Fantasy Sports: Flyers Board Mock Draft 2019

SanBlom

Jan 29, 2008
St Peters
In honor of bring your child to work day (4/25/19), Gary Bettman brings his daughter to the draft and intends to use her as a human shield. The idea being, the owners/GMs of the clubs won’t act poorly in front of his daughter on stage. This once proud man is broken and a hollow casting of himself, hiding behind literal children to bypass what is sure to be unpleasant, unnecessary, unprovoked harassment. That Elvis guy really did a number on Bettman last time Vegas selected.

GMGM walks up to the stage, and nods at both Bettman and his daughter, Laura, as he passes them in stride. He assumes a position behind the lectern and clears his throat. The crowd boos, an uneven chorus as only the staunchest Vancouver natives/affiliated NHL fans are left in the arena. Most of the folks in the stands are draft picks hoping to be selected and their families, none of those people would boo a potential new boss.

GMGM: VANCOUVER, the rest of the plebian NHL. I’ve been inspired by the cooperation and beneficial partnerships between multiple organizations here today. In that same spirit of recognition, I’d like to congratulate ME for being the architect of the Stanley Cup Winning Washington Capitals! And because I am SO great, I also built the previous runner-up VEGAS GOLDEN KNIGHTS! Truly, if ever there was a more obvious recipient of the GM of the year award than MYSELF, no one could definitively say.

979778764.jpg.0.jpg

But like I said, teams working together is good for everybody. So, the Vegas Golden Knights are proud to work again with the Cup Champs, and invite Mr. Brian MacLellan to the stage!
The Capitals GM seems puzzled, but decides to take the invite. He begins to walk to the stage and one can observe him nodding and smiling to himself about being recognized. GMGM looks at Mr. MacLellan and smiles. Clears his throat and continues talking.

GMGM: GMBM and I go back a long ways. Both Guelph boys, born in the same year, who attended Bowling Green University together. I brought him to the Capitals as my AGM, and he succeeded me as the GM when I was fired in 2014.

GMBM had looked confident, but with the mentioning of GMGM being fired, a pause crossed the man’s visage.

GMGM: I thought it was pretty swell of the Wirtz family to give Dale Tallon a ring. Ted Leonis didn’t extend me the same favor. Check this out about the Caps team last year

So seeing as how I have so many picks to make, and GMBM has so few, I figured I’d share the love and let him get some more experience under my tutelage. After all, GMBM does love my sloppy seconds!

Bettman’s daughter is confused by the hostility, and the term being used. GMGM can hear the young woman ask her father about the phrase. To which GMGM responds thusly-

giphy.gif

GMGM leaves the stage as GMBM is ascending the stairs.

GMBM: Of all the ungrateful, irresponsible. YOU KNOW WHAT GEORGE?! I’M A STANLEY CUP WINNER AND YOU AREN’T!
F’ing clown show that guy. Reluctantly, on behalf of the Vegas Golden Knights, the Washington Capitals will use the #110 pick to select, from the WHL Red Deer Rebels, hailing from Moskva, RUS, standing at 6’1” weighing 185 lbs, left-shooting center, OLEG ZAITSEV! In D.C. we have a saying, Russian Machine Never Breaks, here’s to a long, prosperous, Western Conference champion-capped, career Oleg.
And that folks is why some GMs start, and other GMs finish.

DodrTjPV4AA5Pte.jpg

Vegas Picks
17th – Arthur Kaliyev, RW, Hamilton (OHL)
48th – Patrik Puistola, LW, LeKi (Mestis)
79th – Hunter Jones, G, Peterborough (OHL)
84th – Ryder Donovan, C, Duluth East (USHS-MN)
86th – Samuel Bolduc, D, Blainville-Boisbriand (QMJHL)
110th – Oleg Zaitsev, C, Red Deer (WHL)

@FlyTimmo is up next
No way I'm reading all of this but I'll give you a like for the effort!

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Rags take Domenick Fensore. Sorry for the delay! Bad Friday night timing....

Talent consultant Corky St. Clair thinks the diagonal USA lettering & red, white, & blue color scheme will ease his transition to the Rangers.

He also joked about how Fensore is a first round talent “overlooked” due to his 5’6” height. And something about another Spurgeon, but that could’ve been a dinner order.

061-01.jpg

Last edited:

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Rags take Domenick Fensore. Sorry for the delay! Bad Friday night timing....

Talent consultant Corky St. Clair thinks the diagonal USA lettering & red, white, & blue color scheme will ease his transition to the Rangers.

He also joked about how Fensore is a first round talent “overlooked” due to his 5’6” height. And something about another Spurgeon, but that could’ve been a dinner order.

061-01.jpg
@Ernest95 is up.

Rags mock:
2. Kaapo Kakko RW
22. Jakob Pelletier LW
37. Nick Robertson C/LW
49. Yegor Afanasyev W
62. Henry Thrun D
68. Albert Johansson D
112. Domenick Fensore D

Last edited:

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
The soon to be 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Champions, your Dallas Stars select Ronnie Attard

@Ghosts Beer is up.
Was just looking thru the picks so far and did noticed he had not been picked yet . 99 born 6'3" 200 lbs , broke USHL defense scoring record , won USHL D man of the year , won USHL player of the year , captain of USA world junior A team that won gold . If he has a good playoffs he will be much higher than this . Good pick

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Damn, I was expecting him to last a while.
A few of the defensemen I had targeted for this pick got snapped up, & a couple posters seem to have similar tastes in prospects, so I couldn’t risk waiting another round for Fensore. I think he was the best player available, & I don’t mind rolling the dice with his lack of size in round 4.

Reactions: VladDrag

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
A few of the defensemen I had targeted for this pick got snapped up, & a couple posters seem to have similar tastes in prospects, so I couldn’t risk waiting another round for Fensore. I think he was the best player available, & I don’t mind rolling the dice with his lack of size in round 4.
He was my next pick. Around 150.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

Chuck Downie

Cheese and olive
Jul 11, 2007
World Traveller
Proud of his many accomplishments, Dale Tallon brags to the guy next to him at the local rink...

t_1530118438841_name_sfl_dale_tallon_talks_panthers_development_camp_video_20180627_scaled.jpg

"I bet you've never been on a jigsaw puzzle before?". The guy next to him ignores him. Tallon pulls this out of his bag...

s-l300.jpg

"See, I have!". The guy gets up and walks away.

:panthersselects Michael Vukojevic

Michael Vukojevic at eliteprospects.com

Vukojevic_Signing_WEBSITE.jpg

Florida draft:

1 - 13 - Peyton Krebs, C/LW, Kootenay (WHL)
2 - 54 - Artemi Knyazev, D, Chicoutimi (QMJHL)
3 - 69 - Dustin Wolf, G, Everett (WHL)
4 - 104 - Martin Lang, RW/LW, Kamloops (WHL)
4 - 106 - Graeme Clarke, RW, Ottawa (OHL)
4 - 116 - Michael Vukojevic, D, Kitchener (OHL)

:nashville@Young Sandwich is up!

Last edited:

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Fresh off a draft-floor scrap with George McPhee after snaking the Vegas GM's Russian goaltender one pick before he could take him, David Poile steps to the podium looking like he just got done throwing hands with an ornery grizzly bear.

david_poile.jpg

"You should see the other guy", Poile says with a sly grin. "It's safe to say GMGM was fed his lunch today. We'll see if he's still hungry after he wakes up."

With the 117th pick in the 2019 NHL draft, the Nashville Predators select Kirill Slepets, a double overager forward from Russia. "Seeing as this kid looks like he already pays a mortgage and is diligently shopping around for life insurance, we feel he can make an impact on our team sooner than later."

24043.jpg

@Ernest95 is up.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $200.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland