Confirmed with Link: Flyers sign Roman Lyubimov

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
They would be. The problem is Konecny-Schenn-Simmonds has been extremely easy to play against.

Not trying to be argumentative just curious if that is an eye test or if there are numbers that show that?

Read Coots Simmonds would be a good two way line that couldn't lose out games since Hak doesn't appear to trust Konecny yet.

Konecny Schenn Weise?

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
Not trying to be argumentative just curious if that is an eye test or if there are numbers that show that?

Read Coots Simmonds would be a good two way line that couldn't lose out games since Hak doesn't appear to trust Konecny yet.

Konecny Schenn Weise?

I like that idea. I'd also like to see Konecny and Lyubimov together. That'd be a lot of energy.

Raffl-Giroux-Voracek
Read-Couturier-Simmonds
Konecny-Schenn-Lyubimov
Bellemarre-Cousins-Weise

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

Both. Konecny and Schenn have been handily outscored and heavily out shot when together.

And Hak has been giving Bellemare as much or more ES ice time than Schenn. PEB has actually been the 2C for a while now.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Both. Konecny and Schenn have been handily outscored and heavily out shot when together.

And Hak has been giving Bellemare as much or more ES ice time than Schenn. PEB has actually been the 2C for a while now.
Mostly because of matchups though. We've had a lot of home games this month and Hakstol wanted Bellemare's line out against the opposition's top line.

I like Random Forest's lines. That's a well-balanced lineup. You have a defensively solid 2nd line that can also provide offense and a high energy 3rd line that could be sheltered if necessary. And they all can score goals.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
This is my ideal forward lineup, if I'm also being realistic:

Raffl-Giroux-Voracek
Konecny-Couturier-Simmonds
Read-Schenn-Weise
VandeVelde-Bellemare-Lyubimov

That 4th line looks like it is here to stay. Hakstol is in heaven with them, giving them 2nd line minutes against top lines and whatnot. They're basically this year's version of the Untouchables Line, except Lyubimov is much better than Ryan White.

As for the middle 6, Schenn needs 2 strong possession players to maximize his game at center. Whether you stick Weise or Lyubimov with Schenn and Konecny, I don't think it will matter a whole lot because they'll still probably get caved and probably receive less minutes/trust as a result. Konecny-Schenn as a LW/C duo are just that poor defensively. Schenn needs Weise and Read to stabilize him in the 2-way game. Weise is a solid scorer when placed with talent; Read has been scoring better this season; and Schenn is skilled. That line can certainly score. But Konecny really needs Couturier as his center to stabilize him and get him going again with chances and o-zone time. I think this gives Hakstol 4 lines he can trust.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Ok nickname committee. I don't know if Lyubimov has an official accepted nickname so I want permission from the powers that be before I start referring to him as something other than his birth-name or an HFBoards certified nickname. I've seen people calling him Lube a time or two but I'm not sure if that has been sanctioned, and this nickname is just a bit longer than Lube. Anyway, for years on route 70 in Medford I would pass by a carwash with a sign that said "Lube Tech Wanted" in front. Ever since I learned how to pronounce Lyubimov's name, I have been referring to him as the Lube Tech. If possible, could the nickname overlords approve of this nickname so that I may call him that without fear of being drowned in the tears of the unhappy nicknamers?

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Ok nickname committee. I don't know if Lyubimov has an official accepted nickname so I want permission from the powers that be before I start referring to him as something other than his birth-name or an HFBoards certified nickname. I've seen people calling him Lube a time or two but I'm not sure if that has been sanctioned, and this nickname is just a bit longer than Lube. Anyway, for years on route 70 in Medford I would pass by a carwash with a sign that said "Lube Tech Wanted" in front. Ever since I learned how to pronounce Lyubimov's name, I have been referring to him as the Lube Tech. If possible, could the nickname overlords approve of this nickname so that I may call him that without fear of being drowned in the tears of the unhappy nicknamers?

Absolutely not, I refuse to call him Lube Tech and will oppose this vigorously at every opportunity. If you persist in this endeavor, I will refer to you as Dreck Tech Blech hereafter.

:naughty:

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Mostly because of matchups though. We've had a lot of home games this month and Hakstol wanted Bellemare's line out against the opposition's top line.

It's not just matchups when it's been going on for weeks against 10 different teams. Hak doesn't trust the Schenn line defensively.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
I wouldn't mind seeing Lyubimov on PP2 in front of the net. Couldn't really be any worse than it is anyway.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Still with the sour grapes over nicknames?!

When will the madness end?

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Still with the sour grapes over nicknames?!

When will the madness end?

Hey I just want to be careful that I don't offend anyone. It created quite a stir in the past and I was accused of using unauthorized nicknames to make people mad so now I don't want to use another nickname and get accused of the same thing so I wanted to clear it with the nickname committee first.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
Hey I just want to be careful that I don't offend anyone. It created quite a stir in the past and I was accused of using unauthorized nicknames to make people mad so now I don't want to use another nickname and get accused of the same thing so I wanted to clear it with the nickname committee first.

No, it's because your nicknames were cringeworthy. :laugh:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Nobody cares. Just come up with better nicknames.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Lube was skating hard again today , benching wasn't justified at all.

Hope he stays in lineup long term.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Lyubimov is RW, Voracek is RW. I'm pretty sure it's as simple as that.
It wasn't punishment for Lyubimov, just Hakstol trying to spark a comeback by double shifting one his best players.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Pretty positive Lyub can play either wing, and may actually prefer his off-wing, LW, like many Euros.
I'm sure he can, but do you want him to switch position in the middle of the game while being down 2-1?
It's probably safer to just replace one RW with another.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I'm sure he can, but do you want him to switch position in the middle of the game while being down 2-1?
It's probably safer to just replace one RW with another.

It's just switching from the right to left. It's not hard if you're comfortable and have experience at both, especially if you actually prefer the LW. It happens often enough where a player jumps up on a line to take shifts from center to wing or switches wings situationally.

I really don't think any of this factored into Hak's mind tbh. Lyubimov is the 3rd wheel on that line in his eyes, so it made sense to replace him with Voracek, despite Lyub, by most of our eyes, being the most talented player on that line. It's pretty much that simple: Hakstol views VandeVelde as the better player, down or up a goal, over Lyubimov.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Lyubimov is RW, Voracek is RW. I'm pretty sure it's as simple as that.
It wasn't punishment for Lyubimov, just Hakstol trying to spark a comeback by double shifting one his best players.

Then put Jake with the offensive players like Cousins To double shift. Putting your hottest player with your two worst is a waste of double shifting.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
You can think of Vandevelde and Bellemare what you want, but they're good on the forecheck. And having a talented player like Voracek out there with them to gain some offensive zone time was worth a try. At least in my eyes.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Lyubimov is the player Hak thinks Bellemare & VandeVelde are. It's amazing those two are going to have a three year stretch here with possibly even more if they get extended. We've played dime a dozen players at best for that long of stretch is truly amazing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad