GDT: Flyers @ Caps - 9/27/13 @ 7 PM

HeyMattyB

Sports bring out the worst in everyone.
Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
That was as stupid penalty by Orlov. Ugh. Dude I want you to succeed but you are blowing it. Go back to Hershey and get your act together!

HeyMattyB

Sports bring out the worst in everyone.
Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
So... the big question is does Fehr's preseason performance potentially push Brouwer down to the 3RW? I'd try it.

I was thinking the same thing. But still keep Brouwer in his spot on the first PP unit, because he's got that shot down. (Hopefully he doesn't need Ribs feeding it to him, though...)

Then again, I think if Brouwer plays this year like he played last year, he could be a 30-goal guy. If Fehr plays this year like he's played this season, he should be a 20-goal guy. Which would be GREAT, but still.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
5vsj0l.png

:facepalm:

Only in the NHL does shaking your hand around signify it hurts should call embellishment for every time it happens.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I was thinking the same thing. But still keep Brouwer in his spot on the first PP unit, because he's got that shot down. (Hopefully he doesn't need Ribs feeding it to him, though...)

Then again, I think if Brouwer plays this year like he played last year, he could be a 30-goal guy. If Fehr plays this year like he's played this season, he should be a 20-goal guy. Which would be GREAT, but still.

And I think, honestly, Fehr could push 30 given the right line mates and enough icetime. Agree on Brouwer on PP1.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Mario got a cap suspended for shaking his hand in the playoffs one year. Mario missed no games nor time.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Am I the only one not overly impressed by Strachan?
He's not all that strong a skater but he's been alright. Better than Oleksy, who himself isn't that fluid a skater but doesn't have the size/wingspan to help compensate.

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi

http://www.whl.ca/roster/show/id/2850 Brouwer
http://www.whl.ca/roster/show/id/3212 Fehr

Back in the day Fehr had two back to back 50 + goal seasons. Brouwer had one 49 goal season.

Fehr's potential appears to be greater than Brouwer's.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
He's not all that strong a skater but he's been alright. Better than Oleksy, who himself isn't that fluid a skater but doesn't have the size/wingspan to help compensate.
Agreed on both counts. But I do give the benefit of the doubt (and the roster spot) to Oleksy based on his strong play to close out last season. At least for the beginning of the season, that is.

I missed this as I missed part of the first, but isn't he coming off a hand injury?
Yes. He somehow shattered a golf club and injured his hand.

KevinM

Feb 7, 2012
D.C.
The only notable thing I noticed Strachan do that first period was run Neuvy behind the net. Carrick has looked good tonight.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I was speculating on letting Fehr (and Ward) try and eat into some of Brouwers ice time a while back. That met a lot of resistance. I still want to see Fehr get tried on 2 and PP1. Again, to Troy's public defenders, nothing against Brouwer,

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi
I missed this as I missed part of the first, but isn't he coming off a hand injury?

Yes Giroux had hand surgery at the end of August. Philly made him miss Canada Olympic orientation camp as they did not want him to travel and possibly impact the healing.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Ovi seemed more mature than usual in that interview. :laugh: I guess getting engaged/married broke me too. Poor Ovi. lol

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
Yes Giroux had hand surgery at the end of August. Philly made him miss Canada Olympic orientation camp as they did not want him to travel and possibly impact the healing.

Yes, I know about missing Canada camp, etc.; didn't recall which hand and didn't see the play; point being, might not have been much but could have been it stung/hurt given his recent injury history, that's all

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad