OT: FOOTBALL! Steelers, THE Ohio State Buckeyes, PSU, PItt, RMU, Cal-U, CCAC....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
Not sure why you take a shot at the end zone there. Pretty stupid of the Titans.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
All I can say is this Ben and this playcalling and coaching (no adjustments) ain’t gonna fly against the Ravens

Reactions: Shaftception

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Holy f were lucky

There is no way to understate how lucky.

That said . . .

1. Fichtner needs to learn how to adjust, and for the love of god Ben sure as shit needs to learn to stop forcing balls to TikTok and DJ. If it's there, fine . . . take it. But, it's on Ben for forcing it when it wasn't and on Fichtner for not adjusting. Claypool and Washington forgotten men today. Fine for the first half, because they Titans were taking the deep ball away, but mix it up when the Titans adjust.

2. Butler is going to make an alcoholic of me. Same issue as Fichtner. You have a brilliant game plan. It works for a half. How in the **** can you assume they won't adjust and then assume what you're doing will work again eventually if you just keep trying it.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Relax boss. Tomlin will learn from this.

tenor.gif

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011

That said . . .

1. Fichtner needs to learn how to adjust, and for the love of god Ben sure as shit needs to learn to stop forcing balls to TikTok and DJ. If it's there, fine . . . take it. But, it's on Ben for forcing it when it wasn't and on Fichtner for not adjusting. Claypool and Washington forgotten men today. Fine for the first half, because they Titans were taking the deep ball away, but mix it up when the Titans adjust.

2. Butler is going to make an alcoholic of me. Same issue as Fichtner. You have a brilliant game plan. It works for a half. How in the **** can you assume they won't adjust and then assume what you're doing will work again eventually if you just keep trying it.

Johnson with 15 targets today, ben needs to check his number, 84 ain't here no more.

Game was entirely on his bad mistakes, gave up potential 6 points with 2 into forced into the endzone.

Needs to fix that before anything else going into next week, ravens are more opportunistic than the titans in the secondary.

Reactions: Andy99 and EvGeno

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

That said . . .

I have no idea what Roth was doing on a bunch of plays.

How they didn’t get the 3 at the end of the half and the last drive is mind numbing.

It’s the kind of horrific situational football we have come to expect from this team under Tomlin.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
I think it was just an off game by Ben. The batted balls didn’t help. We’ll be fine. Even if we lose next week, I don’t think we’ll get smoked.

still need an ILB.

Reactions: Selfish Man

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
At least we barely squeaked one out against a team like the Titans. Cleveland is probably going to barely get by the Bungals.

Look, the class of the AFC early this year has been seen to be KC, Baltimore, and Tennessee.

The Steelers had moved onto the next notch with Buffalo.

Class Half Empty: It was as ugly a win as it gets with that 2nd half.

Class Half Full (in @ColePens honor): The Steelers got the W against a top tier team.

I still think Baltimore is a notch above based on how they match up against the Steelers (Steelers don't match up against the Ravens like the Chiefs and Titans do), but this is a legit top wild card team, and next week we learn if they're anything more than that.

Reactions: Andy99 and OnMyOwn

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
I would have lined up for a field goal with 14 seconds left in the second half. Don't even try and run a play and go for the points. Instead, we got a stupid false start and an idiotic idea to throw a hail mary.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Take that win, despite almost giving it back to the Titans. It's history now. Hopefully Ben will learn from the mistakes today (he's still learning with this group of skill players), cause we know opposing coaches will almost always out-adjust our staff. On to the Ravens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad