Confirmed with Link: Flyers trade Ryan Hartman to Dallas for Tyler Pitlick

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I'll actually go ahead and say that I like this deal on its own. Adding Hartman was a mistake to start with but removing him like this makes sense.

I'd rather take this trade than overpay Hartman and have him just become another inferior roadblock for far better young players, like Farabee and Frost. If this means that we just added a cheaper, less roadblocky roadblock in front of them, then that makes the trade worth it alone.

I'd also hope that Pitlick is just going to be the 4th line RW or 13th forward, and is less of a risk of playing in the top 9 than Hartman was.

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
What are the worst contracts Fletch signed though? Any comparables?

I think it's something that's out of his hands to be honest. If the rumblings are true then Provorov wants something in the range of 8M and Fletch has no ground to stand on to oppose him; he absolutely cannot afford for this team to start off with Provy un-signed.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
I'll actually go ahead and say that I like this deal on its own. Adding Hartman was a mistake to start with but removing him like this makes sense.

I'd rather take this trade than overpay Hartman and have him just become another inferior roadblock for far better young players, like Farabee and Frost. If this means that we just added a cheaper, less roadblocky roadblock in front of them, then that makes the trade worth it alone.

I'd also hope that Pitlick is just going to be the 4th line RW or 13th forward, and is less of a risk of playing in the top 6 than Hartman was.
He can be effective 4th liner who can chip in on the pk. At 1 million, I’d much rather have him then Hartman for twice as much or more. Seems like a sensible deal to me.

NicolasAubeKubel

Mar 3, 2018
Hartman would’ve been the best 4th line winger in the NHL this season. Fletcher pissed away all of the cap space away on washed up vets and Kevin f’ing Hayes, this is just damage control.

Giving away a good player for nothing.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
2017-18 Even strength points

Simmonds 30
Hartman 29
Pitlick 26
I mean, we always knew Simmonds was only half the player without PP time. And since he lost his ability to be effective on the PP, he's barely an NHL player anymore.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Didn't care much for Hartman, so I'm ok with this trade. Pitlick is better suited for the 4th line and and kills penalties. he's a UFA next summer though

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Hartman would’ve been the best 4th line winger in the NHL this season. Fletcher pissed away all of the cap space away on washed up vets and Kevin f’ing Hayes, this is just damage control.

Giving away a good player for nothing.

Hartman did nothing for us last season. Made a big hit in his first shift, then was invisible for the rest of the season.

Reactions: Insurrection

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007

I'd also hope that Pitlick is just going to be the 4th line RW or 13th forward, and is less of a risk of playing in the top 9 than Hartman was.

the good news is there is less danger of Pitlick playing that 3RW spot than there was Hartman. so, i feel better that either Frost will make the team, or at least there will be a better player there. Hartman just isn't a consistent enough player anymore to be top 9. and too expensive to be 4th line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad