FOOTBALL! Pro/College/etc. Still undefeated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lastcupever75

Phive cups PA.
May 14, 2009
Or........ hard count him. He's jumping the count.

Or..... center just has to stand up. If he's even touched - it counts as a penalty.
that's right, forgot its a penalty if he's touched.

no friggin excuse then to why he's still in his crouch

Reactions: ColePens

lastcupever75

Phive cups PA.
May 14, 2009
Here's the rule: I'm not sure he grabbed the appropriate place or if the QB was outside the pocket. I think GG was still in the pocket.

No player shall grab the inside collar of the back or the side of the shoulder pads or jersey, or grab the jersey at the name plate or above, and pull the runner toward the ground. This does not apply to a runner who is in the tackle box or to a quarterback who is in the pocket.

but he also didn't pull him to the ground after grabbing it. he kind of just stopped him from running away, let go of the collar then put his arms around him to bring him down

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Idk why but I think this was an important win. In the past Tomlin would lose these games but for some reason it feels like here we are steam rolling ahead not looking back

Steelers have played exactly one 60 minute game all season.

People can look at it one of two ways, but if they get bounced in the playoffs, I think it will be fair to say all of the warning signs were flashing bright red the entire season.

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
What a week for the supposed top teams.

We should've lost, KC almost lost, Seattle did lose and had 43 put up on them by Buffalo, and now the Tom and AB power hour are down 31-0 at halftime.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
To succeed in the playoffs, this team must overcome the hamstringing by the coaching staff and rely on individual efforts.

Can they do it? Sure. Is it likely? Nope.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
i may be mistaken but i Believe you have to pull the player to the ground for it to be a penalty

Here's the rule: I'm not sure he grabbed the appropriate place or if the QB was outside the pocket. I think GG was still in the pocket.

No player shall grab the inside collar of the back or the side of the shoulder pads or jersey, or grab the jersey at the name plate or above, and pull the runner toward the ground. This does not apply to a runner who is in the tackle box or to a quarterback who is in the pocket.

He didn't bring him down with a horse collar tackle. He had him by the waist/bottom of the numbers then when Garret tried to spin he reached up and grabbed him below the name plate. There was no horse collar there.

5:41 of the highlites
Pittsburgh Steelers at Dallas Cowboys 2020 REG 9 - Game Center

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
I stand by my take that the biggest weakness this team has, surrounds coaching: scheming, matchups, play calling, game/clock/challenge mgmt.
The players have to overcome their coaches/coordinators every week.
That ain’t gonna fly come playoffs.

Reactions: Andy99

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Losing that bye week hurt us a ton, having to play 3 games on the road, no week off to just get some rest to these guys is showing, that defense has been taxed HARD.
And that is why in games like this, the offense SHOULD have been able to put the game away early and then they could have rested defensive starters later in the game.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Listen to some post game pressers from the players. It was exactly what I figured. They all know the offense needed to be better and put the defense back out there too often with the punts and 3 and outs. The defense acknowledged they messed stuff up and the special teams were weak.

So it’s not like their heads are up their asses about this win. They all want to win and get better each week.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Last edited:
Reactions: Andy99

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
Ever since Bush went down our run D has been awful. Is one player really that vital to stopping the run?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad