OT: FOOTBALL! Steelers, THE Ohio State Buckeyes, PSU, PItt, RMU, Cal-U, CCAC....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
JuJu barely had any catches the last two weeks and DJ was out hurt, so I highly suspect Roth was trying to get them the ball as often as he could.

Worked out for some big plays, but he started getting tunnel vision for those two in the second half.

I don't disagree. But Ben is too experienced to be doing that. We've got 4 starting-caliber (or better) WRs + Ebron. Spread it around.

Also when he's throwing the ball after like 2 seconds I doubt that he's actually going through progressions or anything. Just throwing to his first read if he feels they are open.

Reactions: KIRK

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
6-0 dude.

No team plays perfect.

I would say that, if anything the Steelers this season have been the most perfect team in the NFL.
Mate it's not about perfect. It's about a consistent effort. You went on about teams not beating better teams etc and failed to see the irony in the steelers beating not so great teams as well. Steelers have been great and mediocre as well as sometimes pretty f***ing putrid. You are not going to win it all with those kinds of efforts. You want a consistent game, then I'll believe Tomlin won't trip over patting himself on the back in the Bowl.

There’s a lot to be frustrated about.

But also a ton to be grateful for and we can agree on that.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Mate it's not about perfect. It's about a consistent effort. You went on about teams not beating better teams etc and failed to see the irony in the steelers beating not so great teams as well. Steelers have been great and mediocre as well as sometimes pretty f***ing putrid. You are not going to win it all with those kinds of efforts. You want a consistent game, then I'll believe Tomlin won't trip over patting himself on the back in the Bowl.

There’s a lot to be frustrated about.

But also a ton to be grateful for and we can agree on that.

Unlike Seattle, the Steelers actually have a good win.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
If Ben doesn’t want to throw long, is that an elbow issue?

It's a fall-in-love-with-dink-and-dunk issue. And wanting to avoid taking hits.

And while Ben is good at dink & dunk, he isn't Brady in his prime back there.

You have to mix up throws between short, intermediate and long. The mix once we went into Prevent Offense was just...very off.

Reactions: Andy99

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
I thought Roth was done forcing balls after the clown left.

Kind of frustrating to see him falling back into those habits.

However, that last play call to Juju was where the ball was suppose to go, instead of a safe play to get Boz a few extra yards.

Roth never should have thrown into triple coverage, but why are you calling that play to begin with?

LOL - See above. Apparently just to prove we don't live in our fears. Including being afraid of throwing into 1 on 4 coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad