FOOTBALL! Pro/College/etc. Still undefeated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
He’s on pace to break his franchise TD records and only tossed 4 INT.

He’s also engineered big comebacks in the last two games.

Considering he’s coming off a major injury, I’d say he’s doing pretty well.
He also has the lowest yards per attempt of his career. I agree he's doing better than I expected given his injury, but they're not asking him to do a ton this year. Mostly dink and dunk.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

McDonald, however, is a close friend of Ben and has a locker next to him...if Ben is placed in Covid protocol, he might not be available for the Bengals....

Reactions: That1Kid

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012

McDonald, however, is a close friend of Ben and has a locker next to him...if Ben is placed in Covid protocol, he might not be available for the Bengals....

If Ben doesn't play, I'll probably arrange for something more enjoyable than watching Rudolph play, like pulling up three hours of the most-repeated campaign ads from 2020.

Mr Jeff Jimerson

May 9, 2013
If Ben tests positive, it's on Tomlin. Why would Tomlin allow Ben to have a locker right next to a player with COVID? He should not have been near the team if he showed symptoms on Friday.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
He’s on pace to break his franchise TD records and only tossed 4 INT.

He’s also engineered big comebacks in the last two games.

Considering he’s coming off a major injury, I’d say he’s doing pretty well.
I’d say 36 TD’s, 8 picks and around 4,000 yards while winning 12 games or more is a pretty damn good comeback season, haha.

Reactions: Pengwins

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
I truly believe that a lot of the Ben looks “mediocre” stuff comes from the offense being hamstrung by the coaching staff time and time again from the start of the game. It’s literally a stale and predictable gameplan week in and week out that has the offense spitting and sputtering and unable to get out of their own way for the majority of the game, UNTIL, Ben starts running the no huddle and all of a sudden they start moving the ball and scoring...

Gunslinger Ben has been put out to pasture for the most part and that’s a good think IMO. Add in the fact that I believe he is still gaining trust in his elbow, and we are getting what we see, the dink and dunk game. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. It might not be sexy and highlight reel worthy but it’s the system that took the Pats to 6 SB trophies in the last 2 decades.

I firmly believe that the coaching staff continually holds this team back and in the end, the players have to find a way to pull out a victory in spite of them. From piss poor game planning and scheming, to the inability to make in game adjustments on the flu, to constantly living in their fears despite preaching the opposite, this team puts their players at a disadvantage before the damn coin flip...

My hope is that when Ben and others finally hand them up, they don’t hold back on their criticisms of how this coaching staff essentially pissed away a decade of having some go the most talented rosters in all of football because of dumbf***ery all around. From not nipping AB in the bud, to allowing dumbasses like Mike Mitchell to stand outside the Jags locker room before a playoff game, railing on about how they were gonna know his name by the end of the game, to allowing Bell to provide bulletin board material to that same Jags team by essentially looking past them and onto New England, the lack of accountability and preparation has been on full display.

Reactions: Babe Ruth

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Ben is older, coming off injury, and as good as they are none of these guys are Antonio Brown. Oh, and the running game kinda sucks. And we're 8-0. We have questions for sure but we're obviously in about as good as spot as we can hope for right now.

Last edited:

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
If Ben’s knees are bothering him the slightest he should sit this week. It’s not worth the risk. There’s a chance you can squeak out a win with Mason against a team like the Bungles, but if Ben gets legit hurt because he’s apprehensive from a minor/less serious injury, the season is over.

Rudolph can’t beat a real team, and the D isn’t good enough to carry them with a lame duck offense.

But, much like going for it on 4th down instead of kicking a chip shot field goal because one guy is owning your special teams, the Steelers don’t live in their fears and Ben will play regardless.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
I sure as hell don’t trust Tomlin and Fichtner to call an offensive gameplan that has Rudolph out scoring Joe Burrow...

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Ben is older, coming off injury, and as good as they are none of these guys are Antonio Brown. Oh, and the running game kinda sucks. And we're 8-0. We have questions for sure but we're obviously in about as good as spot as we can hope for right now.
All true but it his team has not shown me a game in which they truly looked like a legit contender. They includes the Browns game. They are bumbling and stumbling to wins...

Reactions: Factorial

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
He also has the lowest yards per attempt of his career. I agree he's doing better than I expected given his injury, but they're not asking him to do a ton this year. Mostly dink and dunk.

Ton Brady won most of his SBs on dink and dunk timed passing schemes. With a few deep throws tossed in.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
I dont know if anyone seen Ben in the 4th qrtr going up to each WR or TE and giving them their specific routes to run.

Ben is a huge reason we are 8-0.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

Definitely disagree they aren’t asking much from him, especially with how poor the running game has been lately.

Rudolph was nickel and diming teams, Roth is pushing the ball down field pretty damn well and leading this offense.

He may not be able to hit it deep anymore, but he’s most definitely pushing the ball down field.

He has had second half come backs in back to back games now, and thrown 2+ TD in every game but one.

A guy on pace for 36/8/4000 is putting up Pro Bowl Numbers.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Almost hard to believe what I read in Kaboly’s Ten Things article about why they didn’t adjust to what the Cowboys were doing to block FGs:

“We will get back in the lab and go through a week of corrections and fundamentals and making sure we are solid there as opposed to fixing something in-game and run the risk of a double thud again,” Tomlin said. “I am not about that life.”

tenor.gif

So... in context.:

He admitted he went for it on fourth and 1, because he didn’t trust his FG team... nor did he want to try and fix the blocking miscues in game...

So uh.. let’s just keep making mistakes then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $365.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark