Sounds simple I know but we didn’t get the worst beating in the draft , but probably hurt our team more than most anyone

There was some debate at the time whether he could be bought out and after that you're asking if the Samueli's were willing to spend nearly $3 million to make him go away.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
There was some debate at the time whether he could be bought out and after that you're asking if the Samueli's were willing to spend nearly $3 million to make him go away.
I know. It was rumored that the Samuelis weren’t in favor of buyouts to fix mistakes, but if so, that was part of the reason we mismanaged it.

As with much, outsiders speculation!!!

Bergey37

May 19, 2019
Quite true. And none of this addresses the fact that Bob had 9 players he wanted to protect (4 of them defensemen), and only 8 slots. He HAD to make a deal with Vegas. As for trading Vats beforehand, what if his potential trade partner says "Let's wait until the season starts and see what things look like?" Bob did what he had to do without costing the team extra money in buyout or useless extension.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I can hardly wait to see what Bob learned from the last ED.

Lucky for Bob there shouldn’t be any huge decisions on who to protect. Unless one of Guhle/Mahura/Larsson magically break out in a big way in the next 15 months. Up front will be trickier but I would assume Getzy won’t sign before the draft which keeps open a spot and Henrique will be sacrificed which isn’t a bad thing.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Lucky for Bob there shouldn’t be any huge decisions on who to protect. Unless one of Guhle/Mahura/Larsson magically break out in a big way in the next 15 months. Up front will be trickier but I would assume Getzy won’t sign before the draft which keeps open a spot and Henrique will be sacrificed which isn’t a bad thing.
I have no real thoughts this early. I just wonder if he will be smart enough not to get caught with his shorts down.

Stephens made mention that the team could discuss a new contract with Getz this July 1. Even mentioned the possibility of a 3 year deal. Bob has to know better than to sign him to anything before the ED. It would be an incredibly stupid thing to do, to sign him early.

This team has a lot of decisions and evaluations to make between now and then. We need to make some good decisions and maybe even seize on someone else’s difficulties relative to the ED. It’s a lot to ask of a guy like Bob.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I have no real thoughts this early. I just wonder if he will be smart enough not to get caught with his shorts down.

Stephens made mention that the team could discuss a new contract with Getz this July 1. Even mentioned the possibility of a 3 year deal. Bob has to know better than to sign him to anything before the ED. It would be an incredibly stupid thing to do, to sign him early.

This team has a lot of decisions and evaluations to make between now and then. We need to make some good decisions and maybe even seize on someone else’s difficulties relative to the ED. It’s a lot to ask of a guy like Bob.
I`m sure Bob realizes that. In the meantime, Getz might want to feel secured thus ''pushing'' for that extension earlier. We`ll see

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Getz should not be signed until after the expansion draft because you know he'll only sign with a NMC in there.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I`m sure Bob realizes that. In the meantime, Getz might want to feel secured thus ''pushing'' for that extension earlier. We`ll see

Getz is fully on board with the rebuild and has said so himself. There's no way he would force Bob to protect him for the ED. This isn't the Kariya situation all over again.

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
For all the raving in Twitter, I was expecting Bieksa to be funnier. :dunno: Maybe I just don't get it.

Anyhow, Cogliano is set to play his 1000th NHL game tonight!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->