Fantasy Sports: Flyers Board Mock Draft 2019

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
You’ve drafted a lot of guys who I had ranked higher than they went. Almost everyone I had on short lists for my own picks.

NJD is killing it. I was so waiting on Tracey to fall to me. When he started scoring like a machine at U18s just before my pick I was displeased.

Stop doing so well for the bloody Devils @Strawberry Fields !

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
“… for the third and last time, Pittsburgh Seng … I mean, Penguins are up for the 98th overall pick. If no pick is made in the next 5 minutes …” (hand over mic) “Please, please, let that **** Lemieux be far, far away” “… then the pick will …”

“WAIT!!”

All eyes turn to the south entrance, where GM Jim Rutherford is running up the aisle, shirt tails flapping over his pants and his tie and suit jacket in his hands.

“Jim, where have you been? And where’s Mario?”

Rutherford stops at the bottom of the stage stairs, hands on his knees as he sucks air into his lungs. “Goldurn it, when we got here, Mr. Lemieux …

“MASTER!! Where’s the Master?!” squeals Dorion.

“What the …? Get away from me! What in tarnation are you?”

Dorion scrabbles back under the Senguin table.

“Yeah, uh, Mr. Lemieux told me to stay out of his way, and since he has been so focused on the Senators, we were just left to wait for our actual next pick. Well, come 2 hours and still about 40 picks left to go, I couldn’t keep my eyes open. It was way past my afternoon nap time, so I tells Mr. Lemieux that I’m gonna grab a quick nap. He hardly even looked at me, just swished me away with his hand. Next thing I know, I gets a call from Sid sayin’ our pick is comin’ up. Ya think I know how to work this cellular telephone, dagnabbit?!

“Anyway, here I am for the pick. So … umm, we sure wouldn’t be disappointed if somebody had a decent defenseman to trade us for it. Nope, sure wouldn’t.”

“How about Nikita Zaitsev?” yells out a despondent-looking Kyle Dubas.

“That’s a GREAT idea! Let’s just draw up the …”

“NO!!!!” comes a chorus from the Penguins table.

“Why not?” Rutherford shoots back. “A good, young defenseman, with offensive and defensive ability.”

A young intern leaps up on stage and whispers a long string of advanced metrics into Rutherford’s ear.

“Mmm hmmm, okay. And those numbers are important?"

The intern nods.

"Sorry Kyle.”

Dubas pops a small handful of antidepressants and pulls his hoodie closer around his ears.

“Anyone else? Come on, I am VERY ready to make a deal for …”

The same intern says, “Sir, I was told to speak for the whole Penguins contingent, and …”

“Even Sid?”

“Yes, sir, even Mr. Crosby. We believe the best course of action is to actually select a prospect.”

“What fun is that?”

“Well, sir, our prospect list is rather barren from years of pursuing Stanley Cups.”

Rutherford exhales loudly. “Fine, if we have to! But I don’t even know any of the young’uns available.”

The intern passes Rutherford a sheet of paper.

“Oh, okay. Fine. How about …. Umm, this guy? His name looks like a foreigner. They’re good hockey players, right?”

The intern nods awkwardly.

“All right, so the Pittsburgh Penguins are pleased to select with the …”

“98th pick, sir.”

"… the 98th pick – wow, I didn’t know there were so many picks – from Jukurit of the Finnish Elite League, centre Henri Nikkanen.”

@ajw12 has been summoned.

ajw12

Dec 7, 2018
Central PA
With the 99th pick, the Boston Bruins select:

Simon Lundmark, D, Linköping HC (SHL)

simonlundmark.jpg

PMing @VladDrag

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
“… for the third and last time, Pittsburgh Seng … I mean, Penguins are up for the 98th overall pick. If no pick is made in the next 5 minutes …” (hand over mic) “Please, please, let that **** Lemieux be far, far away” “… then the pick will …”

“WAIT!!”

All eyes turn to the south entrance, where GM Jim Rutherford is running up the aisle, shirt tails flapping over his pants and his tie and suit jacket in his hands.

“Jim, where have you been? And where’s Mario?”

Rutherford stops at the bottom of the stage stairs, hands on his knees as he sucks air into his lungs. “Goldurn it, when we got here, Mr. Lemieux …

“MASTER!! Where’s the Master?!” squeals Dorion.

“What the …? Get away from me! What in tarnation are you?”

Dorion scrabbles back under the Senguin table.

“Yeah, uh, Mr. Lemieux told me to stay out of his way, and since he has been so focused on the Senators, we were just left to wait for our actual next pick. Well, come 2 hours and still about 40 picks left to go, I couldn’t keep my eyes open. It was way past my afternoon nap time, so I tells Mr. Lemieux that I’m gonna grab a quick nap. He hardly even looked at me, just swished me away with his hand. Next thing I know, I gets a call from Sid sayin’ our pick is comin’ up. Ya think I know how to work this cellular telephone, dagnabbit?!

“Anyway, here I am for the pick. So … umm, we sure wouldn’t be disappointed if somebody had a decent defenseman to trade us for it. Nope, sure wouldn’t.”

“How about Nikita Zaitsev?” yells out a despondent-looking Kyle Dubas.

“That’s a GREAT idea! Let’s just draw up the …”

“NO!!!!” comes a chorus from the Penguins table.

“Why not?” Rutherford shoots back. “A good, young defenseman, with offensive and defensive ability.”

A young intern leaps up on stage and whispers a long string of advanced metrics into Rutherford’s ear.

“Mmm hmmm, okay. And those numbers are important?"

The intern nods.

"Sorry Kyle.”

Dubas pops a small handful of antidepressants and pulls his hoodie closer around his ears.

“Anyone else? Come on, I am VERY ready to make a deal for …”

The same intern says, “Sir, I was told to speak for the whole Penguins contingent, and …”

“Even Sid?”

“Yes, sir, even Mr. Crosby. We believe the best course of action is to actually select a prospect.”

“What fun is that?”

“Well, sir, our prospect list is rather barren from years of pursuing Stanley Cups.”

Rutherford exhales loudly. “Fine, if we have to! But I don’t even know any of the young’uns available.”

The intern passes Rutherford a sheet of paper.

“Oh, okay. Fine. How about …. Umm, this guy? His name looks like a foreigner. They’re good hockey players, right?”

The intern nods awkwardly.

“All right, so the Pittsburgh Penguins are pleased to select with the …”

“98th pick, sir.”

"… the 98th pick – wow, I didn’t know there were so many picks – from Jukurit of the Finnish Elite League, centre Henri Nikkanen.”

@ajw12 has been summoned.
Booo

johum7

Nov 8, 2017
Freddy
*Bob Murray walks up onto stage*

BM: On behalf of the Anaheim Ducks, we would like to allow all powerful Thanos to announce our selection.

*Thanos appears on stage using the space stone*

Thanos: With great power comes great responsibility, and Anaheim selection displays that very much.

Some jackass from the crowd: Wrong character you dummy.

Thanos: You’re insults do not phase me you peasant, I can do this all day.

The same jackass from the crowd: Wrong character again, do you have multiple personalities or something?

Thanos: I know what it’s like to lose, and this player does too. Destiny has come to this player in the form of myself. I would like to bring this player up to the stage now.

*Thanos snaps*
*Half the crowd disappears*

Thanos: Oh **** I did it again. Take that bitches all your draft picks are dead.

Bettman: Thanos you can’t do that.

Thanos: Who says I can’t?

*Bettman stares at Thanos with immense guilt in his eyes*

Thanos: all right Bettman, you win

*Thanos snaps and brings back all the formerly deceased draft picks*

Thanos: Shall we try this again?

*Thanos snaps and pulls Anaheim’s draft selection up to the stage*

Thanos: Anaheim is proud to select from some ****ing place in Russia, Danila Galenyuk

Bettman: Jesus Christ, I really need to put a limit on what goes on at the draft

*Galenyuk looks to the ground*
Galenyuk: what the f*** did I get myself into

If you couldn’t tell I just watched Avengers and couldn’t think of anything else so y’all got to read that pile of junk

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Upon hearing the Canucks are on the clock again, Benning thinks to himself, "This f***ing thing isn't over yet?" before murmuring an expletive into the microphone.

GM_20190425_230112.gif

With the 102nd pick in the 2019 NHL Entry Draft, the Vancouver Canucks are proud to select, from the Dubuque Fighting Saints of the USHL, LW Matias Macceli.

Matias Maccelli at eliteprospects.com

10_maccelli,_matias_2018-09-30.jpg

Whoever is up next, you're up next.

SanBlom

Jan 29, 2008
St Peters
Last edited:

Chuck Downie

Cheese and olive
Jul 11, 2007
World Traveller
King of the Panthers, Dale Tallon is super cross after many players on his draft board have been chosen. He consults with longtime friend and ruler of Habs Nation, Marc Bergevin.

6e0e7521-306d-4de6-8582-1bc1785f7542_TVASPORTS_WEB.jpg

"You have to get younger" says Bergevin. Tallon takes this to heart and drafts the baby:

SB-Simon-Morley-1.jpg

"Didn't mean an actual baby...but I will draft the youngest player in the draft" says Tallon.

:panthersSelects Martin Lang from Kamloops.

martin-lang-of-the-kamloops-blazers-skates-against-the-kelowna-at-picture-id1132195797

Martin Lang at eliteprospects.com

Bergevin interrupts - "Lang was born on a leap year so he's not eligible until next year!!!! He's actually four days older".

"Forget it, Marc, we tried something like that in 2003 with Ovechkin. Won't work." says Tallon.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/washington-capitals/how-florida-tried-draft-ovechkin-year-early

:hawks@Flyerfan13 is up!

Last edited:

SanBlom

Jan 29, 2008
St Peters
King of the Panthers, Dale Tallon is super cross after many players on his draft board have been chosen. He consults with longtime friend and ruler of Habs Nation, Marc Bergevin.

url

"You have to get younger" says Bergevin. Tallon takes this to heart and drafts a baby:

url

"Didn't mean and actual baby...but I will draft the youngest player in the draft" says Tallon.

url

Bergevin interrupts - "Lang was born on a leap year so he's not eligible until next year!!!!".

"Forget it, Marc, we tried that in 2003 with Ovechkin. Won't work."

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/washington-capitals/how-florida-tried-draft-ovechkin-year-early

He was my other guy along with a Russian. Had to go Sweden in the end. :)

Reactions: Chuck Downie

johum7

Nov 8, 2017
Freddy
Well...I do love Swedes and Soderstrom needs friends. Do you guys remembered Henrik Karlsson? Not him, but it's close.
Karl Henriksson
qTN-4FYVkUG5o-1510060159.jpg

We, the Flyers absolutely love this stat/award and expect big things:
He did some other cool stuff too, but nothing like that +/- statistic.

@Chuck Downie I see you are ready to go! Get em!
No.

Reactions: Morinisbear

SanBlom

Jan 29, 2008
St Peters

url

"You have to get younger" says Bergevin. Tallon takes this to heart and drafts the baby:

url

"Didn't mean an actual baby...but I will draft the youngest player in the draft" says Tallon.

url

Bergevin interrupts - "Lang was born on a leap year so he's not eligible until next year!!!!".

"Forget it, Marc, we tried something like that in 2003 with Ovechkin. Won't work."

** Looks like my images are not coming up. Will fix after work.
That Bacon and Egg thing you got going on is a Beauty! Not sure I ever said that so I wanted it to get some recognition.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad