Flyers trade deadline (Flyers claim J. Oduya off waivers; lose Alt to Colorado)

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
This is completely backwards. Back in the day their pretzels were amazing. Now they suck
Fly has it right, back in the day if they weren't as fresh as four day old rolls, they were soggy enough you could wring them out. If you managed to get the rare elusive one that was in between the two normal states of being, it had no flavor at all.
Now they are just ok.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Where are you, @Appleyard ? I want advanced stats of Oduya from you. You're beast in that. Thank you, buddy.

And what are you thinking about that if Oduya can play instead Hägg or Manning?

He is a similar level player to them... maybe better... maybe ~the same, maybe slightly worse. Who knows until he plays on the team.

This made me lmao though:

I mean, I am not saying Oduya is good... at best he is a ~#5-6... but it shows how bad the options out there were.

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
He is a similar level player to them... maybe better... maybe ~the same, maybe slightly worse. Who knows until he plays on the team.

I mean, I am not saying Oduya is good... at best he is a ~#5-6... but it shows how bad the options out there were.

I'm agreeing with you that he isn't TOP4 Dman. No doubt. But I believe that he can be better than Manning or Hägg in 3rd pair.

And his main plus: He would be very much better on PK than those two. We really need that!

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly

Every time I start to understand all the corsi stuff it goes back to looking like rocket science in 10 minutes.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
This is completely backwards. Back in the day their pretzels were amazing. Now they suck
Way back in the day they were great. About 5 years ago or so they went to these light colored pretzels that tasted stale as shit. They were gross. The last year or so they switched to a different kind and they taste pretty good (imo of course). I live in Jersey not sure if PA stores use different shit or whatnot.

Reactions: Cody Webster

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
I don't see any of the players involved in big trades as major playoff performers with the exception of maybe McDonagh. There is no need to mortgage the future for questionable characters like Kane, or perennial playoff duds like Nash. Vanek is also soft as they come and completely one dimensional.
This is it. No organization trades off quality players at this time unless they are messing over another organization. The players that get moved are those that are running out of gas, playing below their contract value or those that are marginal at best.
Right now, IMO, the Flyers are the deadline winners-needed a starting goalie due to injuries and got one. Without Mrazek, this year the Flyers would have fallen out of the PO run. Then again, Mrazek was a misfit in Detroit so we'll have to see how it works out for the rest of this season. Should be good but it could fall off of the cliff.

Reactions: FlyerFaithful17

MarAlain MongYeo

GostisBeHere Now
Oct 22, 2016
With Lindblom fitting in nicely, we have no need for Kane. Unless you want Evander "5 points in last 24 games and legitimate character concerns" to take away Oskars top 6 icetime after he FINALLY got his chance?

Giroux - Couturier - Konecny
Lindblom - Patrick - Voracek

That top 6 is already kicking ass and should not be broken up to add a rental at the expense of valuable assets.

Hartman would have been a good add for the bottom 6 but not at the expense of a 1st round pick plus. He's not that much better than Raffl/Weal to justify that.

Adding a 4C to replace Filppula would have been a good move though, since he can't even handle those duties at this point.

Once Simmer is back, Weise or Lehtera are likely out of the lineup.

Honestly the only move I REALLY want is Sanheim in for Meatpig Manning.

What I had in mind if we acquired Kane was to put him with Laughton and Simmonds when he gets back on the third line.

A middle six of

Lindblom-Patrick-Voracek

Kane-Laughton-Simmonds

would be killer, and worth the price to get him. It would be nice to get a good even strength player who can just bull his way to the net like Kane can on the third line. Im just not confident our bottom 6 can score enough to win a playoff series.

Reactions: onlylordsvsmorebp

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Fly has it right, back in the day if they weren't as fresh as four day old rolls, they were soggy enough you could wring them out. If you managed to get the rare elusive one that was in between the two normal states of being, it had no flavor at all.
Now they are just ok.

10-12 years ago they were great. Then they got rid of those and the ones they brought in sucked. The ones now are a big better but still suck

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Way back in the day they were great. About 5 years ago or so they went to these light colored pretzels that tasted stale as ****. They were gross. The last year or so they switched to a different kind and they taste pretty good (imo of course). I live in Jersey not sure if PA stores use different **** or whatnot.
Yea, way back in the day they were amazing, then they were absolutely awful, now they are edible

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
What I had in mind if we acquired Kane was to put him with Laughton and Simmonds when he gets back on the third line.

A middle six of

Lindblom-Patrick-Voracek

Kane-Laughton-Simmonds

would be killer, and worth the price to get him. It would be nice to get a good even strength player who can just bull his way to the net like Kane can on the third line. Im just not confident our bottom 6 can score enough to win a playoff series.

Thats fair. I mean, Kane is obviously a good player and would look good on our 3rd line; I just dont like the idea of giving up those assets for a rental in a season we dont have the D depth to win a Cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00