FOOTBALL! Pro/College/etc. Still undefeated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
This Chiefs defense is not good. So the question is, could the Steelers slow the Chiefs offense enough to outscore them given the minimum of three or four wasted possessions the Steelers have every game thanks to Randy?

In other words, is Randy Fichtner more dysfunctional than the Chiefs defensive coordinator? I’m betting yes on that...

Reactions: Selfish Man

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
The tactic in a Steelers VS Chiefs matchup is possession/clock management. Give KC the short clock anytime they have to drive. That’s the only way to beat that offense. And hope for a lucky break or bounce with our defense on the field. If you give AR/PM the clock you’ll loose.

I agree with the lucky bounces scenario, because Tomlin/Butler have no prayer of out scheming Reid/Bieniemy.

Steelers have to beat up on the Chiefs secondary, keep scoring and let Roth win it.

Basically what they did the few times they ever beat NE. Worrying about controlling the clock isn’t going to get points on the board like they will need to win

RustyRazor

né Selfish Man
Mar 9, 2004
PNW
Raiders are giving a blueprint on how to give the Chiefs problems. Unfortunately, the Steelers don't have Josh Jacobs.

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Raiders are giving a blueprint on how to give the Chiefs problems. Unfortunately, the Steelers don't have Josh Jacobs.

you have to play fast on offense and matriculate down the field and try to get a few more stops on D or turnovers...they’d do fine no huddle..just leave Randy out of it

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
watching Raiders-Chiefs game and I don’t think the Steelers have any chance to beat either of these teams, outside some lucky TOs or a particularly bad game by these QBs ....

RustyRazor

né Selfish Man
Mar 9, 2004
PNW
watching Raiders-Chiefs game and I don’t think the Steelers have any chance to beat either of these teams, outside some lucky TOs or a particularly bad game by these QBs ....

The Steelers from the first half of the Tennessee game do, the Steelers from the past three weeks would struggle on offense. The defense is locked in right now and would do a decent job of stifling both these offenses -- as well as they've been doing against each other anyway.

Son Goku

henlo u stinky egg
Mar 8, 2014
The World Of Void
20050F36-4B6B-49EF-82DD-9F8D92DA820C.jpeg

Reactions: TNT87

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Watching any of the top tier teams will depress a Steeler fan as you watch how fluid and explosive their offenses are...

Reactions: Andy99

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
Steelers would be a pretty heavy favorite against Vegas.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Steelers rarely get blown out in the playoffs under Tomlin unless they are playing Brady.

I doubt any of these teams blow them out or mud stomp them.

I suspect they will be in any playoff game, but it will come down to a few important moments where Tomlin has to make the right call...

And that’s what scares me and sows so much doubt in my mind.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
The Steelers from the first half of the Tennessee game do, the Steelers from the past three weeks would struggle on offense. The defense is locked in right now and would do a decent job of stifling both these offenses -- as well as they've been doing against each other anyway.

I think even as good as the Steelers D is they would struggle to consistently stop the Chiefs or Raiders offense...both have a lot of very quick players, good mobile QBs, strong O lines, RBs etc...as much as I like Ben and how much he improves our team, he’s still nowhere as accurate and multiple as these QBs...our offense would be a severe disadvantage in the fight...

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
Tomlin and crew vs Reid or Gruden would be laughable.
Tomlin has a winning record against Reid, including a playoff win.
I don't think Tomlin has ever played Gruden but Tomlin's resume blows Gruden's out of the water.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Steelers rarely get blown out in the playoffs under Tomlin unless they are playing Brady.

I doubt any of these teams blow them out or mud stomp them.

I suspect they will be in any playoff game, but it will come down to a few important moments where Tomlin has to make the right call...

And that’s what scares me and sows so much doubt in my mind.
They are in the past and shouldn’t matter too much to now, but damned if I don’t feel somewhat haunted by the 12-4 and 13-3 Steelers going one and done to the 8-8 Broncos and 10-6 Jags... Tomlin’s very limited playoff success this past decade has been mostly contained to the 2016 postseason. Sure they won that ridiculous game against the Bengals the year before that too, thanks to their idiocy.

Let’s go raiders, hang on if you somehow can. While being overhyped can be a curse, getting that 1 seed, especially with the new format this year, maximizes their chances.

...ok either this is going to OT or Mahomes just wins it here. The Mahomes win it is. Mahomes is God. All bow down to Mahomes.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
They are in the past and shouldn’t matter too much to now, but damned if I don’t feel somewhat haunted by the 12-4 and 13-3 Steelers going one and done to the 8-8 Broncos and 10-6 Jags... Tomlin’s very limited playoff success this past decade has been mostly contained to the 2016 postseason. Sure they won that ridiculous game against the Bengals the year before that too, thanks to their idiocy.

Let’s go raiders, hang on if you somehow can. While being overhyped can be a curse, getting that 1 seed, especially with the new format this year, maximizes their chances.

...ok either this is going to OT or Mahomes just wins it here. The Mahomes win it is. Mahomes is God.

Mahomes is going to be some Brady level shit for Tomlin I suspect.

Reid is the best offensive mind in football and Mahomes is a freak.

Just gotta hope Roth’s old ass can keep up, because he’s basically their only hope of beating KC.

Tomlin will just be a hindrance, but hopefully I’ll get to eat my words.

Wth were the raiders doing on that last defensive drive. Yikes

Praying to whatever god was listening to hit Mahomes with a lightning bolt?

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Mahomes is going to be some Brady level shit for Tomlin I suspect.

Reid is the best offensive mind in football and Mahomes is a freak.

Just gotta hope Roth’s old ass can keep up, because he’s basically their only hope of beating KC.

Tomlin will just be a hindrance, but hopefully I’ll get to eat my words.
Reid is no Belichick (then again - who is?) and the Chiefs’ D is very suspect. Plus their remaining schedule includes road games with the Bucs, Saints and Dolphins... but freaking Mahomes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad