CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Last edited by a moderator:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Another warm body to make camp more competitive?

Or are we going to finally see Read traded?

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
He's 24 and has been playing in the KHL for the last 6 years with CSKA

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
If this guy takes up a roster spot from Konecny...

I am really leery of all these bottom six types Hextall is accruing while trying to believe he's being honest in saying the top prospects will be given a legitimate chance to earn a spot on the Flyers.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Can't find anything on him, but his playoff performances are intruiging, plays better when the games get more intense.
Something tells me he's a Raffl type player, good size, and I can't imagine Hextall signing a guy who can't skate.

Last year KHL/WC - 62 11-11 22 +14 25
Last two years playoffs - 27 8-6 14 +3 37

Size, 6'2 207, has steadily improved the last four years (ages 20-23).
Looks like a 10-15 goal, 30 points 3rd/4th wing guy, similar to Weise.

Last edited:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

I am really leery of all these bottom six types Hextall is accruing while trying to believe he's being honest in saying the top prospects will be given a legitimate chance to earn a spot on the Flyers.

Again, if Konecny is one the best 12 forwards and making the team wont hurt his longterm development, then he will make the team.

You must be fun at parties.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ

Another warm body to make camp more competitive?

Or are we going to finally see Read traded?

Ghost,

I wonder if hextall is having a plan incase he feels konecny isn't ready for the NHL this season or if read is gone, then it can be konecny and this new russian could be on this team or have a ligit shot.

but overall are we expecting the flyers to really make the big push to do damage in the playoffs this year? is this year still considered a rebuild year and continue growth of our young talent?

Hextall still is willing to be paitent in devlopment of our guys.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Apparently other teams were also looking at him due to the WHC. Bill Meltzer says he brings size and two-way play

litflyersfan

Jan 1, 2008

Hextall might not want to put Konecny in the lineup this year if there's another expansion in 2019. Konecny would have to be protected if he starts his pro career this year. If Konency plays out the year in junior, he would be exempt from a second expansion draft. Could also see Hextall doing something like this with Provorov, where it makes even more sense.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
He's not worried about protecting Provorov, by 2019, he'll be a 1st pair defenseman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad