FOOTBALL! Pro/College/etc. Still undefeated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
To be fair this same thing happened last week to Stafford. He was removed from the list like the day before and was able to play on Sunday.

he might play but he’ll have zero practice this week if he does...he already gets very little practice time in, leading to first half starts like we’ve seen throughout the season, only it’ll be worse if and when he plays against the Bengals...

edit...and also Stafford had a shitty game after not practicing last week...2 INTs and like a 70 QBR against a very mediocre Vikings team...

Last edited:

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Obviously I am not a a Tomlin fan and above all else I really can’t stand his game management.

But I would have no problem with Tomlin if he had top coordinators or at least showed willingness to try and improve one side of the ball in that regard. If he was just a players coach/manager with XandO guys around him I’d be absolutely fine.

He is too loyal to mediocre coordinators. Especially offensively. While I think Butler has flaws— Fichtner is an embarrassment.

Nobody has poached these two coordinators nor do are they ever even considered the HC carousel for a reason imo.

Ben has never really had a gifted play caller (I loved Haley’s play design, not his calling) and at this stage of his career I think it would do wonders. It’s kind of a joke he’s out there drawing plays on his chest to get the offense to even work against the Ravens.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
McDonald also was testing negative even while being ill...it can take days from exposure to where you have enough viral load to test positive...so Ben testing negative now, while great, doesn’t mean he won’t test negative tomorrow or days after that...

Reactions: cookthebooks

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
the amount of yinzers calling for Duck to get promoted from the PS to start the next game is too damn high

RustyRazor

né Selfish Man
Mar 9, 2004
PNW
I'd rather they sign almost 46-year old Charlie Batch this week than see any of the back-up QBs on the roster. There is no excuse for not just lack of depth at the QB position, but complete and total incompetence in all your back-ups.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
One positive Ben test and it's Rudolph v Dobbs time homie

Steelers ruined Dobbs development imo and have done nothing this off-season to change that. Rudolph is the clear back-up. They want nobody to challenge/push Ben and they want the same for Rudolph for some strange reason. We are Ben or nothing. Rudolph will play and they will run, run, and hope Rudolph can complete a pass.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
Steelers ruined Dobbs development imo and have done nothing this off-season to change that. Rudolph is the clear back-up. They want nobody to challenge/push Ben and they want the same for Rudolph for some strange reason. We are Ben or nothing. Rudolph will play and they will run, run, and hope Rudolph can complete a pass.

Unfortunately, I don’t see them moving away from Rudolph next year either. Landry Jones was here for years despite being super underwhelming. It seems like Rudolph will get the same treatment. I don’t think they view him as a starting-caliber player at this point, but I think it’s very possible they see him as a QB2. I wish we’d get some new life in that QB room, it’s just the same old guys. It seems like there’s a clearly established hierarchy, and when that happens people get complacent. I hope we bring some new talent in next season, there’s just so many guys that have more upside than our backups.

Reactions: SouthGeorge

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Why wouldn't they sign a backup that had talent this year, Dobbs and Rudolph are not the answer.

Roethisberger out = Bengals win, count it.

Nothing is ever guaranteed in sports. I don't know why people still post like this. :laugh: I've seen the most ridiculous upsets/come from behinds wins/etc. Just f***ing enjoy it. That's the fun of it all.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
What anybody ever saw in Rudolph is beyond me...

He might have “lit it up” in the Big 12 but that’s a whole ‘nother level from the NFL. Those rainbow moon balls might have worked when college receivers can get several feet of separation, but they doesn’t happen at this level.

EvGeno

Looks like a basketball player!
Jul 11, 2009
Phoenix via Pgh
What anybody ever saw in Rudolph is beyond me...

He might have “lit it up” in the Big 12 but that’s a whole ‘nother level from the NFL. Those rainbow moon balls might have worked when college receivers can get several feet of separation, but they doesn’t happen at this level.
I thought he looked ok last year before he got his clock cleaned...but maybe that’s a matter of tape getting out there for other teams to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad