FORMER Canucks Part |||

Who's situation in leaving the Canucks (Ufa, trade) makes Benning look the most foolish?

• Total voters

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Flyers will potentially ice a bottom 6 that plays MacEwen Deslauriers and Roussel lol

I would want to play then every night

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Happy for Roussel, good glue guy. Takes terrible penalties though...

If only Roussel didn't suffer that knee injury. He was playing very well for us. If he has any gas left he should be a good fit in Philly. Would have been an absolute fan favourite (as he was in Dallas) in his prime.

I was surprised that he didn’t PK. Figured someone in the bottom 6 like him would have been tasked to do that.
He did play on the PK.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Bartkowski sucked but he was definitely not worse than Dean Malkoc, ha.

LOL I have two memories of Dean Malkoc;

1) as a kid, I went to a hockey camp at 8 Rinks and there was hype that a Canucks player would come out, lead some drills and sign some autographs. Dean Malkoc was that guy.

2) at the 2019 draft in Vancouver, the Bruins absolutely threw him to the wolves as the “local boy to make our selection” to try and stem the massive tide of boo’s they got from the Canucks fans. It didn’t work. :laugh:

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
LOL I have two memories of Dean Malkoc;

1) as a kid, I went to a hockey camp at 8 Rinks and there was hype that a Canucks player would come out, lead some drills and sign some autographs. Dean Malkoc was that guy.

2) at the 2019 draft in Vancouver, the Bruins absolutely threw him to the wolves as the “local boy to make our selection” to try and stem the massive tide of boo’s they got from the Canucks fans. It didn’t work. :laugh:

I remember him actually playing which is much worse!

The 1990s were weird. Malkoc was, on merit, a #6 defender in the AHL. Had 5 points in 71 AHL games the year before he played for us. But because he was big and could fight a bit ... here, take a regular shift on an NHL blueline!

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

The 1990s were weird. Malkoc was, on merit, a #6 defender in the AHL. Had 5 points in 71 AHL games the year before he played for us. But because he was big and could fight a bit ... here, take a regular shift on an NHL blueline!

In fairness, the late 90s/early 00s saw a ton of guys who were “big and could fight a bit” see the NHL for literally no other reason than that. :laugh:

Reactions: David Bruce Banner

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
In fairness, the late 90s/early 00s saw a ton of guys who were “big and could fight a bit” see the NHL for literally no other reason than that. :laugh:

Oh, for sure. But it was usually goon forwards that played 5 minutes/game.

Malkoc actually played probably 12-14 minutes/game when he was in the lineup.

Goon forwards playing a little bit was stupid. Goon defenders playing a lot was REALLY stupid.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007

MEANWHILE JOHN NAMESTNIKOV TOILS AWAY IN SYRACUSE

Happy for Roussel, good glue guy. Takes terrible penalties though...

Aren't you the one who believes it's like a crime against humanity that Alex Burrows and Zack Kassian had careers?

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
That's a bold statement. Lots of crap out there. Pouliot, Barker...O'Brien was just a gorilla on skates.

Shane O’Brien actually had a lot of talent. It’s just too bad he had shit for brains.

Pouliot was hard to watch in his season, but I feel like Bartkowski just kept getting more and more undeserved big minutes in spite of all the evidence showing he was way over his head.

Barker only played a handful of games, so I feel again like that lessens his impact.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Still can't believe we gave Bartkowski a 1.75m contract.
https___thecanuckway.com_wp-content_uploads_getty-images_2017_07_493368295.jpeg

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Canucks Luck means that Jake Virtuna finally hits his potential next to McNuggets.

Worst defensemen I ever watched play for Vancouver. And that includes Gudbranson and Sbisa.
That, for me, was Marc Andre Gragnani.

I distinctly recall a game vs. Anaheim where he was directly at fault for 4 goals against. The dude was basically a 5th forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad