Confirmed with Link: Flyers trade Ryan Hartman to Dallas for Tyler Pitlick

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Not only will Hartman be paid more, he's less useful.
He's not a 3RW I want on my team, and he's not a good defensive player on the 4th line.

Pitlick is a good fill-in who will help the PK, and who could center a checking line if they move Laughton up to 3LW (and Lindblom or Giroux to RW). He's got more value to the Flyers this year than Hartman, as long as he stays healthy this fall (by spring someone will be pushing for his job from LHV).

It not only saves cap room, it avoids a multi-year deal for Hartman blocking better prospects at LHV.

Hartman or a late 3rd (still haven't seen a credible report of a 2nd for Simmonds), meh either way.

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
438D7112-B998-4D6D-B915-CF18CBFAAC72.png

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Meh got a player who is a solid 4th liner for a good 4th liner. And probably saved around 1 million in cap space. The added bonus is that Pitlick can center L4 which allows Laughton to move to wing where he’s more effective. I’m fine with this deal.

Reactions: bennysflyers16

Jannik Hansen

Apr 16, 2016
Flyers are my second team, although I don’t get to watch them as much as I’d like because of the time zone difference. I’m not sure how Hartman was for us this year, but Pitlick is a quality fourth liner that I think could periodically play on the third line. For their price tags, I think Pitlick brings better value if Hartman is getting 2-3 million.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Pitlick cost $1M for next year before turning UFA. So they probably saved at least $1-1.5M from what they would have had to paid Hartman.

I’m guessing this & Sanheim’s contract leads more credence to them signing a 3W in free agency & Hartman never in the cards for it.

Possibly. I wonder if it is OK at that point to talk about the possibility of Frosty being blocked, or at least slightly hindered.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad