Flyers trade deadline (Flyers claim J. Oduya off waivers; lose Alt to Colorado)

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Anyone who puts ketchup or mayo on a pretzel deserves a falcon punch.
I don't do it often, just to f*** with people who haven't seen me do it before, but Heinz on a soft pretzel sorta kinda almost tastes like shrimp.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
What does LOD91 say now? Please look into your crystal ball and tell me what you see.....;-))

He got claimed off waivers. I didn’t think anyone would claim him & I’m sure the Flyers didn’t either. But that didn’t change what I was trying to explain to you on their reasoning as to why they did the move in the first place.

They claimed Johnny Oduya off waivers once Alt was claimed so that’s your #7 defensemen now.

Oskar Man

Social Assassin
Nov 30, 2010
I don't do it often, just to **** with people who haven't seen me do it before, but Heinz on a soft pretzel sorta kinda almost tastes like shrimp.

I mean I've done cheesesteaks on pretzel rolls with ketchup and it's a revelation. However, habitually dipping pretzels in ketchup/mayo is subhuman.

litflyersfan

Jan 1, 2008
I’m shocked Mike Green didn’t get traded. Dang it Hextall! He should have had him throw-in to the Mrazek trade.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Not sure I can handle all of this Auntie Anne’s hate.
I'm not health conscious in the slightest, but when a single pretzel has more calories in a burger that has already lowered its caloric count, there's something wrong.
It's like lobster, it's good, but all your really tasting is the butter, and gladly paying market price the the privilege to do so, or in the shitty pretzels case about 7 bucks.

Reactions: Peter Man

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
Not sure I can handle all of this Auntie Anne’s hate.

I'd sooner shape my feces into a twist and smear it with ketchup for a scarfin than eat Dear Auntie's nasty ass pretzels. I vomit in my mouth whenever I'm near one of their noxious disasters

Reactions: Peter Man

litflyersfan

Jan 1, 2008
I'm not health conscious in the slightest, but when a single pretzel has more calories in a burger that has already lowered its caloric count, there's something wrong.
It's like lobster, it's good, but all your really tasting is the butter, and gladly paying market price the the privilege to do so, or in the ****ty pretzels case about 7 bucks.
What the.....! Are you really comparing a pretzel to a lobster?

Reactions: Tripod

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I’m shocked Mike Green didn’t get traded. Dang it Hextall! He should have had him throw-in to the Mrazek trade.
Green had a NMC and reportedly only waived it for 2 teams....Tampa and Washington.

One of them should have thrown a lowball offer to try and steal him.

And why is there food talk going on? Get to the Menu thread!

Lol

Reactions: BernieParent

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
It's like lobster, it's good, but all your really tasting is the butter, and gladly paying market price the the privilege to do so, or in the ****ty pretzels case about 7 bucks.
What??? You are eating bad lobster then as it has great flavour!

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Not all that broken up about the deadline. Would have liked to see a deal get done but it sounds like what was available was too pricey (I would have been in on Tatar, Kane, and Hartman though, not sure I would have paid those prices though but I wouldn't have hung up if that was the ask).
you know...looking at the state of the roster...we are rapidly approaching the point of needing quality over quantity.

I would rather us hoard our players...get every drop out of their cost controlled years and be SURE they will not be stars than trade them away for young short term fixes like a Tatar/kane.

Reactions: BernieParent

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
We only got Oduya vi waivers right? nothing else?
I kind of hoped for that.. offered Manning for Oduya.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
It's really funny seeing people complain about keeping guys like Weise and Lehtera, and failing to realize that Hextall literally couldn't give these guys away.

We agree for a change :laugh:

I think Filppula could have possibly been moved for a mid-rounder but I suppose Hextall didnt want to thin their Center depth in case of injury.

You have to weigh the value of his return (3rd? 4th? 5th?) vs the value his replacement (Vecchione? Vorobyev?) would provide to the Flyers combined with what his replacements absence would mean to the Phantoms.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad