Fantasy Sports: Flyers Board Mock Draft 2019

Chuck Downie

Cheese and olive
Jul 11, 2007
World Traveller
Panthers Supreme Leader brags about the size of the sandwich he ate at lunch. "It was this f***ing big." Wilson knows he's lying and McPhee is picturing him eating it.

2017+NHL+Draft+Round+One+pnk0FngCvY_x.jpg

:panthersSelects Graeme Clarke from Ottawa (OHL)

Graeme Clarke at eliteprospects.com

OHL goal of the year:

Florida draft:

1 - 13 - Peyton Krebs, C/LW, Kootenay (WHL)
2 - 54 - Artemi Knyazev, D, Chicoutimi (QMJHL)
3 - 69 - Dustin Wolf, G, Everett (WHL)
4 - 104 - Martin Lang, RW/LW, Kamloops (WHL)
4 - 106 - Graeme Clarke, RW, Ottawa (OHL)

:coyotes@Hexy4 is up!

Last edited:

Hexy4

Mar 12, 2007
The Coyotes are really disappointed to not have a 5th round pick this year as I have 2 guys that I would like to take here, and know that one won’t make it to my next pick in the 6th. With that being said I feel like this will be my sleeper pick of the draft. With the 107 pick......

27879.jpg

Adam Beckman
LW
Spokane Chiefs
Shoots:
L
Height:
6'1
Weight:
Birthdate:
2001-05-10
Hometown:
Saskatoon, SK
Draft:
WHL - SPO (2016) Round: 5 (#96)
GPGAPTS+/-PIMPPGSHGSOGFOW
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

@BigToe you’re up

denominator

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2012
Fort St John
Thanos: Anaheim is proud to select from some ****ing place in Russia, Danila Galenyuk

Bettman: Jesus Christ, I really need to put a limit on what goes on at the draft

*Galenyuk looks to the ground*
Galenyuk: what the **** did I get myself into

Who is this guy? Is he an overager? Somehow he has not made it onto my list yet and that perplexes me.

Reactions: Chuck Downie

denominator

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2012
Fort St John
He was eligible last draft too.

Went #89 to Was an autopick last mock:

3-89 - Winnipeg - Danila Galenyuk, D, St. Petersburg (KHL) auto-pick

Yeah I see him in my 2018 rankings. He's one of those weird guys that most non-scouts were high on but somehow went completely undrafted last year (I had him a #65 in my final 2018 rankings). Astonishingly, nobody is hyping him as an overager pick for this year yet, despite some other notable OAs (Leason, Fagemo, Slepets, Eggenberger) getting traction.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
David Poile steps up to the podium to announce his first 4th round selection. "With the 109th pick in the 2019 draft, Nashville selects..."

Poile mysteriously walks away from the podium and toward the sparsely filled seats at Rogers Arena. He scans around for several minutes before acquiring his target. Without warning, he hoists a young man up into his arms and begins making his way back to the stage.

He ferociously screams, "PYOTR KOCHETKOV, GOALTENDER, RUSSIA". Pyotr is visibly dumbfounded with what just occurred.

pyotr-kochetkov-a-goalie-of-the-russian-mens-national-junior-ice-a-picture-id1078772476

@Ruck Over is up next

SanBlom

Jan 29, 2008
St Peters
The Coyotes are really disappointed to not have a 5th round pick this year as I have 2 guys that I would like to take here, and know that one won’t make it to my next pick in the 6th. With that being said I feel like this will be my sleeper pick of the draft. With the 107 pick......

27879.jpg

Adam Beckman
LW
Spokane Chiefs
Shoots:
L
Height:
6'1
Weight:
Birthdate:
2001-05-10
Hometown:
Saskatoon, SK
Draft:
WHL - SPO (2016) Round: 5 (#96)
GPGAPTS+/-PIMPPGSHGSOGFOW
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
@BigToe you’re up

Nice flow

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
David Poile steps up to the podium to announce his first 4th round selection. "With the 109th pick in the 2019 draft, Nashville selects..."

Poile mysteriously walks away from the podium and toward the sparsely filled seats at Rogers Arena. He scans around for several minutes before acquiring his target. Without warning, he hoists a young man up into his arms and begins making his way back to the stage.

He ferociously screams, "PYOTR KOCHETKOV, GOALTENDER, RUSSIA". Pyotr is visibly dumbfounded with what just occurred.

pyotr-kochetkov-a-goalie-of-the-russian-mens-national-junior-ice-a-picture-id1078772476

@Ruck Over is up next
1Vzu.gif

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
It's always tough to judge when to take goalies. I should be okay though, he was just the top name on a shortlist of goalies I like.
Yep, he was on my shortlist too. Took Hunter because there was a run on CHL goalies and I thought the Euro might slip to me. One spot short...

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
In honor of bring your child to work day (4/25/19), Gary Bettman brings his daughter to the draft and intends to use her as a human shield. The idea being, the owners/GMs of the clubs won’t act poorly in front of his daughter on stage. This once proud man is broken and a hollow casting of himself, hiding behind literal children to bypass what is sure to be unpleasant, unnecessary, unprovoked harassment. That Elvis guy really did a number on Bettman last time Vegas selected.

GMGM walks up to the stage, and nods at both Bettman and his daughter, Laura, as he passes them in stride. He assumes a position behind the lectern and clears his throat. The crowd boos, an uneven chorus as only the staunchest Vancouver natives/affiliated NHL fans are left in the arena. Most of the folks in the stands are draft picks hoping to be selected and their families, none of those people would boo a potential new boss.

GMGM: VANCOUVER, the rest of the plebian NHL. I’ve been inspired by the cooperation and beneficial partnerships between multiple organizations here today. In that same spirit of recognition, I’d like to congratulate ME for being the architect of the Stanley Cup Winning Washington Capitals! And because I am SO great, I also built the previous runner-up VEGAS GOLDEN KNIGHTS! Truly, if ever there was a more obvious recipient of the GM of the year award than MYSELF, no one could definitively say.

979778764.jpg.0.jpg

But like I said, teams working together is good for everybody. So, the Vegas Golden Knights are proud to work again with the Cup Champs, and invite Mr. Brian MacLellan to the stage!

The Capitals GM seems puzzled, but decides to take the invite. He begins to walk to the stage and one can observe him nodding and smiling to himself about being recognized. GMGM looks at Mr. MacLellan and smiles. Clears his throat again and continues talking.

GMGM: GMBM and I go back a long ways. Both Guelph boys, born in the same year, who attended Bowling Green University together. I brought him to the Capitals as my AGM, and he succeeded me as the GM when I was fired in 2014.

GMBM had looked confident, but with the mentioning of GMGM being fired, a pause crossed the man’s visage.

GMGM: I thought it was pretty swell of the Wirtz family to give Dale Tallon a ring. Ted Leonis didn’t extend me the same favor. Check this out about the Caps team last year
Washington’s roster has 12 players drafted by McPhee, including the likes of Alex Ovechkin and Braden Holtby and Nicklas Backstrom and Evgeny Kuznetsov and John Carlson. The Capitals made a Cup final under McPhee’s stewardship in 1998

So seeing as how I have so many picks to make, and GMBM has so few, I figured I’d share the love and let him get some more experience under my tutelage. After all, GMBM does love my sloppy seconds!

Bettman’s daughter is confused by the hostility, and the term being used. GMGM can hear the young woman ask her father about the phrase. To which GMGM responds thusly-

giphy.gif

GMGM leaves the stage as GMBM is ascending the stairs.

GMBM: Of all the ungrateful, irresponsible. YOU KNOW WHAT GEORGE?! I’M A STANLEY CUP WINNER AND YOU AREN’T!
F’ing clown show that guy. Reluctantly, on behalf of the Vegas Golden Knights, the Washington Capitals will use the #110 pick to select, from the WHL Red Deer Rebels, hailing from Moskva, RUS, standing at 6’1” weighing 185 lbs, left-shooting center, OLEG ZAITSEV! In D.C. we have a saying, Russian Machine Never Breaks, here’s to a long, prosperous, Western Conference champion-capped, career Oleg.
And that folks is why some GMs start, and other GMs finish.

29908.jpg

Vegas Picks
17th – Arthur Kaliyev, RW, Hamilton (OHL)
48th – Patrik Puistola, LW, LeKi (Mestis)
79th – Hunter Jones, G, Peterborough (OHL)
84th – Ryder Donovan, C, Duluth East (USHS-MN)
86th – Samuel Bolduc, D, Blainville-Boisbriand (QMJHL)
110th – Oleg Zaitsev, C, Red Deer (WHL)

@FlyTimmo is up next

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad