FOOTBALL! Pro/College/etc. Still undefeated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com
Good lord. The Steelers were 8-8 were absolutely zero talent at QB last year and Tomlin proved he's a very good coach. They're undefeated this year and Tomlin is again proving he's a very good coach. And this thread is full of shitting on Mike Tomlin, a very good coach. Just appreciate how fortunate we are instead of trying to chase off a very good coach when there aren't any replacements as good as him.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
1. No, it's not 50/50. Belichick is the best coach of all time and he can't turn an old team short on talent into a winner. Give him even the Browns and they're probably fighting for the division/conference lead.

2. The Browns ended up with busts every draft because they had a long string of bad GMs.

3. I'm not a huge fan of Arians personally but he's won everywhere he's gone. The only reason he was let go was Ben didn't like him.

4. Butler was a joke till Colbert rebuilt the secondary.

5. The Steelers' offense not being able to move the ball without Ben actually does more to prove the point that it's mostly talent that wins, not coaching

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
[QUOTE="ziggyjoe212, post: 174564715, member: 291499" Spillane and Watt trip and fall and accidentally tackle the opponent.
[/QUOTE]
what's up with the lb we got from the jets?

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
what's up with the lb we got from the jets?
What do you mean? He's on the team.
Tomlin said they acquired him as a back up. The media claims that Williamson was supposed be the starter at some point.
We'll probably see him at some point this season.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
Tomlin said they acquired him as a back up. The media claims that Williamson was supposed be the starter at some point.
yeah, i thought he was to be the starter. doesn't seem that important now.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
1. No, it's not 50/50. Belichick is the best coach of all time and he can't turn an old team short on talent into a winner. Give him even the Browns and they're probably fighting for the division/conference lead.

2. The Browns ended up with busts every draft because they had a long string of bad GMs.

3. I'm not a huge fan of Arians personally but he's won everywhere he's gone. The only reason he was let go was Ben didn't like him.

5. The Steelers' offense not being able to move the ball without Ben actually does more to prove the point that it's mostly talent that wins, not coaching
Rams fired Jeff Fisher, hired McVay and became a playoff team almost immediately.
Tampa had the worst D last season, this year it's top 10 under new DC Bowles.
Niners were great under Haurbaugh, awful under next HC, now great again under Shanahan. Coaching matters. A lot.
BB is a prime example. His teams always lacked talent, yet he found a way to win. Remmeber when Troy Brown, a WR, played DB against the best offense in history?

Talent is obviously important, but it'll get you nowhere without the right coaching.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
NFL teams change a lot year to year; McVay’s team was not the same team Fisher had, etc. But you do make a point that coaching can hurt a team just as it can elevate it. But it’s still 90% talent that wins

Pengwins

Jun 13, 2017
he plays special teams and in garbage time, looked okay

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012

Take Mahomes away and see how much of a genius Andy Reid is. You know, the same Andy Reid whose game management skills would make even Tomlin giggle in years past.

cookthebooks

Oct 4, 2017
does nfl go to a different more rigorous testing procedure in instances like this? they dont normally do gameday testing, right? and this game being a primetime one just increases the length of time since the last test as a result?

Griffin6612

Jun 28, 2007
Good lord. The Steelers were 8-8 were absolutely zero talent at QB last year and Tomlin proved he's a very good coach. They're undefeated this year and Tomlin is again proving he's a very good coach. And this thread is full of shitting on Mike Tomlin, a very good coach. Just appreciate how fortunate we are instead of trying to chase off a very good coach when there aren't any replacements as good as him.
I generally think Pittsburgh fans expect playoff success. Not just regular season moral wins. Mikey hasnt done squat in the playoffs, so theirs still lots of bad vibes for him.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I am baffled by testing in the NFL. What is the actual protocol? It feels like teams play games and then players test positive. Which is a strannnnnnnnnge thing.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
I generally think Pittsburgh fans expect playoff success. Not just regular season moral wins. Mikey hasnt done squat in the playoffs, so theirs still lots of bad vibes for him.

Pretty much on Q. Especially with all the talent and the franchise QB he's had. 3 playoff wins in 10 years. The Bengals gift wrapped one. It would be 2 in 10 years. Pretty bad I must say.

Reactions: Selfish Man

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Dan Bylsma was a great regular season coach too. Part of that too was having Crosby, Malkin, Letang in their prime.

Can someone photoshop Bylsma and Tomlin here..maybe

MV5BMWUzN2VkY2ItYmQ4YS00MjFmLWJhZDQtYWY1NWQ2NTA5NDNlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDc2NjEyMw@@._V1_.jpg

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
Dan Bylsma was a great regular season coach too. Part of that too was having Crosby, Malkin, Letang in their prime.

Can someone photoshop Bylsma and Tomlin here..maybe

MV5BMWUzN2VkY2ItYmQ4YS00MjFmLWJhZDQtYWY1NWQ2NTA5NDNlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDc2NjEyMw@@._V1_.jpg

I actually hate the Bylsma comparison. We’ve seen at this point that Bylsma isn’t really capable of being a head coach without being carried by superstars. I would bet money on Tomlin being able to turn a struggling team around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad