FOOTBALL! Pro/College/etc. Still undefeated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
To me if they make it to the conference championship, the season will be a success. Anything less it'll be disappointing. Anything more is gravy.

Also, LOL at Ravens losing to Pats by 10 in the 3rd quarter.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Pats pasting the Ravens. Watch the Steelers go 16-0, lose a first round bye because of Covid, and have to play the Pats in the first round lol Tomlin may lose a game just to let the Chiefs deal with that

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Continue here!

And don't take this journey without enjoyment. The Steelers are kicking ass. Enjoy it. It may not turn into a SB but you can enjoy it for the time being.

I’m pretty sure it won’t end in a SB, unless Tomlin doesn’t Tomlin in the playoffs.

But with the plague and all, I’m just happy to be watching football and seeing them win.

Steeler SBs are too stressful anyway, and I’ve had way too much of that in 2020.

Reactions: ColePens

EvGeno

Looks like a basketball player!
Jul 11, 2009
Phoenix via Pgh
I’m pretty sure it won’t end in a SB, unless Tomlin doesn’t Tomlin in the playoffs.

But with the plague and all, I’m just happy to be watching football and seeing them win.

Steeler SBs are too stressful anyway, and I’ve had way too much of that in 2020.

:laugh: Look, I am as wary of Tomlin as the next non-Yinzer, but the negativity in here at this time is pretty silly... can we at least wait until the Steelers lose?! Then it’ll be a race in here to post “I TOLD YOU! Typical Tomlin!”

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
:laugh: Look, I am as wary of Tomlin as the next non-Yinzer, but the negativity in here at this time is pretty silly... can we at least wait until the Steelers lose?! Then it’ll be a race in here to post “I TOLD YOU! Typical Tomlin!”

I don’t think keeping realistic expectations based on Tomlin’s dubious playoff history, is being negative.

Colonel Mustard

Dec 26, 2017

Good thing the sb will be in 2021 then!

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Apperantly Lamar Jackson is 1-6 all time when losing at halftime. MVP my ass.
Dude always played ahead last year. I just hope the Steelers don’t suffer a similar fate that the 14-2 Ravens did last year, but even if our QB is nearing the end of his career, he’s been very solid and has a track record of some playoff success. I mean if 2015 Peyton and the Broncos could do it...

Anyway, looking more short-term, that’s good to build a bit of a cushion on the Ravens. They still sort of worry me, though you wonder if their injuries could really bite them this year (along with Lamar not doing as well of course).

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
ESPN has been a joke for quite some time, but another week and another zero pub on their NFL page. They've always seemed to have an axe to grind with Pitt.

If Ben isn't getting some MVP chatter after this week, with a couple of 4th quarter comebacks, leading a 9-0 team, you can simply confirm the disrespect above.

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
Ravens losing here is a huge gift for this team going forward.

Opens up realistic opportunities to rest players that may need it down the line without risking playoff position outside of the 1 seed. They could afford to lose to the Ravens and Bills and still hold home field adv. (for all that's actually worth, considering crowd restrictions) against everyone but the Chiefs more than likely.

ESPN has been a joke for quite some time, but another week and another zero pub on their NFL page. They've always seemed to have an axe to grind with Pitt.

If Ben isn't getting some MVP chatter after this week, with a couple of 4th quarter comebacks, leading a 9-0 team, you can simply confirm the disrespect above.

The Steelers will never be media darlings while Ben is still here, just have to get over such things if it bothers you. Too much negative pr baggage to try to build a feel good story out of, especially for that network. Let's be honest, if his history happened in today's climate, he'd likely be gone after the first allegation, let alone the second.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Ravens losing here is a huge gift for this team going forward.

Opens up realistic opportunities to rest players that may need it down the line without risking playoff position outside of the 1 seed. They could afford to lose to the Ravens and Bills and still hold home field adv. (for all that's actually worth, considering crowd restrictions) against everyone but the Chiefs more than likely.

The Steelers will never be media darlings while Ben is still here, just have to get over such things if it bothers you. Too much negative pr baggage to try to build a feel good story out of, especially for that network. Let's be honest, if his history happened in today's climate, he'd likely be gone after the first allegation, let alone the second.

I mean, let’s be honest. Ben’s been a downright dick the majority of his career and pretty much the complete cliche of football star being full of himself.

He’s one of the main reasons I’ve never been a huge Steelers fan. Neat he is having a redemption arc this season, but like. Dude you’re 38 come on.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
I mean, let’s be honest. Ben’s been a downright dick the majority of his career and pretty much the complete cliche of football star being full of himself.

He’s one of the main reasons I’ve never been a huge Steelers fan. Neat he is having a redemption arc this season, but like. Dude you’re 38 come on.

Wasnt just that. He never used to put up the reg season stats to be talked about on the same level as the others. Even tho that was the Steelers strategy for the first half of his career.

7 games left. Avoid another serious injury(Bush is one, leave it at that) and they have a chance to win it all.

We never had this many 6 win teams so far thru 10 weeks in the AFC. No easy matchups in the playoffs. That goes for the Chiefs too. Whoever stays the healthiest(impact players) will have the best chance. Ravens already lost Ronnie Stanley for the year and today lost Nick Boyle(another target that was important for Lamar). I dont think they even get in this year, not with this many 6-3 teams already.

Stanley was the last player they could lose on offense. Was due to make 20mil per..next year.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

Yes, but ever since he got that Jesus fish put on his Escalade, he's like totally reborn and such.

In any case, the hope is the Steelers win, he retires on that note, then they finally realize Rudolph and Dobbs won't cut it at all and trade/sign/draft a QB.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Wasnt just that. He never used to put up the reg season stats to be talked about on the same level as the others. Even tho that was the Steelers strategy for the first half of his career.

7 games left. Avoid another serious injury(Bush is one, leave it at that) and they have a chance to win it all.

We never had this many 6 win teams so far thru 10 weeks in the AFC. No easy matchups in the playoffs. That goes for the Chiefs too. Whoever stays the healthiest(impact players) will have the best chance. Ravens already lost Ronnie Stanley for the year and today lost Nick Boyle(another target that was important for Lamar). I dont think they even get in this year, not with this many 6-3 teams already.

Stanley was the last player they could lose on offense. Was due to make 20mil per..next year.
Well it was always a run first, throw second strategy. Which was never something that would showcase what Ben would have been capable of early on. Even with an inferior back, they still try to run it when they should throw it more and this is when the team has so many f***ing targets for receivers and Conner is still getting a f***ing chance to annoy all of us with his shitty lack of power moves.

Reactions: JimmyTwoTimes

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Well it was always a run first, throw second strategy. Which was never something that would showcase what Ben would have been capable of early on. Even with an inferior back, they still try to run it when they should throw it more and this is when the team has so many f***ing targets for receivers and Conner is still getting a f***ing chance to annoy all of us with his shitty lack of power moves.

Yup. Yet when Ben had to throw on those final drives he came thru. Everybody knew he could do it all game but whatever. I dont think it impacted his career in a negative way, but you do need to get rookie WRs experience throughout the year and that 2010 SB loss to the Pack a great example. Antonio Brown and Emmanuel Sanders with very little experience heading into that game. And it showed.

I like the strategy this year throwing it as much as they are and getting everyone involved. So these young WRs will be ready. This year is also something new for Ben...spreading the ball around. Took 9 games but finally did what theyve been wanting. Over 300 yards and 4 TDs. Over 10 targets to 3 diff WRs. Washington seems to be the odd man out right now but has shown he is reliable when hes involved more. Team is looking much better. And more prepared for playoff football.

Keep it going. Stay healthy.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yup. Yet when Ben had to throw on those final drives he came thru. Everybody knew he could do it all game but whatever. I dont think it impacted his career in a negative way, but you do need to get rookie WRs experience throughout the year and that 2010 SB loss to the Pack a great example. Antonio Brown and Emmanuel Sanders with very little experience heading into that game. And it showed.

I like the strategy this year throwing it as much as they are and getting everyone involved. So these young WRs will be ready. This year is also something new for Ben...spreading the ball around. Took 9 games but finally did what theyve been wanting. Over 300 yards and 4 TDs. Over 10 targets to 3 diff WRs. Washington seems to be the odd man out right now but has shown he is reliable when hes involved more. Team is looking much better. And more prepared for playoff football.

Keep it going. Stay healthy.
Yeah the one surprising thing for me this year is how much the ball is being spread around and even to the TE's...

Seeing a lot of throws to Claypool, Smith-Schuster, Ebron, Washington, Johnson, etc. That's what you want to see, you want them get the ball as much as possible and also for Ben to see the nuances of options like that. But I do hate that literally ALL of us called the run by Conner starting the 2nd half, it was just so damn obvious. I mean if you have a strong back, sure, go for it, but we don't, so it's frustrating to see it.

As for Ben, yeah he's a HOF'er, but people will always cite his lack of yards in his career, but will over look the team he was playing for and their history of utilizing their backs far more often in the Cowher era going forward.

Reactions: JimmyTwoTimes

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Yeah the one surprising thing for me this year is how much the ball is being spread around and even to the TE's...

Seeing a lot of throws to Claypool, Smith-Schuster, Ebron, Washington, Johnson, etc. That's what you want to see, you want them get the ball as much as possible and also for Ben to see the nuances of options like that. But I do hate that literally ALL of us called the run by Conner starting the 2nd half, it was just so damn obvious. I mean if you have a strong back, sure, go for it, but we don't, so it's frustrating to see it.

As for Ben, yeah he's a HOF'er, but people will always cite his lack of yards in his career, but will over look the team he was playing for and their history of utilizing their backs far more often in the Cowher era going forward.

Yeah they need to stop with the bringing in Hawkins as the eligible OT ....unless they do the opposite for once and throw in that situation.

I like Connor more than most...the thing with the Steelers is its tough for us to have a good passing game and a good running game. We did have it for a bit with Bell but our Oline was much better. Most of our line are in their final years. Pouncey is ranked the 5th worst center. Even Decastro isnt what he was before. So we are gonna have to keep playing this way. They arent even throwing to RBs this year like they used to because of what that requires from the Oline.

So they are making it as easy as possible for the Oline is what Im getting at.

They are doing a good job not letting up sacks but Ben is also getting the ball off so quick on most of his passes.

Pouncey due 15mil against cap next year...will be interesting to see if he stays. With us being over 19mil to start the off season, idk. Normally they would extend but I dont think theyll do that with him.

Hopefully he can go out a SB winner. Never did get a ring. And was a big reason we lost against GB with Pouncey missing that game(rookie of the year). Gets hurt in the AFC championship.

Mentioned how we will lose a lot of players due to the cap going down but good news is we should be able to find a lot of players willing to sign in Pitt for 1 year at a cheap price. Like what many have done with the Chiefs recently. Going forward, even if we dont win it all, its important they go far in the playoffs so that does happen. Showing FAs we are at least very close. For example, what DT out there who needs to prove himself again wouldnt want to play in between Heyward and Tuitt? We could find a Center as well on a cheap 1 year deal who wants to build his value too. Thats what we may need to do for next two years. Having good drafts as well is obvious. These next two are very important.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
As for the Ravens, another season ending injury today to an important player...TE Nick Boyle. Who they relied a lot on for blocking...one less option for Jackson to throw to and another blow to protection. Losing Stanley didnt show up on the scoreboard in the 24-10 Colts win but if you look at their stats that game you can see it did.

The longer they play without him the worse it will be...hes someone they cant replace. Making any other injury(like to Boyle for example) more serious.

Losing to the Pats probably doesnt happen. Next week they have the Titans. Another team that is 6-3 and fighting for the division lead. With so many 6-3 teams, this is like a playoff game for the Ravens. Lost to them in the playoffs last year. Unless their D steps up I dont see them winning this time either.

Could be 6-4 heading into our matchup on Thanksgiving night. On the outside of playoff picture...and deflated. If Steelers continue to play the way they did today, I see them winning by more than 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->