Confirmed with Link: Flyers trade Ryan Hartman to Dallas for Tyler Pitlick

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
He's been bouncing between the teams though. But that deal with preds was pure robery for Hawks not to pull the trigger and then he had like one goal in 20 something games before being traded for Simmonds in a season where Nashville went all in, again making a sense for them to move on. Now whatever Fletch has in mind, vets on d, 2C and resigning young rfas who actually move the needle seemed to be higher on his list of priorities and rightfully so.
Only thing in common is that neither team considered him valuable enough to hold onto him, which once again I don't think is too crazy either.
Also sidenote we have OL, NAK, Farabee, Allison all being able to play rw and now we heard even Frost talking about RW in development camp.
In the end if you take away his draft pedigree there's nothing unusual about Hartmans journey at all.
He's had severe consistency problems everywhere he's been, which now may be 4 different teams in barely over a year. I've seen that profile before in players who like to party a bit much. But that doesn't mean it's the case with Hartman.

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
I've read about 80 posts in this thread, skipping around a bit, and haven't seen one single reminder of how completely f***ing invisible Hartman was after that one hit. And given that it was in his first game, I think we should all be able to conclude 100% that the change of scenery was an absolute disaster in his case. That is the number one reason to me for wanting to part ways. With these changes in scenery, it's great about 10% of the time, no substantial difference 80% of the time, and 10% ..... this. It's also impossible to predict and often impossible to explain. Just awful luck when you get the bad 10. Nothing against the guy but relieved he's gone.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I've read about 80 posts in this thread, skipping around a bit, and haven't seen one single reminder of how completely ****ing invisible Hartman was after that one hit. And given that it was in his first game, I think we should all be able to conclude 100% that the change of scenery was an absolute disaster in his case. That is the number one reason to me for wanting to part ways. With these changes in scenery, it's great about 10% of the time, no substantial difference 80% of the time, and 10% ..... this. It's also impossible to predict and often impossible to explain. Just awful luck when you get the bad 10. Nothing against the guy but relieved he's gone.

I didn't think he was invisible or a non-factor. I thought he was fine doing what we had him assigned to do on the bottom 6.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Ahhhh, some boring hockey is the way we’re going. This guy would’ve been Hakstol go to in any situation if Hal were still here.

The first page of any trade thread always has at least one of these.

Pitlick was basically VDV, apparently.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
if every old thread was bumped like this one to make a pedantic point, if there is a real point that needed to be made, the whole first page of this forum would be old threads. it's just bad internetting. for shame.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->