FORMER Canucks Part |||

Who's situation in leaving the Canucks (Ufa, trade) makes Benning look the most foolish?

• Total voters

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
fans don't understand the extent to which players public personas are carefully managed. the truth is we know almost nothing about willie mitchell (or any other player) as a person other than what pr professionals want us to know

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Mitchell is a celebrity in Tofino. He essentially runs the resort part time. The allegations are about him directly. No official confirmation of charges so news outlets are weary of getting sued. He had an "interaction with a staff member" which led to the entire resort staff walking out.
Is this coming from multiple people you know in Tofino/Uclulet?

Fulham

Jan 6, 2015
Is this coming from multiple people you know in Tofino/Uclulet?
Yes. All id say is look at the reddit threads on this incident, or Tuff/Ukee Community FB pages. Nothing has been proven, and I hope everyone heals from the "incident" that both parties has acknowledged happened.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Jesus.

This isn’t a Virtanen he-said she-said situation.

If the reports are accurate and there are witnesses etc, Willie is probably going to jail for a substantial period of time.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
jesus christ

putting aside for a second the pure evil of the assault, wtf was he thinking? i mean the odds of getting away with it can’t be low enough that a reasonable evil pos would go ahead and do it right?
My guess is tons and tons of alcohol but enough cocaine to keep you on your feet and moving. Terrible combination.

May 31, 2006
jesus christ

putting aside for a second the pure evil of the assault, wtf was he thinking? i mean the odds of getting away with it can’t be low enough that a reasonable evil pos would go ahead and do it right?
Makes you think he’s done something like this before. Guy is 45 now.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
I hope my guy Hamhuis wasn’t involved

One of fav Canucks.
Given his general demeanor, it would be very surprising if he was. I'm not surprised when 95% of hockey players do this shit because they're basically professional jocks, but he seemed to be one of the few exceptions.

Last edited:
May 31, 2006
Given his general demeanor, it would be very surprising if he was. I'm not surprised when 95% of hockey players do this shit because they're basically professional jocks, but he seemed to be one of the few exceptions.
Yeah, guy is a monk. He's up there with the Sedins and Jarome Iginla on the "least likely" scale to do this. Willie was probably middle-of-the-pack.

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

Burnaby Schmo

Jan 23, 2021
Yeah, guy is a monk. He's up there with the Sedins and Jarome Iginla on the "least likely" scale to do this. Willie was probably middle-of-the-pack.
I am actually really shocked by this, Willie never struck me as that kinda person. He always seemed to affable, professional and almost Benedictine in his mannerisms. But as someone else posted, PR delivers a persona, or helps build one.

I am just so disappointed.

nucksflailtogether

Oct 15, 2017
I am actually really shocked by this, Willie never struck me as that kinda person. He always seemed to affable, professional and almost Benedictine in his mannerisms. But as someone else posted, PR delivers a persona, or helps build one.

I am just so disappointed.
He was one of my favorites. But if this is true and it looks likely, he needs to go away for a long time. Sucks for the victims, sucks for his family.

Reactions: Zippgunn

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
On the Willie Mitchell allegations - screenshots from texts or social media are not valid sources for a potentially libelous claim. There is substantial smoke in the media about this situation, so discussion can continue, but please only link to accredited media sources.

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
I'm caught up with my reading and uh, it doesn't look good for our boy Willie.
So Willie has been accused and convicted on social media it appears. The world of today.

This isn't someone making an accusation years after the fact and letting the masses judge. This is people who were present at an event reporting what they saw and heard, on top of dramatic measures taken leading to the closure of the resort, wiping of Willie's internet presence and him being unreachable despite being a very public person. It stinks to high heaven.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad