FOOTBALL! Pro/College/etc. Still undefeated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookthebooks

Oct 4, 2017
i went to football ref to laugh at ABs debut, but i was just reminded of how incredible is stats were prior

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Ever since Bush went down our run D has been awful. Is one player really that vital to stopping the run?

Steelers stoned the Browns (after he went down) and Titans formidable run games without Bush.

Alualu being out since the first quarter agt the Ravens has been the massive issue.

Since he went down, they are getting gashed badly. He is their lynchpin that can anchor, his replacements are wearing roller skates.

Reactions: Andy99 and OnMyOwn

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Alualu + Bush is the reason for the run issues. 2 guys grading high were replaced by Spillane, who can’t get off blocks and is slow, and a couple rookies.

Reactions: Colonel Mustard

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I read yesterday that Dallas only had two TD drives in their last 48 possessions since Dak went down.

Couple that with a fourth string practice squad QB, it’s impossible not to argue Tomlin was out coached (again).

embarrassingly outcoached but that’s nothing new with this coaching staff...yet heads never roll...

Reactions: Bingo71

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Come on, now. 2 issues:

1) Holding Tomlin accountable for his words is hilarious. This dude IS an incredible speaker. However his actions are nevvvvvvvvver up to what he speaks about.

2) All sporting teams live in their fears. It takes over. There is that feeling of "Oh shit.. not again!" or at least try to hide weaknesses. You have to. If you don't know your weakness, you can't protect against it.

Reactions: vodeni and Andy99

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I was unable to watch as I was driving for the game.

What was the deal with Williamson? Did he not play?

I think he had a few snaps, honestly can’t remember.

embarrassingly outcoached but that’s nothing new with this coaching staff...yet heads never roll...

Having Roth to constantly bail him out is going to keep Tomlin’s job quite safe.

Just read today that he’s the only player in history to never be on a sub .500 team for 17 years:

People keep giving Tomlin credit for last season without Roth, and conveniently leave out the fact Tomlin went Tomlin, by losing the last three games to put them out of playoff contention.

It’s what he does.

Losing to powerhouses like the Jets and Bills, while Ravens also played their B squad, wasn’t exactly murders row.

Tomlin is who he is, but he’s not going anywhere. Roth is who drives this bus and Tomlin has always been along for the ride.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Listen to some post game pressers from the players. It was exactly what I figured. They all know the offense needed to be better and put the defense back out there too often with the punts and 3 and outs. The defense acknowledged they messed stuff up and the special teams were weak.

So it’s not like their heads are up their asses about this win. They all want to win and get better each week.
Yeah exactly. At least they are aware but it's hard to sort it when you don't have a week off like they normally would because the league couldn't punish the titans properly.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA

Having Roth to constantly bail him out is going to keep Tomlin’s job quite safe.

Just read today that he’s the only player in history to never be on a sub .500 team for 17 years:

People keep giving Tomlin credit for last season without Roth, and conveniently leave out the fact Tomlin went Tomlin, by losing the last three games to put them out of playoff contention.

It’s what he does.

Losing to powerhouses like the Jets and Bills, while Ravens also played their B squad, wasn’t exactly murders row.

Tomlin is who he is, but he’s not going anywhere. Roth is who drives this bus and Tomlin has always been along for the ride.

Precisely.

Aviators has shit the bed in countless games, only to have Ben and others ball out and pull a win out of their asses at the last minute.

How many times are we going to watch the coaching staff getting their asses handed to them all game and then see Ben start to run the no huddle and move the ball with ease? Ben even alluded to that very thing after last weeks’ game and then Mikey and Randy came out to try and pour cold water on Ben’s comments. They know, but they think that we don’t know, so they want to keep the illusion going for the dumb f***s who don’t know any better.

This offense especially seems to always, always, ALWAYS stumble out of the gate and trip over themselves for 1/2 to 3/4 of the game before Ben takes over and gets the offense moving. FFS, there’s a reason that the Steelers have only score, what, ONE TD on their opening possession in the last 3 years? 3 YEARS!!!!

Tomlin doesn’t attack other teams from the get go and then keep his foot on the gas. No, Mikey loves him some “attrition football”, grinding f***ers down like Bylsma’s wet dream. He refuses to exploit his opponent’s weaknesses, while simultaneously exposing his own team’s time and time again.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
I don’t know. We’re 8-0 and Colbert and Art still haven’t announced a new deal. I’m getting the impression it’s SB or bust for them with Tomlin this year. The talent is there. If the staff can’t make it happen, it may be time for a new era.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
I don’t know. We’re 8-0 and Colbert and Art still haven’t announced a new deal. I’m getting the impression it’s SB or bust for them with Tomlin this year. The talent is there. If the staff can’t make it happen, it may be time for a new era.

I agree. The Dallas game was a terrible effort, and shows that nothing has changed. I think it’s AFC Championship or bust. If we lost in the AFC Championship to the Chiefs, I don’t think that’s a fireable loss, but anything short of that absolutely considering our start. Having said that, context matters, if we get screwed out of a bye it will be easier to rationalize the short coming.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Reactions: KIRK

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Precisely.

Aviators has shit the bed in countless games, only to have Ben and others ball out and pull a win out of their asses at the last minute.

How many times are we going to watch the coaching staff getting their asses handed to them all game and then see Ben start to run the no huddle and move the ball with ease? Ben even alluded to that very thing after last weeks’ game and then Mikey and Randy came out to try and pour cold water on Ben’s comments. They know, but they think that we don’t know, so they want to keep the illusion going for the dumb f***s who don’t know any better.

This offense especially seems to always, always, ALWAYS stumble out of the gate and trip over themselves for 1/2 to 3/4 of the game before Ben takes over and gets the offense moving. FFS, there’s a reason that the Steelers have only score, what, ONE TD on their opening possession in the last 3 years? 3 YEARS!!!!

Tomlin doesn’t attack other teams from the get go and then keep his foot on the gas. No, Mikey loves him some “attrition football”, grinding f***ers down like Bylsma’s wet dream. He refuses to exploit his opponent’s weaknesses, while simultaneously exposing his own team’s time and time again.

It’s been obvious for years who Tomlin is.

However, you get so pissed off about it and I can’t figure out why.

You know Tomlin isn’t a very good coach, yet you should also know Roth is his band-aid... and the Rooney family is ultra loyal.

So why do you:

- get so mad on game days when Tomlin does Tomlin stuff?

- expect him to ever get fired in the Roth era?

Honestly asking for any logical answers to these questions.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Mark Madden: Steelers coach Mike Tomlin lived in his fears in final moments against Cowboys | TribLIVE.com

I know, I know, it’s the fat f*** MM, but I totally agree with this article, 100%. He is indirectly saying that Ben repeatedly has bailed Mikey T out over the years and they he trusts him to call the game more than Tomlin and I wholeheartedly agree.

The Steelers seemed unprepared to play an inferior foe. That happens occasionally with every team, but not a lot with championship-caliber teams and it occurs far too often with Tomlin’s teams.

It’s an on point article, but even the statement above isn’t breaking new ground here.

Tomlin isn’t a very good Xs and Os guy, and he’s a pretty terrible game day manager.

It gets tiresome talking about it, but I find it fascinating many people are still in denial about it.

Reactions: KIRK

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
I agree. The Dallas game was a terrible effort, and shows that nothing has changed. I think it’s AFC Championship or bust. If we lost in the AFC Championship to the Chiefs, I don’t think that’s a fireable loss, but anything short of that absolutely considering our start. Having said that, context matters, if we get screwed out of a bye it will be easier to rationalize the short coming.

It will be interesting what happens if the Steelers do win the SB. I'd expect Roethlisberger to retire, and Pouncey has always maintained he's done when Ben is. The cap crunch is going to hit this team hard. It wouldn't surprise me if Tomlin were to seek new opportunities elsewhere and things of that nature.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
It will be interesting what happens if the Steelers do win the SB. I'd expect Roethlisberger to retire, and Pouncey has always maintained he's done when Ben is. The cap crunch is going to hit this team hard. It wouldn't surprise me if Tomlin were to seek new opportunities elsewhere and things of that nature.

We will see a lot of the cap issues the Pats are currently seeing. I think it’s us and the Saints who are going to be in shit (dead) cap situations next and possibly the following year if our QBs/other key players retire. Last year I thought Tomlin would be going to Washington based off their rumored interest in him.

Realistically it would take a lot for the Steelers to think twice about extending MT considering our success so far this season.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012

It’s what he does.

Roethlisberger has been pretty mediocre this year. Tomlin is a good coach, maybe not great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad