OT: FOOTBALL! Steelers, THE Ohio State Buckeyes, PSU, PItt, RMU, Cal-U, CCAC....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
The previous one is closed and I didn't see a new one open. Let's continue the Steelers chat!

Can't wait to hear all the whining about the Ravens trading for that DE Yannick from the vikings. They got Yannick and Peters for a 3rd and a 5th. Crazy good value.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
The previous one is closed and I didn't see a new one open. Let's continue the Steelers chat!

Can't wait to hear all the whining about the Ravens trading for that DE Yannick from the vikings. They got Yannick and Peters for a 3rd and a 5th. Crazy good value.
Ravens getting better with that trade, and likely signing Dez Bryant as well. Chiefs making moves as well, signing Bell.

Steelers better find a way to keep up if they truly think they have a shot at a championship this season.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Juju looks like he's gonna be so loaded from his off field ventures that he can probably retire soon.

Anyways, Eagles suck.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

upload_2020-10-22_20-45-26.jpeg

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Other teams loading up while the Steelers do nothing

The Steelers roster is already loaded up.

They are strong at almost every position aside from punter and ILB.

Lots of teams have for sale signs, so let’s wait and see what happens.

This is one of the best GMs in football, not JR. He will likely add some kind of ILB depth without doing something stupid.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I don't think Colbert is going to rush a move. He's giving Spillane a game against a top team to decide how dire the situation is. If he looks solid, maybe they do nothing or get a vet back-up. If he looks bad then maybe they will trade a 2nd or 3rd.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
If Yannick went for a 3rd, I'm guessing Avery Williamson would go for a 5th.

If I had to bet, I'd bet that the Steelers stay put. Spillane seems like a decent old-school type of a ILB.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
The Steelers roster is already loaded up.

They are strong at almost every position aside from punter and ILB.

Lots of teams have for sale signs, so let’s wait and see what happens.

This is one of the best GMs in football, not JR. He will likely add some kind of ILB depth without doing something stupid.
I respectfully disagree.

O line could be stronger.

Inside/middle linebacker position now in question.

Secondary still weak.

RB play inconsistent at times.

Yeah, they can’t have everything and stay under the cap, but when they start playing the truly elected teams in this league, we shall see how they stack up.

Reactions: Pengwins

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
This is the type of game where Tomlin will overthink it and try to “fool” Vrabel.

He’ll say “hey, they’re gonna expect us to load the box to stop Henry and make Tannehill beat us with his arm, do we’ll trick them and NOT load up the box and it’ll throw em off!”

Then Henry will run wild and by the time Tomlin tried to stop him, Tannehill will be hitting TEs up the seam while the LBers are cheating up and Spillane can’t cover them.

TySmith4Norris

Oct 13, 2020
They can afford to wait and see how they look against legitimate contenders before making a move

In a fine position, no rush

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

If I had to bet, I'd bet that the Steelers stay put. Spillane seems like a decent old-school type of a ILB.

Even in the unlikely event Spillane does well, they need depth behind him in case he gets hurt.

ILB was really their only weak spot and now they lost their best player at that position.

So it’s pretty obvious Colbert needs at a minimum, to find some decent depth there.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I respectfully disagree.

O line could be stronger.

Inside/middle linebacker position now in question.

Secondary still weak.

RB play inconsistent at times.

Yeah, they can’t have everything and stay under the cap, but when they start playing the truly elected teams in this league, we shall see how they stack up.

Bro, look at every team in the league and they all have issues.

Steelers have barely any holes on their roster compared to most teams.

O-line has been very good and Oko and Dotson have been revelations there.

Steelers are avg 136 rushing YPG. JC Has 3 100 yard games in his last 4 starts.

When JC went down, Snell put up 100 yards.

Roth is one of the least sacked QBs in the league.

So what more do you want from those groups, exactly?

The secondary is more than fine and they have invested heavily into it.

Two first rounders, two big FA signings (one being the richest in franchise history for UFAs).

It’s more about scheme than talent, so why would Colbert invest anymore capital into the secondary? That would be idiotic as hell.

That leaves ILB, which as I already said, does need an addition after the Bush injury.

Colbert is a master roster builder and has done it once again - the rest is up to Tomlin, as always.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018

If all it takes is a 5th for Avery I'd do that even if Spillane looks great. Solid back-up.

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
I just looked and the Steelers don't have a 5th round pick in 2021. They have a 6th and two 7ths. They also have two 4ths.

Though I have seen Williamson mention a few places and they state a 6th should do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->