Confirmed with Link: Flyers sign Roman Lyubimov

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Well he sure isn't coming out for Laughton next game. You can bet on that.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I'd put him in over vv, bellemare, or weise. He's clearly been more effective than all of them. The system excuse is getting old, too. Guys that know the system are making more mistakes than guys like lyubimov. Add to that he'll learn the system a lot better playing in games than he will watching from the press box and it becomes inexcusable to bench him.

Weise has actually been a very effective possession player, even when not scoring.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Did Hak really say that? I have to ask, why is he the first one to get him to say that? Not like when he sat Ghost or MDZ. I really hope because of this that he would consider sitting at least VDV or PEB at some point.

Jonesey or JJ said it during the broadcast also, that Hak admitted he didn't deserve to sit.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
What a freakin stud this kid is. Such a hard worker, I feel like he makes something happen every shift he's out there.

He was IMMENSE last night. I've been a fan of his since day one and he keeps showing us what he's got. I'd be comfortable with him playing on any line. There's no reason to take Raffl off the top line, but I would be more than comfortable with Lube up there if we needed him. Huge fan of this guy. If Rube and Voro are anything like as good as him, we are really in business.

OriginJM

matt stromes skating coach
Feb 4, 2010
he has a killer instinct that few guys in the league possess. roman just never drops below his top gear, its incredible.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Lube is a top 9 calibre forward, without a doubt.

I think he could even be a top 6 forward in a complimentary role in the way that Raffl is.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Lyubimov is doing what coaches want you to do, you get a chance, you perform on that chance. He can't take him out now, he's going to keep him in, which I'm happy about. My guess is Leier/Cousins are out when Read & Couturier are healthy. Honestly Lyubimov makes the line with VDV/PEB relatively useful. He's tenacious.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
he has a killer instinct that few guys in the league possess. roman just never drops below his top gear, its incredible.

I'd be pleased locking him up for a couple years if he'd like to stay.

edit: and by "pleased" I mean I ****ing love this guy and hope we do it.

KrazyKat

May 27, 2013
Vancouver
When injury free guessing? Schenn has done well at center. No need to mess with what's working.

Raffl--Giroux--Voracek
Konecny--Schenn--Simmonds
Read--Couturier--Lyubimov
VandeVelde--Bellemare--Weise

Del Zotto--Gudas
Gostisbehere--Provorov
Macdonald--Streit

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
beta163.gif~c200

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
When injury free guessing? Schenn has done well at center. No need to mess with what's working.

Raffl--Giroux--Voracek
Konecny--Schenn--Simmonds
Read--Couturier--Lyubimov
VandeVelde--Bellemare--Weise

Del Zotto--Gudas
Gostisbehere--Provorov
Macdonald--Streit

No....Schenn has been a train wreck at center. Don't let Power Play points fool you. He's still mediocre to bad at 5V5.

You put Couturier right back with Konecny, because Schenn has neutered Konecny.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I would not mind Schenn staying at C for time-being... but in formation like:

Raffl -- Giroux -- Voracek
Konecny -- Couturier -- Simmonds
Read -- Schenn -- Weise
Bellemare -- Cousins -- Lyubimov

I know, I know... I can dream on the VdV front.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I've always liked Couturier and Read together. They just seem to have a natural chemistry. Add Lyubimov or Weise and we have a line that would be extremely tough to play against.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I said it in the game thread last night.

Lyubimov is bottom 6 forward Gudas (minus the step up hits). He's relentless, strong, a wrecking ball along the boards, blasts every shot he can from anywhere, and is smart and a good possession player.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I've always liked Couturier and Read together. They just seem to have a natural chemistry. Add Lyubimov or Weise and we have a line that would be extremely tough to play against.

They would be. The problem is Konecny-Schenn-Simmonds has been extremely easy to play against.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
After reading the Flyers fan in the Flyers Win Streak thread on the main board who says the win streak proves that Couturier is overrated and expendable, I think the reason certain people bash Couturier so much is because he makes them feel dumb.

He's not a flashy player and he doesn't do things that show up in highlights so you actually need to know what you're looking at to see his value. I'm not even talking about looking at advanced statistics either, I'm only talking about the good ol' eye test. If you don't pay attention to the little things he does right then you might not be able to accurately understand his value, which is why we read people, even Flyers fans, who underrate him so much. It bothers them that so many on here think he's so good and they're not capable of seeing why. That's why idiots on facebook, twitter, other forums, and our dumbass beats don't get how good he is and think he's a bottom 6 checker.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad