Flyers trade deadline (Flyers claim J. Oduya off waivers; lose Alt to Colorado)

Shodein

May 27, 2015
As the trade deadline draws near I can't help but get the feeling that Hextall is looking to make some moves.

I would love to believe the flyers are playing Manning to shop him around. My conspiracy theory is Sanheim and Neuvirth are being benched/not played as much, to prevent injuries and are the ones on the trade block.

With rumors of OEL on the market, I can imagine Hex/Hak trying to get some more experience on D. It just seems that they've lost confidence in Sanheim and if they could package a "bad contract" with him, they might. It's unrealistic to think contracts like Lehtera and A-Mac can be moved without giving up a 1st Rd pick and/or a blue chip prospect. Myers looking ready to come up next year also adds another layer to this.

What is everyone's thoughts about how the deadline will unfold?

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Maybe Morin gets given away for a pick,,
Maybe Raffl for a pick

Nothing else imo,, Manning and FLip are worthless, better players are being waived all the time

Reactions: Flyerfan4life

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
What makes sense: Trading Filppula and Manning

What will happen: Nothing + extensions to Filppula and Manning in the summer

If Hextall is a buyer and trades Morin for a useless vet I may murder someone.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Raffle, Simmonds,weise,lethera,leier,Manning,gudas, Mac and filp should be gone starting now and kill the chance at playoffs.

Harhis

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
As much as I like Simmonds I hope they trade him at some point. I don't think he will be worth his next contact. He's already kinda meh at 5v5 and propably is not getting any better.

Reactions: Shodein

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
two 1st round picks came with him.
would you give up 2 first rounders to get rid of him?
before you answer that. think about it.

Fine better example. HARTNELL FOR UMBERGER. We willingly took on Umberger which gives me hope that someone will take Manning. Yes i know Hartnell was pricey and on a contract but considering our lack of veterans and scoring depth, no biggie. Umberger was seriously never the better option - could have used his buy out on Hartnell if we really felt we needed to.

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
Difference is St. Louis basically paid us to take him off their hands. Someone should have to pay us to get Manning. Well, there are many stupid GMs so anything is possible.

Brandon Manning is an NHL defenseman being given opportunities that belong to our young d-men, so yes anything is possible.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Hextall will wait a couple weeks, if the team hits early February with a playoff spot, he may make a minor trade to shore up the center position.
If they're out of the playoffs (i.e. 6-8 points with 3-4 teams ahead of them for the WC spot), he'll sell.
Part of the game is waiting until injuries occur or a GM decides he needs depth for a playoff run.
Filppula to someone looking for a 3rd line LW.
MacDonald with salary retained.
Manning, Leier, Weal.
Simmonds would be a major trade to a cup contender.

Weise, Lehtera are unmovable.
They haven't given up on Sanheim, they just don't trust him right now, but if they fall out of contention he'll play on a regular basis.
And once Morin shows he's healthy and playing well, he'll get promoted with a few other AHL guys if they're out of contention.

Reactions: Pantokrator

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad