FOOTBALL! Pro/College/etc. Still undefeated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
McDonald should be back next week?

Yeah would imagine. And weve barely used him this year in passing game. Dude is well rested. I like it. Last playoff game....10 catches for 120 yards. I know we have been using Ebron so he can get used to our O but Vance can be used just as much. Gives us another solid option. Not to mention an actual TE who blocks will help the run game.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
They lost 3 out of 4. And all of them with Ronnie Stanley out. They just arent as good as most think. Already lost Yanda to retirement and then the best LT in the league.
How is it facing a pissed off team? Losing 2 out of 3 didnt get em there? They are a deflated team at this point. And only way they beat us is thru their D. If we turn the ball over 3 times then sure. They do have the playmakers on D to do so. But not afraid of their offense at all

Tomlin has to get out of the tough guy routine with the Ravens.

Let Roth throw all over them, get points on the board, then force them and LJ to come from behind.

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
Good buddy of mine is from Cincy and I sent him a text saying I was sorry. I like Burrow and that’s awful for him. Hope he recovers for next season.
In a vacuum I don’t want to see any player get hurt (except for dirty ones), but in terms of divisional rivals I have no sympathy. I hope Cincinnati and Cleveland continue their QB hunt forever.

EvGeno

Looks like a basketball player!
Jul 11, 2009
Phoenix via Pgh
I am surprised the onside kick at the beginning of the game didn’t work for the Jags...it seems that the Steelers are usually unprepared for things like that.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
I am surprised the onside kick at the beginning of the game didn’t work for the Jags...it seems that the Steelers are usually unprepared for things like that.
It was a really good attempt to. About as perfect a kick as they could’ve done. We’re lucky Allen beat them to the ball.

Reactions: ChaosAgent

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

I’m pretty sure they realized something was coming when the kicker and one of the gunners switched places.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
So it’s like the Pats schedule every season for the last 20 years?

Well not quite. For most seasons the Patriots had 6 match-ups against very dysfunctional Bills, Jets, and Dolphins teams. The Steelers are playing in a much more competitive division.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Great comeback by the Colts in the second half. So far.

Edit: I jinxed 'em. Going to OT.

Last edited:

Iggy Smalls

Jun 6, 2010
Pathetic that Harbaugh can't handle close losses or blowouts. I remember him being amused running up the score against Duck Hodges and a team of Steelers back ups. I hope the Steelers drop 50 on Thanksgiving.

turd

Feb 1, 2013
Credit to them for the 10 and 0 start.

hat said, the Steelers have been incredibly lucky in their opponents for most of this year.

They have had the second weakest opponents in a the AFC so far this year.

AFC Strength of Schedule
Obviously the Raiders are better than Jacksonville, but weren’t the opposing records virtually identical heading into this week for both Pittsburgh and Kansas City?

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Obviously the Raiders are better than Jacksonville, but weren’t the opposing records virtually identical heading into this week for both Pittsburgh and Kansas City?

KC had it pretty easy too.

I have a lot more faith in them rising to the occasion when the playoffs come than I do the Steelers. Are you telling me that you believe differently?

RustyRazor

né Selfish Man
Mar 9, 2004
PNW
This Chiefs defense is not good. So the question is, could the Steelers slow the Chiefs offense enough to outscore them given the minimum of three or four wasted possessions the Steelers have every game thanks to Randy?

Reactions: Andy99

turd

Feb 1, 2013
KC had it pretty easy too.

I have a lot more faith in them rising to the occasion when the playoffs come than I do the Steelers. Are you telling me that you believe differently?
Why should I not believe in the Steelers right now?

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
This Chiefs defense is not good. So the question is, could the Steelers slow the Chiefs offense enough to outscore them given the minimum of three or four wasted possessions the Steelers have every game thanks to Randy?
The tactic in a Steelers VS Chiefs matchup is possession/clock management. Give KC the short clock anytime they have to drive. That’s the only way to beat that offense. And hope for a lucky break or bounce with our defense on the field. If you give AR/PM the clock you’ll loose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad