OT: FOOTBALL! Steelers, THE Ohio State Buckeyes, PSU, PItt, RMU, Cal-U, CCAC....

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I have no idea what Roth was doing on a bunch of plays.

How they didn’t get the 3 at the end of the half and the last drive is mind numbing.

It’s the kind of horrific situational football we have come to expect from this team under Tomlin.

They get the 3 at the end of the half, then playing for 3 late makes it a 9 point game.

The forcing passes to TikTok and DJ pissed me off to no end. People can say 'well they don't pout like AB does', but Ben still forced balls as if they did.

EDIT: Don't get Fichtner's adjustment to the Titans trying to take Claypool out with Butler and help over the top being to shrug his shoulders instead of adjusting routes or bringing Claypool in motion to open space up.

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
Welp. Glad we won, but holy schnikes, this was NOT well-deserved.
I think play-calling on both sides of the ball gave TE chances to get back in, and they took’em, to their credit.
I don’t think Butler or Tomlin surprised any of us, sadly.

I’m most concerned that vs the first solid team/good coach, that made adjustments, Ben made multiple idiot plays (some he got away with) but several he didn’t. He got bailed out, and we won this Backing in, w our arse hanging out.
They don’t get away with this v BAL.

Reactions: KIRK

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
UnconsciousHelplessAmazondolphin-small.gif
Pulled the ole Vanderwank.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I would have lined up for a field goal with 14 seconds left in the second half. Don't even try and run a play and go for the points. Instead, we got a stupid false start and an idiotic idea to throw a hail mary.

After the false start, it was a 55 yard attempt.

They should've run a 10 yard out since the Titans were in prevent.

The great irony is Claypool actually was 1 on 1 . . . so Ben threw to the double covered midget.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Credit where it's due: The game plan was brilliant

Criticism where it's due: Smart opposing coaches adjust, and it actually helps to prepare for it.

Game plan is only brilliant when you aren’t sitting on the sidelines on the last play praying for the kicker to miss... after having a 17 point halftime lead.

Having half a good game plan doesn’t impress me.

Pengwins

Jun 13, 2017
Lol at saying the Steelers didn’t deserve the win.
Tennessee caught multiple deflected passes and benefited from horrible officiating.
yes our coaching sucks but our players were better than Tennessee’s today

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Tomlin said he didn't have an update on any health and said "I'm sure there's some bumps and bruises". So I'm guessing DJ isn't serious

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Game plan is only brilliant when you aren’t sitting on the sidelines on the last play praying for the kicker to miss... after having a 17 point halftime lead.

Having half a good game plan doesn’t impress me.

The refusal to anticipate adjustments is mind boggling.

Predictable, of course, but still mind boggling nonetheless.

Butler screwed the pooch going prevent, but truth is on the AJ Brown TD Williams is there if he lifts his hands. And, it's not like you could assume you'll shut down Henry forever. So, no sure how much before he went prevent is coaching and how much is going from getting the breaks to not getting them.

As for Fichtner, hard to know if Claypool and Washington were open. I mean, they adjusted nothing, but if Ben is throwing to DJ and TikTok in double and triple coverage, then that means everyone else is singled. Are they not open anyway? In that case, Fichtner needs to adjust. Or was Ben getting tunnel vision? In that case, it's on Ben.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Lol at saying the Steelers didn’t deserve the win.
Tennessee caught multiple deflected passes and benefited from horrible officiating.
yes our coaching sucks but our players were better than Tennessee’s today
We deserved to win. Anyone saying we didn’t is just pissed we didn’t win 40-10. The second half absolutely sucked, but our first half was amazing.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Colbert needs to go MLB shopping.

Would really love if he found one who was good in coverage, but pretty sure that's not an option in his tax bracket.

Reactions: Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad