FORMER Canucks Part |||

Who's situation in leaving the Canucks (Ufa, trade) makes Benning look the most foolish?

• Total voters

KingofSurrey

Jan 15, 2020
in da hood
Dahlen with a PP assist playing on the top unit.

Dahlin wasn't good enough to play for the canucks...

Fire dim... and greener...

dumb-and-dumber.gif

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
MCcan because he’s one of the few players I don’t think would’ve flopped in the Canucks school of backwards development.

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
Team is now likely considering trading one of our best forwards for a RHD....

.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KingofSurrey

Jan 15, 2020
in da hood
I've said it a number of times already but you had to keep Tanev. Even if the deal turned sour it would have been worth it for the good years you had. He wasn't just a key figure in the room, he was the key figure in the room.

Yah like you think the OEL or the Myers deal will end well for us...
Tanev's deal would have been a bargain in comparison.

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
RHD Jalen Chatfield just played 17:35 minutes for Carolina tonight…5 hits, 2 shots, -1…not that I was a huge fan, but he’s probably just as good or better than Poolman, at a fraction of the cost.

I think there’s something to the suggestion that TGs system inhibits most defenders from playing at their best.

Reactions: Nucker101

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
It’s Tanev for me. Leader in the room, was a fit, wanted to be here. Can’t believe they dropped him, let alone the manner done.

For the youngsters it’s Forsling. I can’t believe we traded him after that breakout WJC performance for waiver fodder in Clendenning. As an undersized dman one would expect he would take some more time to develop but he had obvious skill. He was a late round pick so you would expect to have him take a bit of time.Strong IQ and puck moving abilities.

McCann would be nice, but I don’t think he would have been the player he is now without bouncing around the league first. Sort of like Grabner.

Reactions: Dab

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
RHD Jalen Chatfield just played 17:35 minutes for Carolina tonight…5 hits, 2 shots, -1…not that I was a huge fan, but he’s probably just as good or better than Poolman, at a fraction of the cost.
Good for Jalen but c’mon now, he was terrible and Poolman is absolutely better (not saying he’s good)

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
I've said it a number of times already but you had to keep Tanev. Even if the deal turned sour it would have been worth it for the good years you had. He wasn't just a key figure in the room, he was the key figure in the room.
Him and Marky were our defensive dynamic duo that Petey and Quinn could rely on on the ice as well as in the locker room.

Both of them were true mentors and our FO literally had no ducking clue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad