OT: FOOTBALL! Steelers, THE Ohio State Buckeyes, PSU, PItt, RMU, Cal-U, CCAC....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
spongebob.jpg

wE dOn'T liVe In OuR fEaRs...

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
Are they a good team?
IMO they’re an inconsistent team, with a very high ceiling.

Biggest issue in important games/playoffs will be coaching/play calling. As always.

Reactions: Selfish Man

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I don't know how to assess Ben today.

Great? In control? Idiotic? Lucky? Unlucky? Inaccurate?

We saw a little of everything.

he was mostly a combo of lucky and unlucky, and stupid imo...I don’t know if it was the game plan but he didn’t look for many second or third reads...it’s like the play was designed to go somewhere and he went there whether the receiver was covered by three guys or not

Reactions: ChaosAgent

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Are they a good team?
IMO they’re an inconsistent team, with a very high ceiling.

Biggest issue in important games/playoffs will be coaching/play calling. As always.

It's the quarterback, too. Let's not act like Ben isn't part of the play calling.

We saw very, very good Ben today and we also saw bad Ben.

Reactions: Andy99

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
I’m still mystified by the lack of Claypool targets....after they adjusted In second half to DJ and JuJu I figured he’d have more opps.
Was there just one the whole game?

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
There's hope for Ben; he'll learn what his new toys can do. The coaches are who we thought they were.

I thought Roth was done forcing balls after the clown left.

Kind of frustrating to see him falling back into those habits.

However, that last play call to Juju was where the ball was suppose to go, instead of a safe play to get Boz a few extra yards.

Roth never should have thrown into triple coverage, but why are you calling that play to begin with?

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
I don't think there is a great team in the NFL this year, any of about 6 or 7 could win the SB and the Steelers are one of them if they don't step on their own dicks too often.
I’d say that KC, Baltimore and Seattle (maybe Green Bay) are in a tier all their own and every else is looking up.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I’m still mystified by the lack of Claypool targets....after they adjusted In second half to DJ and JuJu I figured he’d have more opps.

Ben seemingly ignored Claypool and JW today and went all Juju and DJ. For that matter, he stopped going to Ebron too later on.

Ben really wasn't in a mood to throw intermediate-to-deep and it hurt us.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Yeah I’d say so. 6-0 is undoubtedly 6-0. Certainly not a bad team.

But like, aside from the Brownies being the Brownies.. they have had a fair share of uninspiring moments. More than I’d like a true contending team to show.

What contending team hasn't had a fair share of uninspiring moments?

Chiefs got beat by the Raiders and allowed 40 points, Got taken to OT by the Chargers.

Ravens haven't beat anyone, struggled vs Philly.

Seattle almost Lost vs Miami

Green bay got Blown out by Tampa.

We just beat Tennessee.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I thought Roth was done forcing balls after the clown left.

Kind of frustrating to see him falling back into those habits.

However, that last play call to Juju was where the ball was suppose to go, instead of a safe play to get Boz a few extra yards.

Roth never should have thrown into triple coverage, but why are you calling that play to begin with?

I hate conservative running plays but I was begging for a run there. Make Tennessee burn the TO and get it to Boz who is more or less automatic. Would have felt just fine up 6 with 2:30 to go and no TOs. When we went empty backfield that was a WTF moment.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
I’d say that KC, Baltimore and Seattle (maybe Green Bay) are in a tier all their own and every else is looking up.

Same KC that allowed San Diego to take them to OT? The ones that allowed 40 to the Raiders?

What has Baltimore done?

If the Steelers got Taken to OT by Tyrod Taylor, people here would use that as evidence to say they are not contenders.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018

It was the gameplan with DJ back. Throw short and let him make plays. Titans had Butler on Claypool all game.

We have so many weapons. I think every week is going to be who's day is it today. They are just going to keep switching it around.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Never seen people so upset at a 6-0 team. Ridiculous.

Steeler fans deserve post Ben 5-11 seasons.
Did you watch that game? Doesn't matter if you're 6-0, you want a better effort for an entire game. Not just the first half and the game almost slipped away, literally hung on because of a wanker that botched a FG Att.

Reactions: Andy99

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Who has Seattle beaten? how can anyone look at their schedule and results and say they are a tier above the Steelers?

Beating the 1-5 Vikings by 1 point is impressive?

Seattle hasn't beaten a .500 team yet.

Cowboys almost beat them lol.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Ben seemingly ignored Claypool and JW today and went all Juju and DJ. For that matter, he stopped going to Ebron too later on.

Ben really wasn't in a mood to throw intermediate-to-deep and it hurt us.

JuJu barely had any catches the last two weeks and DJ was out hurt, so I highly suspect Roth was trying to get them the ball as often as he could.

Worked out for some big plays, but he started getting tunnel vision for those two in the second half.

Reactions: KIRK

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
We are 6-0. Not going to complain about anything. We are 6-0. Instead of needing to find wins later in the year we have a nice buffer if a few critical injuries happen to the line up or we just flat out lay down a horrible game.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Did you watch that game? Doesn't matter if you're 6-0, you want a better effort for an entire game. Not just the first half and the game almost slipped away, literally hung on because of a wanker that botched a FG Att.

6-0 dude.

No team plays perfect.

I would say that, if anything the Steelers this season have been the most perfect team in the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->